IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #76

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s funny, I am Irish, Austrian, French and Jamaican not in any order but ask me what I look like. People assume one and not the other, I never assume with genetics. Nor what one identifies as.

That's right. The hat is way overrated. I mentioned it because I keep seeing "LE said" comments as fact without backup.

If he was known to be bald on top that would be important - but it's up in the air. Facial features is the focus LE is stressing and I believe what they want is for someone who knows this man to come forward, not strangers making comparisons to people they never met.

But JMO

BBM - Yes, very interesting to read again. The most interesting to me was Kizzy's transcription of a portion of KN's interview which I've copied/pasted below.

kizzykat 10/28/2017 Thread #73 Post#302

Sketch (14:30 mark, her words, interviewer's left out) "I think that looks a lot like Daniel...I've said that from day one, yeah...There's a lot of similarities in that sketch and my husband's face. Uh, it's scary because I even did the whole thing of covering the hat, just because the hat is not something I know he would wear. And even covering the hat that sketch looks a lot like him. It has same nose, which his nose you can't mistake, I'm sorry...that's what scared me. When I saw that comparison put side by side I just stood there and stared at it for awhile because it's like that really looks like him, you put a same type of hat on him that's in that sketch and (then?) it looks a lot like him. And even that blurry picture...now that picture there's a couple things I'm up and down about that picture to be honest with you. He never had a jacket like that, however, if Daniel did anything like that obviously I don't know if he did it so how do I know he didn't purchase something like that so it doesn't look like him and get rid of it. You know what I mean? However, I did Daniel's laundry. I've been taking care of the house for years since we've been together so did I know that he had any articles of clothing like what's worn in that picture? Not that I've ever seen. I've never seen him (?) a blue jacket like that so that's why I was like ok well he never had one but that doesn't mean anything. Obviously. Um, he's lied about so much since we've been married, I can't believe anything anymore. I don't know what he has done or what he hasn't done. I don't believe a word that comes out of his mouth anymore."

SBM

What KN says about the sketch and the hat and the Video still.

I'm just confused with this sketch if they had someone close enough to discern the hat type and eye color wouldn't that person be able to rule out whether it's Nations or not? If yes, would that be enough circumstantial evidence to charge him? Sorry if stupid question.

I'm just confused with this sketch if they had someone close enough to discern the hat type and eye color wouldn't that person be able to rule out whether it's Nations or not? If yes, would that be enough circumstantial evidence to charge him? Sorry if stupid question.
Yes and yes. Why hasn't that been done? Don't know. These are not stupid questions but very relevant. Maybe LE want all the ducks in a row rather than just a couple, to make sure there is no mistake or reasonable doubt. MOO.

Some people were holding out hope that RL was the killer and DNA (once it came back) surely would confirm it. The same people also suspected LE had gone silent because they knew they had RL in custody and could take their time getting all their ducks in a row. Now, we hear the same reasoning with regard to DN. It all makes sense — until it doesn’t make sense anymore. Seriously, if we want insight into where the investigation stands at the moment, we need look no further than the prosecutor who just retired: http://wishtv.com/2017/11/11/carroll-county-prosecutor-to-retire-amidst-high-profile-investigations/

yes, I have wondered if their "witness" that was supposedly used for this sketch would be able to give an identification of DN in a line up. Do they have to bring him to Indiana in order to get a positive ID from a witness?

If he was seen...let's put him in the lineup... one potential problem I'm not sure of is this.. can you advise the witness before the line up that the suspect may have changed his appearance, lost or gained weight etc..

would this witness pick him out of random suspect photos?

the fact is , regardless of how heavy or different we think BG looks compared to DN in .the BG photos..

his own WIFE..his own WIFE cannot say it isn't him..she can only refute the hat and jacket... think about it.

think about seeing a picture of your husband in a strange coat and hat. THINK ABOUT IT...

it's still your husband...wearing a strange coat and hat...you know him anywhere...you know him dead on straight. MOO

yes, I have wondered if their "witness" that was supposedly used for this sketch would be able to give an identification of DN in a line up. Do they have to bring him to Indiana in order to get a positive ID from a witness?

