IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link to press conference. Part about audio starts about 17:40.

[video=youtube;mZcHfgbOcKo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZcHfgbOcKo[/video]

Hi all,

Assorted stuff:

1. One difference in the description gleaned from the press conference today (as well as the FBI description) is that the man was wearing a hoodie, not a cap, hat, bandanna, etc. There is no further mention of any head covering. I always saw that in one picture it was up, and in the second it was down - which is how we can see his hair.

From the FBI:

"The photo appears to depict a White male wearing blue jeans, a blue coat/jacket, and a hoodie."

2. They have had ministers and counselors available in the middle school. Kids are still outright crying, and many are scared. Therapy dogs were brought in and were a huge hit. I was so happy to hear that; animals soothe, assuage grief, and help along the healing process, for sure.

3. In terms of protecting oneself, if someone is going to attack a woman in a parking lot, it's a good bet she will have her keys in her hand. Many attackers know this, and try to quickly wrench the keys out of your hand. They also know many hold their phone. I don't know the logistics of this, but since the jogger murder cases this last summer, many women have been keeping a safety pin/safety pins on different parts of their clothing, The goal is to use one to get the eye. I grew up in the 80s in New England and kilts were part of the "preppy movement". Kilt pins are a good size. I imagine thatyou can get them in many places, such as Ebay. No one expects a pin shoved into their eye. Anything helps.

4. I read somewhere how much support LE is getting from the community. These men and women are working around the clock. They have constant food donations from people and restaurants, so much so that I think it was a Lowe's that donated a/an new refrigs to the police station and FBI office.

5. It is indescribable to me that people are arguing (in various forums) about Libby being called a hero. Blows my mind that people are taking the time to state that she is not a hero. Not only is it petty and mean-spirited, IMO, it's also misguided.

The definition of hero is, in part, a "person noted for courageous acts or nobility of character." We don't know the facts, so we cannot say that Libby started filming as Abby was grabbed or kept filming during the attack. No matter what, the girls stayed together. In a moment that was probably swift, shocking and terrifying, and unlike anything she'd considered in her wildest dreams, a 13 year-old had the wherewithal to try and capture his image. She took the chance of infuriating him further, which increased the likelihood of her demise. She made a rational choice in the midst of madness. She neither had a template for her act, nor a trial run. This was the real deal. This was a silent act of courage. Clearly, there is a reason the cops are calling Liberty a hero; it's not a word that they take lightly.

6. For those who haven't yet seen the FBI Most Wanted poster, here is the link to Libby's. You can print out the FBI posters and post around your locale. This is a great idea because an FBI Most Wanted poster might draw more interest.

https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/seeking-info/liberty-german

And Abby's: https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/seeking-i...igail-williams

The FBI pages also have the audio clip, as well as directions for tips.

Tip instructions - phone and email

Aside from the number, 844-459-5786, you can also email your tip to:

https://tips.fbi.gov/

or

abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

I am sorry if anything has been repeated here, I took some time away to look at articles and write this post.

I brought this post over because it was at the very end of the last thread. I thought the safety pin was important for people to read. Mods if this isn't OK, I am sorry! I wouldn't ordinarily do this.
Number 5 put me in tears. Again.

Thanks for taking the time to post this.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Forgive me if this has been mentioned already but, is it possible that the video was taken as if she were taking a selfie? What I mean is, could she be recording what is behind her so he can't see her pointing a camera at him? Depending on the phone, the position of the camera can be flipped from what is in front of you and what is behind. Just a thought. If so, it's brilliant.

Here are some pics from Google Earth of the area girls were found. I find it very interesting none of the terrain looks like this. You have to go back in time to see this. From 1992-2005. Also, I found a structure due east south of next bend in Deer creek. Maybe just a kids fort, but also interesting. See pics if they'll upload. This site doesn't run very well. Look above G for Google for structure. I think someone knew this area was like this. My opinion.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• 3-1992.jpg
    3-1992.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 1,196
  • 3-2005.jpg
    3-2005.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 1,256
  • 09-2014.jpg
    09-2014.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 1,257
  • Structure due East, south of next bend, above G for Google.jpg
    Structure due East, south of next bend, above G for Google.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 1,235
I stupidly dumped my cellphone in with the rest of the wash, only to realize 10-15 minutes into the wash cycle, what I had done. It would not turn on. Watched a YouTube vid on how to dry your phone out. It worked. This was an older model phone when I had it, and this was a few years ago. I'm thinking if they found it in the water, it could be restored to working order.

I did watch the presser.

I distinctly heard the police say that Libby captured the IMAGE of the suspect on her phone.

LATER in the presser the police said they had some audio to play. They never clarified where that audio came from.

Posting again:

“She had the presence of mind to have the phone on and to capture video as well as audio,” Bursten said.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/02/22/police-release-audio-in-indiana-girls-death-investigation/

I hear "Git down the hill." I hear an order. I hear authority. I hear cold-calulated evil. I hear studied intention. I hear control. I hear my Grandfather say "Git in the house. Now."

Hard to explain, but to me it's that "cool" voice of an ex con. This guy has done time.

I don't think her phone was in the water.Maybe on the ground down the hill?Maybe she taped him and it was knocked out of her hand or she threw it with or without him knowing.

Here are some pics from Google Earth of the area girls were found. I find it very interesting none of the terrain looks like this. You have to go back in time to see this. From 1992-2005. Also, I found a structure due east south of next bend in Deer creek. Maybe just a kids fort, but also interesting. See pics if they'll upload. This site doesn't run very well. Look above G for Google for structure. I think someone knew this area was like this. My opinion.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

I think the differences in terrain only appear so because the most recent photo has foliage.

Interesting... I can tell you I have submerged mine at least twice with absolutely no ill effects. My guess is they can't call it waterproof without tests done at specific depths for specific periods of time, that being said it is not beyond the realm of possibility that her phone was able to work if pulled out of a shallow creek. Also there are certain cellphone cases that are waterproof in design... a long shot but still a possibility.

LifeProof brand phone cases are waterproof.

Libby & Abby are all over my Facebook newsfeed here in OZ. So much coverage over here now too. Great to see.

Forgive me if this has been mentioned already but, is it possible that the video was taken as if she were taking a selfie? What I mean is, could she be recording what is behind her so he can't see her pointing a camera at him? Depending on the phone, the position of the camera can be flipped from what is in front of you and what is behind. Just a thought. If so, it's brilliant.

I'd say it's definitely a possibility! It would also explain the horrid quality. If I'm not mistaken, the front facing camera on iPhones have even less video quality than the one on the back of the phone. It also would be a good way to disguise taking the video, like she was talking a selfie.

Also I love your username. Now I'm hungry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I stupidly dumped my cellphone in with the rest of the wash, only to realize 10-15 minutes into the wash cycle, what I had done. It would not turn on. Watched a YouTube vid on how to dry your phone out. It worked. This was an older model phone when I had it, and this was a few years ago. I'm thinking if they found it in the water, it could be restored to working order.

Even if they couldn't restore it to working order, there are ways to recover the data stored on even a badly damaged phone. That could be why it took a while, now that I think about it.

I don't know if it necessary at this point but in most cases its possible to obtain GPS data from online photos that would show the exact location of where the photo was taken.

Usually, all that is required is the original .jpg image.
The process is called retrieving exif data and what is required is an exif viewer which is free and located online.
Here is one.
http://www.verexif.com/en/

From wthr.com

They released an audio recording of a man who can be heard saying three words: "down the hill". Investigators could not confirm if the suspect heard on that recording is the same person in the suspect photo they've been circulating.

