IN - Amanda Blackburn, 28, pregnant, murdered, Indianapolis, 10 Nov 2015 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious why this is a pet peeve. I rarely have mine on. Just curious!

Outdoor night lights discourage some folks from going close, so if it keeps a few away, that's a few less. Yard after yard lights would keep even more people perhaps from the whole neighborhood. Safety in numbers. JMO.

Agreed. They looked around, saw a nice development, and said, "Why not?" And I don't think for a minute anything was planned. One of them may have driven down Sunnyfield, just looking, casing, maybe, and said it was a "rich" neighborhood, or the like. So they tried it.

Just pure dumb luck. These guys weren't smart-- no planning, no targeting, etc. - IMO - they just had a ride of incredible dumb luck -- until it ran out. Grrrrr.

I agree with that. I don't think anyone in the right frame of mind would break in to houses at 5, 6, 7 am in the morning that would be B&E suicide. That's when everyone is waking up and getting ready and driving to work. The thing I can think of that would justify that is the fact that there would be a low percent of police patrol and less Likelyhood of being pulled over.

Yes, we considered that awhile back, but after looking at their FB pages, they just don't seem like the types to do yard care or much else in the way of honest work. :) But it may turn out the way you suggest. Or maybe they have a working friend who feeds them information. Time will tell.

As someone else suggested, they may have committed there crimes in a lot of different neighborhoods and felt a need to move around. The fact that they felt so comfortable says to me that they ether broke in to homes a lot or were very familiar with the area. I'm going with number one.

Yeah, i did streetview even just a few streets away and there is gang grafitti on fences etc. You are definitely right.

Same here -- the homes/lawns and even the streets were not well kept. I just went a few blocks off and a nice neighborhood disappeared.

The problem (for me) is that without knowing who's phone was calling who else's phone, it doesn't really make sense to even speculate. That 3:30/4:30 discrepancy I think, is just ABull's gf not giving the correct time. What does strike me as odd though, is the amount of travel that morning. The first burglary was so close to ABull's house they could have all walked there in two minutes, in their sleep. They leave there and for some bizarre reason head to Sunnyfield Ct. 10 miles away. I just want one of those creeps to explain why THERE. What made them head to that specific area?

Then there are the 2 ATM attempts. Both at Chase Bank ATMs. Oddly enough, there is a Chase branch much closer to the house on Sunnyfield than either of the branches they tried. Maybe they headed that direction in search of a Chase branch because it was the direction to head back to ABull's and they really were going to leave Taylor behind.

Then dropping Taylor off at 56 & Guion. That's a good haul to make it back to ABull's house without a car.

Just a lot of questions really that the PC doesn't answer.

With regard to the ATMs, maybe they thought they could find one without a camera. (Some more modern ATMs have hidden the cameras very well.) Just a thought.

I agree with that. I don't think anyone in the right frame of mind would break in to houses at 5, 6, 7 am in the morning that would be B&E suicide. That's when everyone is waking up and getting ready and driving to work. The thing I can think of that would justify that is the fact that there would be a low percent of police patrol and less Likelyhood of being pulled over.

Well, they were dumb enuff to be out there -- the only still-dumb-but-maybe-less-dumb is *advertiser censored*-uming that the Blackburn house was empty when they saw the pastor leave. SMH. But would you go all the way to the end of a cul-de-sac?? Kinda like being backed into a corner... Hard to get away when LE is screaming-hot headed right for you. but that didn't happen...

Outdoor night lights discourage some folks from going close, so if it keeps a few away, that's a few less. Yard after yard lights would keep even more people perhaps from the whole neighborhood. Safety in numbers. JMO.

Exactly! I have a porch light on and back deck light on every night. If somebody tries to break in, it won't be in the dark. I want my neighbors' to be lit up too, so we're all safe.

Plus, what if there is an emergency. If it's pitch black out, the Fire Dept and Police may have a hard time finding your house.

Exactly! I have a porch light on and back deck light on every night. If somebody tries to break in, it won't be in the dark. I want my neighbors' to be lit up too, so we're all safe.

Plus, what if there is an emergency. If it's pitch black out, the Fire Dept and Police may have a hard time finding your house.

bbm
Excellent point. Minutes can be critical.

Same here -- the homes/lawns and even the streets were not well kept. I just went a few blocks off and a nice neighborhood disappeared.

Neighborhoods 0 to 20 blocks off 38th street in any direction are not nice. Trust me on that one :)

I can confirm that IndyGo busses do have cameras on board. A friend drives for them and he confirmed it today (he was working at the time too).

Well, they were dumb enuff to be out there -- the only still-dumb-but-maybe-less-dumb is *advertiser censored*-uming that the Blackburn house was empty when they saw the pastor leave. SMH. But would you go all the way to the end of a cul-de-sac?? Kinda like being backed into a corner... Hard to get away when LE is screaming-hot headed right for you. but that didn't happen...

Robbery on a cul-de-sac? As good a residential target as any.True there's only one way in and out on wheels,but if LE's close enough for that to matter,you're already probably screwed.

I live on a cul-de-sac,I think everyone's forgetting that there's more privacy because the house "across the street" is actually across a large circle and from front yard to the opposite front yard is a further distance away.To that...add the fact that living on a cul-de-sac means there often isn't a neighbor with a clear view of your back yard.

Weird.....Couldn't help noticing this crew went 3 for 3 on Mac Books that morning,scoring one per each location.

This is eye-opening to me. In the western USA desert, we turn off our lights to protect the night sky views. If a neighbor is a light-hog, he is soon informed. This is not a helpful post, but just sharing. What a diverse nation we are.

. What does strike me as odd though, is the amount of travel that morning. The first burglary was so close to ABull's house they could have all walked there in two minutes, in their sleep. They leave there and for some bizarre reason head to Sunnyfield Ct. 10 miles away. I just want one of those creeps to explain why THERE. What made them head to that specific area?

Why is is not plausible that the primary reason for the San Clemente burglary was a car ? I am assuming that they stole the key from the house and took the car. Without the stolen car, you can't get to the nicer area and more valuable loot and higher potential for cash, in a car not traceable directly back to you.

As someone else suggested, they may have committed there crimes in a lot of different neighborhoods and felt a need to move around. The fact that they felt so comfortable says to me that they ether broke in to homes a lot or were very familiar with the area. I'm going with number one.
Checking their rap sheet alone suggests they break into homes alot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member