GUILTY IN - Amanda Blackburn, 28, pregnant, murdered, Indianapolis, 10 Nov 2015 #4

My heart breaks for all of the victims. But as a mother of a teenager, but heart breaks for LT as well. I know you are going to laugh...but this kid should have been planning for college now he's going to be planning his last meal. I just can't fathom someone so young being so evil. I do feel that he should be held responsible for his actions, up to and including the death penalty. May the victims RIP and God Bless their families, may they find comfort and peace knowing LT has sealed his own fate. Also blessings to those who were victimized but not kill as well. May they find comfort knowing justice will be served.

You're a better person than I am BCA...Right now it's hard for me to feel compassion for this kid, mostly because I'm a mother of two boys who live not that far from the very streets LT was recently terrorizing...and a young daughter who just moved into her first apartment not far from the very complex he recently broke into and raped a young girl. I don't know what happened to this kid in his life that made him this way, and of course my heart goes out to any child who has a rotten start to life, but his recent choices have removed any pity that I may have otherwise felt for him... I really struggle with feeling sorry for these perps after they murder, rape, etc, it seems they always want to get help or catch a break after the fact by using excuse after excuse for their actions... We all have choices, and opportunities to ask for help or better ourselves, LT chose a different path. He could've chose college, or even just getting a job, but he didn't. I feel sorry for his victims. I'm sure the Blackburn's will seek forgiveness, we need to forgive in order to find peace, but even the greatest christians will tell us it's not easy... it'll be a journey for them. I pray for their struggles...

All jmo.

You're a better person than I am BCA...Right now it's hard for me to feel compassion for this kid, mostly because I'm a mother of two boys who live not that far from the very streets LT was recently terrorizing...and a young daughter who just moved into her first apartment not far from the very complex he recently broke into and raped a young girl. I don't know what happened to this kid in his life that made him this way, and of course my heart goes out to any child who has a rotten start to life, but his recent choices have removed any pity that I may have otherwise felt for him... I really struggle with feeling sorry for these perps after they murder, rape, etc, it seems they always want to get help or catch a break after the fact by using excuse after excuse for their actions... We all have choices, and opportunities to ask for help or better ourselves, LT chose a different path. He could've chose college, or even just getting a job, but he didn't. I feel sorry for his victims. I'm sure the Blackburn's will seek forgiveness, we need to forgive in order to find peace, but even the greatest christians will tell us it's not easy... it'll be a journey for them. I pray for their struggles...

All jmo.

It's very troubling to see all the kids in the facebook pictures of these guys and their associates with their children. You have toddlers throwing up gang signs and obviously idolize their father. It's that cycle that just keeps on perpetuating.

We don't know exactly what happened to these guys in their youth, but it is often such that they have been abused themselves. Those of us who have not been damaged in this way, cannot understand what that feels like. I am in no way making excuses for these individuals or saying they should be given a lesser sentence or leniency. However, I am saying that you might possibly feel more empathy for the toddler LT, than the product of his childhood.

So that's why seeing all those pictures breaks my heart, because we see the human wheels rolling in that direction. We know the parents aren't likely to change that course.

So while I know that some might disagree with me, I believe giving forgiveness that isn't deserved is an example that can potentially change a person. It's not logical, and therefore the person has to confront the meaning and the origins of that decision.

Not saying to cut the guy loose, but forgiveness is likely the only thing that can change his trajectory. We do see stories like this where inmates are contacted by the family who lost a love one at their hands, and speaking forgiveness. His trajectory should never leave a jail cell, but the example if taken to heart can be spread to others before their trajectory lands them in the same jail cell. I don't know that Larry has a child or younger brother/sister or nephew/niece. But that's really the best you can hope for.

Maybe he's too far gone, very possible. But I do believe in forgiveness. Consequences however, should remain.

Thanks for the beautiful post Max. I agree wholeheartedly.

It's very troubling to see all the kids in the facebook pictures of these guys and their associates with their children. You have toddlers throwing up gang signs and obviously idolize their father. It's that cycle that just keeps on perpetuating.

We don't know exactly what happened to these guys in their youth, but it is often such that they have been abused themselves. Those of us who have not been damaged in this way, cannot understand what that feels like. I am in no way making excuses for these individuals or saying they should be given a lesser sentence or leniency. However, I am saying that you might possibly feel more empathy for the toddler LT, than the product of his childhood.

So that's why seeing all those pictures breaks my heart, because we see the human wheels rolling in that direction. We know the parents aren't likely to change that course.

So while I know that some might disagree with me, I believe giving forgiveness that isn't deserved is an example that can potentially change a person. It's not logical, and therefore the person has to confront the meaning and the origins of that decision.

Not saying to cut the guy loose, but forgiveness is likely the only thing that can change his trajectory. We do see stories like this where inmates are contacted by the family who lost a love one at their hands, and speaking forgiveness. His trajectory should never leave a jail cell, but the example if taken to heart can be spread to others before their trajectory lands them in the same jail cell. I don't know that Larry has a child or younger brother/sister or nephew/niece. But that's really the best you can hope for.

Maybe he's too far gone, very possible. But I do believe in forgiveness. Consequences however, should remain.