State Police called Liberty "Libby" German "a hero" for thinking to record the suspect while the crime was happening.
"This lady is a hero. There is no doubt. To have the presence of mind to activate the video on her cell phone," ISP Sgt. Tony Slocum said.

OK. So by the time the crime was occurring, the phone was in her pocket? She got video of the man on the bridge, but later it was only audio. That makes sense.

If they do have copious DNA, it makes no sense whatsoever (to me) to be so coy with their audio and video evidence being released to the public. They're not trying to do this double blind thing, where they hold evidence back from the public. DNA is DNA. They need to find this guy, take his DNA, it matches or it doesn't case closed. I do understand not wanting to release audio or video that would be horrible to hear and watch, but surely they have lots that isn't distressing to hear that would be helpful in identifying this guy.

It's not like releasing all the they know will damage the case because the "real killer" wouldn't know these specific things like in other cases. DNA would match or not.

Marking my spot... hoping a perp is arrested before thread # 9.

Hi all,

Assorted stuff:

1. One difference in the description gleaned from the press conference today (as well as the FBI description) is that the man was wearing a hoodie, not a cap, hat, bandanna, etc. There is no further mention of any head covering. I always saw that in one picture it was up, and in the second it was down - which is how we can see his hair.

From the FBI:

"The photo appears to depict a White male wearing blue jeans, a blue coat/jacket, and a hoodie."

2. They have had ministers and counselors available in the middle school. Kids are still outright crying, and many are scared. Therapy dogs were brought in and were a huge hit. I was so happy to hear that; animals soothe, assuage grief, and help along the healing process, for sure.

3. In terms of protecting oneself, if someone is going to attack a woman in a parking lot, it's a good bet she will have her keys in her hand. Many attackers know this, and try to quickly wrench the keys out of your hand. They also know many hold their phone. I don't know the logistics of this, but since the jogger murder cases this last summer, many women have been keeping a safety pin/safety pins on different parts of their clothing, The goal is to use one to get the eye. I grew up in the 80s in New England and kilts were part of the "preppy movement". Kilt pins are a good size. I imagine thatyou can get them in many places, such as Ebay. No one expects a pin shoved into their eye. Anything helps.

4. I read somewhere how much support LE is getting from the community. These men and women are working around the clock. They have constant food donations from people and restaurants, so much so that I think it was a Lowe's that donated a/an new refrigs to the police station and FBI office.

5. It is indescribable to me that people are arguing (in various forums) about Libby being called a hero. Blows my mind that people are taking the time to state that she is not a hero. Not only is it petty and mean-spirited, IMO, it's also misguided.

The definition of hero is, in part, a "person noted for courageous acts or nobility of character." We don't know the facts, so we cannot say that Libby started filming as Abby was grabbed or kept filming during the attack. No matter what, the girls stayed together. In a moment that was probably swift, shocking and terrifying, and unlike anything she'd considered in her wildest dreams, a 13 year-old had the wherewithal to try and capture his image. She took the chance of infuriating him further, which increased the likelihood of her demise. She made a rational choice in the midst of madness. She neither had a template for her act, nor a trial run. This was the real deal. This was a silent act of courage. Clearly, there is a reason the cops are calling Liberty a hero; it's not a word that they take lightly.

6. For those who haven't yet seen the FBI Most Wanted poster, here is the link to Libby's. You can print out the FBI posters and post around your locale. This is a great idea because an FBI Most Wanted poster might draw more interest.

https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/seeking-info/liberty-german

And Abby's: https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/seeking-i...igail-williams

The FBI pages also have the audio clip, as well as directions for tips.

Tip instructions - phone and email

Aside from the number, 844-459-5786, you can also email your tip to:

https://tips.fbi.gov/

or

abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

I am sorry if anything has been repeated here, I took some time away to look at articles and write this post.

I brought this post over because it was at the very end of the last thread. I thought the safety pin was important for people to read.
Mods if this isn't OK, I am sorry! I wouldn't ordinarily do this.

The FBI links don't work for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members