If he was seen...let's put him in the lineup... one potential problem I'm not sure of is this.. can you advise the witness before the line up that the suspect may have changed his appearance, lost or gained weight etc..

the fact is , regardless of how heavy or different we think BG looks compared to DN in .the BG photos..

his own WIFE..his own WIFE cannot say it isn't him..she can only refute the hat and jacket... think about it.

think about seeing a picture of your husband in a strange coat and hat. THINK ABOUT IT...

it's still your husband...wearing a strange coat and hat...you know him anywhere...you know him dead on straight. MOO

LE has received over 1000 pictures of different men from tipsters who thought someone they knew resembled the photo/sketch. Think about that for a minute. That means probably 999 (if not all 1000) out of those 1000 will be proven wrong. That someone resembles the photo/sketch apparently means diddly-squat. ;)

Would this aid a defense team in throwing out the photo/video as evidence?

"his own WIFE..his own WIFE cannot say it isn't him..she can only refute the hat and jacket... think about it."

If this were a movie, I can see them doing a "six months later" update with LE sitting around a table, stacks of pictures of random people wearing newsboys' caps in front of them, heads in hands. One looks up and says, "Bob, you just HAD to use that style, didn't you?" And Bob replying, "Sorry guys! It's the only kind I know how to draw!"

Sorry, but I couldn't help but laugh at that one. I just finished binge watching a BBC series and I could see the Brits with that type of humor.

Would this aid a defense team in throwing out the photo/video as evidence?

"his own WIFE..his own WIFE cannot say it isn't him..she can only refute the hat and jacket... think about it."

What the wife thinks or not, the Prosecution needs far more evidence than a general resemblance to a sketch or grainy video in order to ensure they have charged the right person.

If she was truly trying to throw him under the bus, I'm sure she could've come up with something far more incriminating than this -

“I remember watching it with him and just sitting there and shaking my head and I said, 'Can you believe this crap?' He said, 'No that is disgusting,'” said Katelyn."
http://fox59.com/2017/10/11/wife-of...rs-says-daniel-nations-watched-news-coverage/

I am "thinking about it" and I don't trust KN anymore than I trust DN. From her activity on SM and engaging in videos and conversations with regular people who have inserted themselves into the investigation (referencing the video that was allowed here), I get the feeling that she is enjoying some of the attention. I think she's merely being coy; I don't use her vagueness as any kind of proof.

Sorry, but I couldn't help but laugh at that one. I just finished binge watching a BBC series and I could see the Brits with that type of humor.

I've been bingeing a TON of British detective shows lately (HINTERLAND-because I used to live in Aberstwyth, RIVER, BROADCHURCH, SHETLAND, etc.) Isn't it a great time to be watching Netflix and Company? So many good shows on!

I just wonder, sometimes, about what little relevance something actually has to a case. I have to take a step back sometimes and reevaluate what I'm feeling/thinking about in terms of evidence because I tend to get focused on the small things. Every once in awhile I'll pause and think, "I wonder if, at the end, this will have no relevance on the case whatsoever?"

I am "thinking about it" and I don't trust KN anymore than I trust DN. From her activity on SM and engaging in videos and conversations with regular people who have inserted themselves into the investigation (referencing the video that was allowed here), I get the feeling that she is enjoying some of the attention. I think she's merely being coy; I don't use her vagueness as any kind of proof.

I would like to know if she was something like a "bully" in her earlier (school) times .....

Some people were holding out hope that RL was the killer and DNA (once it came back) surely would confirm it. The same people also suspected LE had gone silent because they knew they had RL in custody and could take their time getting all their ducks in a row. Now, we hear the same reasoning with regard to DN. It all makes sense — until it doesn’t make sense anymore. Seriously, if we want insight into where the investigation stands at the moment, we need look no further than the prosecutor who just retired: http://wishtv.com/2017/11/11/carroll-county-prosecutor-to-retire-amidst-high-profile-investigations/
Yes, the prosecutor who is retiring with 6 young girls' murders unsolved. It's understandable people want someone in custody for Abby and Libby. DN is different to RL. I don't even remember LE calling RL a POI like they have here and the sketch likeness to DN is remarkable. RL was too old, too tall, had a white moustache and blue eyes. DN fits - even his wife thinks so. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaBN1