IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #78

Status
Not open for further replies.
The "not blue" statement was attributed to the witness, not LE. My point is that LE continues to ask for tips without any mention of eye colour,
Do you doubt the witness then? Or perhaps LE doubt it. I hadn't noticed that. If someone you suspected had blue eyes should one automatically think they must be ok? It's a bit strange that.

This is a thought provoking article regarding some of the pros and cons of police sketches. One thing out of the ordinary in this case is the sketch wasn't created immediately after the witnesses's sighting.

Not photographs: The misunderstood police composite sketch
https://www.apmreports.org/story/2016/09/20/police-composite-sketch

ETA: The topic of complexities of DNA evidence is discussed via a link on the right side of the page as well.

Do you doubt the witness then? Or perhaps LE doubt it. I hadn't noticed that. If someone you suspected had blue eyes should one automatically think they must be ok? It's a bit strange that.

It's not my place to doubt the witness. I was merely making an observation.

One of the challenges in this case is a witness recalling someone seen walking in a certain area is not necessarily the same as a person who is an eye witness to the actual crime.

I think the fact that LE made it clear that they would arrest people that had nothing to do with the investigation but had done other illegal things could have possibly hurt things/dissuaded someone(s) from coming forward. Poor choice on their end, in my opinion. Of course they can’t look the other way but they publicized it, and spoke on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look what happened to RL. He just happened to be the landowner where the bodies were left and had to provide an alibi which, if truthful, would land him back in jail. Eventually, it did. There may be witnesses who met BG but during some illegal activity which would land them back in jail too and they just aren't willing to go to jail to help solve this case.

The one thing that really baffles me is if BG is a transient, how in the world was he so confident to walk
on those train tracks?
IMO - he had to have known that walking that train track wouldn't hurt him.
Perhaps he had been hanging around for a few days pan handling and had become familiar. MOO.

This is a thought provoking article regarding some of the pros and cons of police sketches. One thing out of the ordinary in this case is the sketch wasn't created immediately after the witnesses's sighting.

This is interesting indeed. Even more reason to not be so quick to stand on the "DN looks just like the sketch" since the sketches never look just like the real person.

I was told by LE that the sketches work to rule people out more than rule them in.

Yes, you are correct. I had May 12th in my notes but couldn't find the link to where I found it. I was going off memory and thought the landlord said he left at the end of April. So that leaves May 12th - May 16th for travel to Colorado.

Makes you wonder about the KN FB post about having everything stolen on the way to Colorado. Sold at pawn shops for gas money is more likely.

Thank you that helps fit things into the timeline.
KN had the baby April 30th so that could have delayed their departure.

I had the same thought, that he was exposing himself and touching and maybe talked to them. It wouldn't have simply been an indecency charge, but back to prison. Then perhaps the girls laughed or were bold and told him to get lost, remembering what KN said about how easily he took offense that someone looked down on him, a lot of things could have set him off.
I agree that his rage may have got the better of him, like it did in Co. He tried to choke his wife at one point.

I've considered this before, but what throws me off is the "down the hill" didn't sound upset.
Perhaps the exposure came after that and then the girls ran and he lost it and shot them.

I have searched for some connection to the Delphi area but have not come up with a thing. I cannot find a connection to IN at all and do not know why they left FL. But if it is true that he was working for a contractor out of Zionsville then he may have had work in Delphi. I have sort of leaned toward seeing a tool belt pouch where others saw a fanny pack anyway. And who knows the contacts he makes in jail.
When did they leave FL? And I wonder why they chose IN?

I think they purposely put an uncommon and inaccurate hat on the sketch so they wouldn't get a thousand tips about some guy who wears a ball cap or a camo hat--that way they could instead get tips where the tipster reports seeing or knowing someone with a similar face to the sketch. This type of tip would be more valid as I'm assuming that most outdoorsy men in the Delphi area own a cap, but few own a newsboy style hat.