Best post I've ever read on this website. Gives me lots to ponder on my journey to be a better person in this world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Larry Taylor, 18, was charged with murder and robbery Monday in connection with the Nov. 4 shooting death of Rolando Gonzalez-Hernandez, 26. Investigators say Gonzalez-Hernandez was found shot in the head next to his car in an Indianapolis apartment complex parking lot. The Indianapolis Star reported that court documents alleged that Taylor told a police informant that he had shot Gonzalez-Hernandez after taking $10 from the man's wallet. An affidavit also claimed that Taylor showed an informant video of a news report about the killing.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/12/3...e-charged-in-second-murder.html?intcmp=hplnws

For ten dollars. I have no words. :(

BBM

Or perhaps I do know what it feels like to have been damaged this way... There are plenty of survivors who have picked up the pieces of a broken childhood and went on to make something of their lives. Many of us have also made the extremely difficult choice to forgive, as well... We forgive for ourselves, not for the perpetrator of our crimes...they can only do that for themselves. It should never be the victim's burden to be responsible for both their own salvation and that of their abuser... I think stories of inmates being impacted by forgiveness are wonderful, but the truth is most of the time the road to forgiveness is a complex journey, often a lot of time, therapy, prayer, etc, is involved before we get there. But, we have to do the work ourselves, no one can do it for us.... And I do sympathize with childen of abuse, I understand the cycle, but, there comes a day when we have to take responsibility for our adult lives and not be allowed to use our past as a crutch for our poor choices. Doing the right thing and being an example is how we stop the cycle for our children, and the generations that will come after us...

I do believe the Blackburn's will find forgiveness, and I think it's worth repeating that I pray for their struggles, it's not going to be an easy road... but a worthy one.

All jmo.

I've been traveling the past couple of weeks and decided to dedicate this short time of visiting good friends and traveling with my husband to being internet-free. I needed to totally cut myself off or I wouldn't have returned renewed and refreshed, ready to start a new year filled with awful cases such as this one and trials to be followed.

I've spent most of my day starting to catch up and Websleuths takes precedence for me.

I'm pleased to see that LE has gotten Taylor on another murder and other serious crimes, including the rape. He and his cohorts have caused terrible pain for so many. I'm sure there are other cases that may be uncovered.

He needs to be out of society forever. There is no forgiveness that will change him. Forgiveness lets a person move away from anger and hatred. That is good for the person who is forgiving. However, no amount of forgiveness will allow a person to forget and not suffer the terrible pain of loss.

As I've read the articles, I do see a larger than usual number of people close to Taylor telling LE what they heard him say and saw what he did. He is even over-the-top in criminality for his group of peers. I'm sure part of it is to distance themselves from charges or to give them a get-out-of-jail-free card for their less serious crimes.

I am wishing everyone a Happy New Year and pray that 2016 will be a year for justice, not only for Amanda Blackburn, but for all victims of crime.

All jmo.

It's never that easy for troubled people to change, especially when they are that young and emotions are still unregulated.
I was saddened to see the ages of this murderer and his peers. So young. Unfortunately for some, prison is where they eventually get the help they so desperately need (if they choose to accept it).
For those who are able and committed to personal transformation, it will happened if they are given the resources and support. I work with people who have committed murder and if they or someone hadn't told you, you wouldn't have guessed. But again, the transformation occurred because they did the difficult work of personal transformation. They still have deep hurts and trauma, but they now know how to successfully deal with challenges.
We recently had a double murder in our city and one of the three perpetrators was 13 years old.

It's never that easy for troubled people to change, especially when they are that young and emotions are still unregulated.
I was saddened to see the ages of this murderer and his peers. So young. Unfortunately for some, prison is where they eventually get the help they so desperately need (if they choose to accept it).
For those who are able and committed to personal transformation, it will happened if they are given the resources and support. I work with people who have committed murder and if they or someone hadn't told you, you wouldn't have guessed. But again, the transformation occurred because they did the difficult work of personal transformation. They still have deep hurts and trauma, but they now know how to successfully deal with challenges.
We recently had a double murder in our city and one of the three perpetrators was 13 years old.

I get what you all are saying... In general, I think I'm a pretty compassionate person, but I'm tired of all the killings. I'm tired of turning on my TV set and hearing about another innocent victim being murdered. All the therapy in the world won't bring their victims back... Amanda and her unborn child weren't afforded a second chance...

Just to note, I'm all for prison reform, especially for those will reintegrate back into society, but I'm not talking about them...

All jmo.

Great to see they finally charged the 3rd guy. Do they try them all individually ? Or all together ?

A crazy part of the times we live in,it wasn't that many years ago when this all might have occured without a single phone call.For Amanda's husband and her killer(s) it seems that one way or another everyone's cell phones are interwoven throughout the events of that terrible morning.

I always feel bad because it seems that after these guys have been arrested that Amanda just seems to be forgotten. I always check back to see if anything new is posted.

It appears all 3 have pretrial conference on March 4, 2016.

But looking back through the thread, I happened upon the post with the phone numbers. As I was looking--I noticed some of the phone numbers had an 864 area code. I believe it was DG's phone and I'm not sure which other ones. But 864 area code is from South Carolina. I wondered if Gordon and/or the other number happened upon this lovely couple while they lived in SC?

Last night on Dateline there was a story about a murder of a 38 year old mother, Denise Leuthold who also attended Pensacola Christian College (PCC) and did missionary work with her husband. She too was murdered when she was home alone. But in this case, it was her husband who committed the murder using his Glock, and tried to make it appear as though a burglary had occurred.

The PCC connection made me think of Amanda.

I always feel bad because it seems that after these guys have been arrested that Amanda just seems to be forgotten. I always check back to see if anything new is posted.

It appears all 3 have pretrial conference on March 4, 2016.

But looking back through the thread, I happened upon the post with the phone numbers. As I was looking--I noticed some of the phone numbers had an 864 area code. I believe it was DG's phone and I'm not sure which other ones. But 864 area code is from South Carolina. I wondered if Gordon and/or the other number happened upon this lovely couple while they lived in SC?
864 is a prefix, BCA. All of the numbers have a 317 area code. See pages 20-22

http://ftpcontent2.worldnow.com/wthr/PDF/blackburnpc.pdf

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member