IN - Aliahna Maroney Lemmon, 9, Fort Wayne, 23 Dec 2011 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow - now we know why the searches ceased on Christmas Day . . .

I don't understand why they didn't search that house immediately. They should have found her in the freezer the very day she was reported missing. Didn't LE learn anything from the Jonbenet Case?

Angleena, do you have be registered to actually see details with these searches? I can get small amounts of info, but I can't really tell what any cases actually consist of as far as details. I decided to enter all names that I can think of involved with this case, and all I can say is wow. And that's all I will say as I know there are certain people we are not supposed to be sleuthing.

You do need to have a membership to get some of the information, I do not have a paid membership to access that. However, you can look under "Filings" and sometimes get a good idea what was going on. You can also look under Criminal Charges/Disposition for criminal cases and see the actual charges without having a membership (though not helpful unless it's a criminal case).

I will also add that Iowa has the sex offender's registry which is available to the public and they also have the child abuse registry which is only available as part of a paid background search. A lot of times in Iowa, if there is not enough evidence to convict a sex offender in a court of law, they will still go on the child abuse registry as a case that was founded by the child protection agency. Generally, the case is considered founded by the child protection agency before it is submitted to the courts. The county attorney will than decide if there is enough evidence to go to trial.

I spent a fair amount of time myself working in the system. Obviously there are differing opinions on this one, this is mine :)

The guy who will stick a gun out a car window and shoot up a bus stop full of random people, young and old, does not really care about who he hits or what society thinks about it. He doesn't care if he hit a kid or your grandmother. The rapist who savaged an old lady yesterday doesn't have some moral standards that prohibit his raping a little boy tomorrow. The guy who forced the pleading c-store clerk to kneel before sticking the gun in his mouth and pulling the trigger doesn't cringe at the thought of doing the same thing to anyone -- including a child. The guy running the sex trafficking for the local gang, drugging and raping and pimping out teen and pre-teen girls, doesn't get outraged about sex and kiddies and rape and violence.

And every one of these people are just fine in general population. If they are tough. If they have friends. If they have a gang. As I said, and this is true, many of them would pimp out their own children if it allowed them to score some drugs in prison. They would, and do, do it in a second. That's reality.

The reason many child predators are in preyed upon is as I said in my original post (linked below). Now, that might not be the reason that the serial rapist GAVE when asked why he tried to rape the fat middle-aged pedophile, he said it was because he was outraged at this other guy's crime, but it's a mistake to put any more stock in what he says than in what our killer here said in his initial interviews. He preyed on him, not because he was a pedophile, but because he COULD.

Again, just my two cents.

ORIGINAL POST: Respectfully, I just want to comment on one thing that (in my opinion and experience) is a very commonly held misconception about child predators and prison.

There is a common held belief among the general public that sexual predators, and particularly those who target children, are loathed by everyone including inmates -- as if to say that even inmates find this behavior so horrific that they are compelled to action. Many even take satisfaction in this idea, that there will be some rough prison justice in the predator's future.

There is some small amount of truth and wishful thinking here covering a whole bunch of sillyness.

Almost everyone in a prison general population is a predator. They prey on anyone who they see as a potential victim, and most of them are not terribly discriminatory. At best they are sociopaths who really do not care about any of society's generally held ethics and morals. The gang kid might be in prison this time for stealing a car or selling some dope, but that's not the whole story. He has been involved in everything from random drive-by shootings, to drug and sex trafficking, robbery, extortion, violent assault and likely sexual assault, you name it. This fairly typical inmate doesn't give a flying F*U&K about some strangers kid. Most don't really give a damn about their own. The typical inmate would pimp his own kid out in a second if it enabled him to get something.

The real reason that child predators have such a hard time in prison general population is not that they victimized kids, but rather because the typical child predator is SOFT. An easy target. They tend to be older, they are usually not in the exception physical condition of the typical inmate, they are not used to fighting and violence, they are usually relatively new to the system, they have no friends already inside, and no gang affiliations. They are, in a word, victims for the other inmates to prey upon. And the inmates know that this is one category of victim that it is relatively safe to prey upon.