I have thought this as well, but am also wondering if, perhaps, like the "not blue eyes", the witness(es) also said something like "not a ball cap".

ETA: The topic of complexities of DNA evidence is discussed via a link on the right side of the page as well.

Interesting article.

Did you see that poll at the bottom of the page? There was an actual of a pic of the actor and 2 sketches of him. The poll asked "If you saw these two sketches in the media and then saw the man photographed in the middle, would you call the police?"

97% said "No". I am among that group.

The only facts we have to go on at this point is what LE says.

Unfortunately that has never stopped some from believing what they choose to believe.

Which is why juries send innocent people to prison and allow guilty to go free.

The justice system isn't perfect by any means as you know.

I can only hope the actual jury for this case knows to distinguish between rumor and fact.

http://www.thestarpress.com/story/n...igate-colorado-link-delphi-murders/711491001/

http://www.newsbug.info/monticello_...cle_26bda7f6-a472-11e7-8b59-eb09a35630d2.html

while I totally agree with you on relying on FACTS given by LE, we should also consider facts that don't fit with our own personal opinion. These two articles contain quotes by LE stating similarities in the crimes, and the fact that the Sheriff stated that the FBI would investigate in Colorado, and if warranted, then ISP would go out to follow up. Being that did happen, we should assume that the FBI felt that this could indeed be connected. We do not have any facts that tell us he has been ruled out. Quite the contrary, as warrants were issued for DN in Indiana in late September, and in mid October, after LE returned from Colorado.
Indiana has recently issued warrants for him in cases that are over a year old.

IF DN - what if the whole reason behind the sketch release is they want him to think that there are multiple witnesses...? That the mug shots are soooo different from each other it has confused 'the' witness. Lots of people have speculated that it looks like the sketch was straight from his one mug shot. It is one way to actually get a pic out in public without using an image in order to crank up that heat because LE is having to pursue this RSO in order to rule him out. The sketch was released in July, remember, which is after multiple attempts to find him at a registered Greenwood address with a detective . IMHO
So the sketch was from his mugshot because they were suspicious of him ? Is that what you mean? I have wondered that but I believe IN has around 25% of their RSO 's not where they are supposed to be.

Yes, you are correct. I had May 12th in my notes but couldn't find the link to where I found it. I was going off memory and thought the landlord said he left at the end of April. So that leaves May 12th - May 16th for travel to Colorado.

Makes you wonder about the KN FB post about having everything stolen on the way to Colorado. Sold at pawn shops for gas money is more likely.

Thank you that helps fit things into the timeline.

The blue windbreaker, the blue jeans, the dark tennis (?) shoes with a light stripe, the camouflage (?) cap - all stolen on the way to CO before KN ever had the chance to have a look on these things?? Quite useful, such a theft. ;)

When the sketch was released in July 2017, LE verified that there were witnesses, or, at minimum, a witness. I believe link is in media thread. If the BG was observed before the crimes, he would’ve been fully aware that he could be placed in the area by a witness. This seems like a bad idea for the BG, yet he still committed violent crimes... in the middle of the day... on a Monday. Seems like he was confident no one that saw him would know him. Being a stranger to Delphi trail users juxtaposed with being on a lesser-known trail that most people aren’t aware of has been my hang up. Speculation only here.

MOO
If he was confident no one would know him on that trail he cannot have lived locally IMO. Yet he knew of the trail and Creek. Why?

The blue windbreaker, the blue jeans, the dark tennis (?) shoes with a light stripe, the camouflage (?) cap - all stolen on the way to CO before KN ever had the chance to have a look on these things?? Quite useful, such a theft. ;)

good catch Germany...good catch. MOO

If he was confident no one would know him on that trail he cannot have lived locally IMO. Yet he knew of the trail and Creek. Why?

probably anyone who fishes In Indiana in the area and talks to other people who fish would know about the area, plus employment opportunities at the plant...drug scoring at the BOB and etc...MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500