IN - Allegations of child abuse at Hephzibah House, Winona Lake, 2018

I'm back, most of my kids are tucked in bed now. I am just speechless with this and frankly feeling rather inadequate. Thank you all and please be patient as I figure out this site a little more.

I'm back, most of my kids are tucked in bed now. I am just speechless with this and frankly feeling rather inadequate. Thank you all and please be patient as I figure out this site a little more.

disgruntled. Thank YOU for sharing your experience and for being here. Questions? Ask away. You will find us a friendly and helpful bunch. Best wishes to you.

I remember when we met with Dave Wolkins. He told us straight up that Ron Williams was his friend and he knew we were telling the truth, but we would not get anywhere in Indiana. A reporter asked him if it was OK to make a girl drink her own vomit and he pretty much said yes, if she vomited out of rebellion.

After being shocked by Disgruntled's posts on the Turpin thread, I just read the most recent post on http://hephzibah-girls.blogspot.com/ and was utterly horrified, that one alone should merit all adults involved never being allowed near ANY children again. It's late here so I've read no further yet (and not sure if I even want to) but wow, I don't tend to get affected by such stories as much as many people, but beating a BABY?! And going by the comments to that post there was another witness verifying it really happened, otherwise it sounds so bad I'd wonder if it was exaggerated for effect.

Lost for words really, I can't believe people like that can still be allowed control of children. Admittedly I'm in the UK and not at all religious so have no experience of the more extreme religious communities (or cults?) beyond what I read when they tip over the edge into massive criminal cases big enough to be reported on the other side of the Atlantic. I guess some do consider it acceptable to brainwash, but beating and torturing children into submission seems extreme even for them.

After reading the letter linked in this blog, I think I know why disgruntled chose her screen name.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Disgruntled is the name of someone I love's brewing company. It does fit in other ways though I suppose.

If you can send me the address of where they are being held I’d have no problem calling state police, or beyond if necessary.
508 school street Winona Lake IN is the office
Pierceton road Warsaw IN is the place where the girls are actually held right behind the church where no one is allowed to visit Believer's Chapel. The exact address has been scrubbed from the internet.

The two properties are 5 miles apart and in two different precincts.

508 school street Winona Lake IN is the office
Pierceton road Warsaw IN is the place where the girls are actually held right behind the church where no one is allowed to visit Believer's Chapel. The exact address has been scrubbed from the internet.

The two properties are 5 miles apart.

Thanks so much. I would like to call tomorrow. If you can message me any more info so when I call I seem like I know what I’m talking about, id greatly appreciate. And if not no worries... I am across the country and have no prob blindly making the call to at least get it on the radar. I just don’t want to tip the hell hole off.

We're all so glad you came here to share what you know and experienced. I hope it helps to know there are others here who care and want to stop this abuse. We'll figure out a way.

Welcome, dear. You have friends here.

I can't read that link. Maybe this is it?

image.jpg

So happy to see that this topic is getting some attention. I stumbled on Websleuths via the Turpins and read Disgruntled's story and knew she must be talking about Hephzibah House - I have read her website for years and followed this incredibly frustrating case, as well as others. There are many, many schools for boys that function in the same way, with the sick protection of religious liberty. When they seem to actually have consequences for their practices, they close up shop and just open up again in another location with the same cast of characters (literally). One of the most disturbing cases is the Dozier House for Boys in Florida which I am sure many of you are familiar with.

Disgruntled has done an amazing job of gathering stories that are always hard to read, providing a visceral reaction that makes any sane person want to intervene -- it seems as though they have exhausted so many options. I am struck by the lengths they have gone to to abuse these children - even providing hormonal supplements to stop menstruation per some girls' accounts. I wonder how they have obtained these medications and if the physician working with HH has been reported to the medical board?

So happy to see that this topic is getting some attention. I stumbled on Websleuths via the Turpins and read Disgruntled's story and knew she must be talking about Hephzibah House - I have read her website for years and followed this incredibly frustrating case, as well as others. There are many, many schools for boys that function in the same way, with the sick protection of religious liberty. When they seem to actually have consequences for their practices, they close up shop and just open up again in another location with the same cast of characters (literally). One of the most disturbing cases is the Dozier House for Boys in Florida which I am sure many of you are familiar with.