Which is why most child predators go straight into protective custody unit. They recieve the same priveleges and rights as any other inmate, they are surrounded by other similar inmates, many of whom are there for similar offenses. This is not to say that they are safe -- no one in prison is safe -- but they are as safe as one can be outside of death row or some kind of segregation.

But again, the idea that inmates have some ethical boundaries and that even these guys are horrified by crimes against children is, in a word, ridiculous.

Just my two-cents.

Thanks for the insight! I WAS under the impression that pedophiles in prison general population were treated more harshly due to the crimes they committed and the sense of outrage this brought out in the other prisoners. But it makes sense that most hardened criminals don't really have a moral compass, even regarding their own children. Pedophiles, for the reasons you posted above (poor physical condition, no inside friends, etc.) would be easy targets to the other prisoners.

Angleena, do you have be registered to actually see details with these searches? I can get small amounts of info, but I can't really tell what any cases actually consist of as far as details.

Edited so I don't get in trouble with mods. Oops

click on filings. I think that's where I found the info.

hth

You might have to go to the main page and enter the search criteria.

https://www.iowacourts.state.ia.us

Title: SMITH, C L ETAL VS PLUMADORE, M L
Case: 08041 DAEQ003656 (APPANOOSE)

is there a date for MPs Iowa case? Because . . .

Note from [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7464311&postcount=394"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased IN - Aliahna Maroney Lemmon, 9, Fort Wayne, 23 Dec 2011[/ame]

Tarah Souders requested permission to bring a dangerous dog into the city for her handicap daughter per Centerville (Iowa) city council meeting April 5, 2010.

http://www.centerville-ia.org/text%2...2004-05-10.pdf

So, wonder when they (Tarah & kids & whomever else) moved to Fort Wayne?

The brick seems like a makeshift weapon so it sounds to me like it could be a sudden snapping, a loss of temper. And the story seems weak, thoughtless, unplanned. How could he expect that the two girls would back up his story in a believable manner if Aliahna had been dead for a day already when she was supposed to have sleepwalked?

But on the other hand the dismemberment and the storing of body parts in the freezer says something else. Dismemberment is such a cold, unfeeling, gruesome way to deal with the body and the head in the freezer feels like a trophy.

If someone snaps I would not expect them to store heads in their freezer.

This is my opinion only but those are the identifying parts and were probably removed first. I suspect he was not going to put them in the dumpster but was going to bury them when he had a chance. Maybe he knew he was being watched and had not been able to get rid of them. I really think he had disposed of the other parts when he went to get his cigar.

I don't understand why they didn't search that house immediately. They should have found her in the freezer the very day she was reported missing. Didn't LE learn anything from the Jonbenet Case?

we've speculated this . . . may have had to do with Lemmon's probate status.

MP did not own the trailer, therefore, could not provide consent to search.

Title: SMITH, C L ETAL VS PLUMADORE, M L
Case: 08041 DAEQ003656 (APPANOOSE)

is there a date for MPs Iowa case? Because . . .

Note from Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased IN - Aliahna Maroney Lemmon, 9, Fort Wayne, 23 Dec 2011

Tarah Souders requested permission to bring a dangerous dog into the city for her handicap daughter per Centerville (Iowa) city council meeting April 5, 2010.

http://www.centerville-ia.org/text%2...2004-05-10.pdf

So, wonder when they (Tarah & kids & whomever else) moved to Fort Wayne?

The court case was created 11/10/10

LE has to serve the owner of the mobile home. He was dead. Best to move correctly and not get evidence thrown out of court.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4579548...ysitter-bludgeoned-girl-then-dismembered-her/

Richard Patee, 58, whose trailer is next to where Plumadore was living, said he didn't think it was odd that Aliahna's mother had him watching the girls for an extended period.

