IN IN - Alexandra Anaya, 13, Hammond, 13 Aug 2005

Discussion in 'Cold Cases' started by ShowerSinger, Sep 9, 2005.

1. ShowerSinger

ShowerSinger New Member

Alexandra Anaya, 13 years old missing since August 13, 2005. DNA confirms.
    The family is hoping more remains will be found before making the final arrangements.
    A person of interest is being questioned.
    www.wqad.com/Global/story.asp?S=3826867

2. Loading...

3. Casshew

Casshew Former Member

Police said yesterday that they were questioning someone in connection with the death of the girl, whose headless torso was found wrapped in a chain and weighted down in the river

Poor girl! I don't even see another thread or Amber alert for her from when she disappeared.

4. Bobbisangel

Bobbisangel New Member

How horrible...I guess the killer didn't think she could be identified but he forgot about DNA. I hope they have the creep that did such a horrific thing to this young girl. Her poor family. I'm glad she was found though so that they don't have to wonder for years to come. I wish this horror would just stop.

5. lisag

lisag Former Member

6. SewingDeb

SewingDeb "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."

It's too bad he wasn't arrested for any of the two dozen times police were called before this happened. I'm glad he has been put behind bars now.

7. AuntGigi

AuntGigi New Member

Oh my gosh!! This story just makes my stomach ill and my heart sick. How horrible! I don't even have words -- but my thoughts and prayers go out to the family of this beautiful child.

8. Becba

Becba Former Member

The mom's ex boyfriend kills mom's 13 yro daughter.

Scum

9. SpongeBathHotPants

SpongeBathHotPants Verified insider - Kenneth Coakley case

Wow, I just read the story and I am floored and it takes a lot to floor me. Sick sick man, I hope he is stalked like that in prison by big men named Bubba. :mad:

10. Bobbisangel

Bobbisangel New Member

To me it sounds like the guy decided not to kill the mother but to murder her daughter instead...revenge for leaving him. I can't think of anything that hurts a mother more then to lose her child in such a horrible way.

This poor little girl didn't have much of a life did she? Molested by that pervert for 6 of her 13 years...all of that fighting going on in the home. It comforts me just knowing that she will never be molested or hurt again because I believe that she is in heaven running barefoot through fields thick with beautiful wild flowers with the breeze in her hair and the sun in her face.

11. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

From 2009:

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/...cle_8fb5eefc-b6fd-59c9-a24d-769941cdaaff.html

12. cvaldez1975

cvaldez1975 Well-Known Member

ugh so he got away with it?

13. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

Sure sounds like it. Found a more recent update from 2012:

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/story/19895597/female-remains-found-in-calumet-heights

14. JoeFromLB

JoeFromLB Active Member

The FBI announced today that it's taking a fresh look at the case.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...old-case-presser-met-0901-20160831-story.html

Authorities offered little information at a news conference Wednesday but did show a photo of a gold religious necklace Alex was wearing when she was last seen.

"We're asking for the public's assistance in bringing the individual responsible for this crime to justice, giving Alex and her family peace of mind and closure," lead FBI Special Agent Courtney Corbett told reporters at the agency's Near West Side headquarters.

15. Remi_Aventura

Remi_Aventura New Member

Saw that--did you see any description of the religious necklace? So, would you conclude that they still don't have anything solid enough on the mother's former boyfriend? He was apparently tried for stalking them, then acquitted. Or, they are still considering him but need more evidence for murder.

16. KayElJay

KayElJay Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Chicago Cold Case: Seeking justice for a murdered teenage girl