Disgruntled has done an amazing job of gathering stories that are always hard to read, providing a visceral reaction that makes any sane person want to intervene -- it seems as though they have exhausted so many options. I am struck by the lengths they have gone to to abuse these children - even providing hormonal supplements to stop menstruation per some girls' accounts. I wonder how they have obtained these medications and if the physician working with HH has been reported to the medical board?
Welcome to WS.

I am just overwhelmed by this response. Ive been very discouraged these last three years. Maybe, just maybe, brave heart Turpin may save more than just her 12 siblings with her courageous escape.
I don't know what can be done but thank you for telling us about this. You are one brave woman and I hope and pray something can be done for these girls and victims. ((hugs))

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Sadly it does not work that way. we have to have an escapee or a family member of a current victim make a complaint and that just cannot seem t happen. There is no record or file of who is at the school at any given time so we cannot make complaints on behalf of ghosts. The few girls or family who have files charges were shut down by Williams either claiming all the students were sent home and he is no longer operating or by simply sending home the girl in question. These girls who leave there won't speak out. It took me almost two years to get the courage to call the police station and report what I had been through when I got out. They told me the statute of limitations was up and there was nothing they could do. I asked if I could leave a formal statement and my contact information which they took by phone. Nothing ever came of that. I gathered information for the next several years, even sending a few dollars in donation money so I could get their secret supporter only newsletter. In 2008 Williams called me and told me he was so proud of me and needed my help. I started shaking so badly I had to slide down the wall and sit. He rambled on about how evil former students had found the internet and were trying to sue him and close him down. He asked me to write a letter for his lawyer stating I had never been abused at Hephzibah house and had never witnessed any abuse while I was there. I am ashamed to say I could not say no, even as a grown woman. Paralyzed by fear of this man I managed to stutter that I would have to talk it over with my husband. He shouted "Hallelujah! A submissive woman!" I asked for his lawyer's address and he told me to just send it directly to him and he would edit for me. I immediately went online and found these evil women and joined their group of three women in an open forum searching for other former students. I have since been trying everything I can think of to close him down. I wrote a statement for him all right detailing the horrific abuse I witnessed and experienced. Im the big old lady in the Anderson Cooper clip. I've interviewed with Mother Jones and Fox and staged peaceful protests and worked with the FBI and Indiana police to start a task force. CPS, the police, everyone knows how bad HH is and how at risk these girls are, they just cannot get in.

Holy ship. What you've endured is incomprehensible. I wish I could give you a hug.

I’m going to watch this over the weekend probably. Thanks for posting.

These places go beyond fundamentalists. It doesn’t have to be religious. My friends family was catholic, but not extreme. They were just conservative and couldn’t deal with their kid smoking pot, so they had strangers rip her out of her bed and take her to a hell hole in Utah against her will. She was a teenager tho so she had no say. So sad. Losing my best friend (who even when she came back, was so brainwashed and refused to communicate with any of her old friends) was so sad, and also so sketchy. Even in our teens, my other friend and I had so many questions and concerns. Fornits was a great website back in the day. I’m not sure if it’s still active but just throwing it out there. http://wiki.fornits.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

You're right. The difference is that with certain religious sects violent abuse is biblically justified. According to them.

Oh. My. God.
I just read some of the HG blog. I had to stop. I’m shaking
Who would believe this torture goes unreported and unpunished?

Disgruntled, so much respect and gratitude for speaking up. I cannot imagne how terrifying that is, in itself.

What they did to infants and toddlers is the worst. I can't cope with it.

Thanks so much. I would like to call tomorrow. If you can message me any more info so when I call I seem like I know what I’m talking about, id greatly appreciate. And if not no worries... I am across the country and have no prob blindly making the call to at least get it on the radar. I just don’t want to tip the hell hole off.
It is on their radar. I have worked with them a lot in the past. There is a new sheriff in town so I was thinking about writing or contacting him. The Turpin Kids have me gutted and reeling. Memories and horror and empathy and sorrow. Ive been absolutely glued to this case as it unfolds, but it has reminded me that I must keep trying. As long as I believe those girls are in danger I have to just keep braying.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Betthicus
Back