"They had known each other for somewhere of three to four years, I know that, and he took care of their grandfather," Patee said. "I didn't see any reason to question it at all. I talked with Mike on and off for the past two-and-a-half years and he never had a cross word."

..a few months, 2 years, now 3-4 years....which is it?

Dang the child molesters are crawling out of the woodwork to talk to the media. http://www.homefacts.com/offender-detail/IN635965/Richard-Lee-Patee-Sr.html

RICHARD LEE PATEE SR

Last Known Address: 9435 N CLINTON ST LOT 19 FORT WAYNE, IN 46825

Race: Caucasian
Sex: Male Eyes: Green
Height: 5'11 Hair: Brown
Weight 245 lbs. Age/DOB: 58

HLN at 8 p.m. EST/7 p.m. CST

http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/
Nancy Grace - CNN

Missing girl, 9, found dead

9-yr-old girl staying w/ a family 'friend' found dead. Her body dismembered, stuffed in trash bags & hidden inside a freezer.

What is up with kids disappearing around Christmas? Jon Benet, Jorelys, Jonathan Foster(?)... So sad...:banghead:

we've speculated this . . . may have had to do with Lemmon's probate status.

MP did not own the trailer, therefore, could not provide consent to search.

But he resided there. If your above scenario were accurate a renter could never provide consent and LE would always have to contact the landlord/property owner. An occupant has whatever the rights are called and I believe it is the occupant who can provide consent, not the owner.

Dang the child molesters are crawling out of the woodwork to talk to the media. http://www.homefacts.com/offender-detail/IN635965/Richard-Lee-Patee-Sr.html

RICHARD LEE PATEE SR

Last Known Address: 9435 N CLINTON ST LOT 19 FORT WAYNE, IN 46825

Race: Caucasian
Sex: Male Eyes: Green
Height: 5'11 Hair: Brown
Weight 245 lbs. Age/DOB: 58

--as "donjeta" pointed out earlier----the people giving him "character references" are ON the RSO list.

-mike plumadore's "character references"...

http://www.journalgazette.net/article/2 ... /111229617

Northway resident Jerri Smead said in his occasional interactions with Plumadore, the man was always happy dealing with the Lemmon family, frequently walking Aliahna to a nearby bus stop and running errands for her ailing grandfather, James, until he died earlier this month.

Northway resident Mike Tulley agreed Plumadore and the girl's grandfather had built up a sturdy rapport. Tulley said he witnessed that healthy relationship when James Lemmon and Plumadore would sometimes do laundry in Tulley's trailer together.

Although James Lemmon was always more talkative, nothing about Plumadore ever struck Tulley as unusual or threatening, Tulley added.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45795486/ns ... bered-her/

Richard Patee, 58, whose trailer is next to where Plumadore was living, said he didn't think it was odd that Aliahna's mother had him watching the girls for an extended period.

"They had known each other for somewhere of three to four years, I know that, and he took care of their grandfather," Patee said. "I didn't see any reason to question it at all. I talked with Mike on and off for the past two-and-a-half years and he never had a cross word."

http://www.familywatchdog.us/ShowList.asp
--family watchdog---fort wayne indiana---

Mike Tulley ----sexual battery, 3X child molestation

Jerry Snead ---corruption of a minor

Richard Patee --child molestation

..2 of these guys lived right next door to RSO grandpa and caregiver mike plumadore.

But he resided there. If your above scenario were accurate a renter could never provide consent and LE would always have to contact the landlord/property owner. An occupant has whatever the rights are called and I believe it is the occupant who can provide consent, not the owner.

no, it's the owner, not the person who lives there without an occupancy agreement (or at least not typically); now, if MP had a rental agreement or lease with Lemmon/Lemmon's heirs, this would be different. But I have seen nothing to suggest this & don't know if this family would think of doing something like this . . . hinky all around IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nursestump