IN IN - Amiah Robertson, 8 months, Indianapolis, 15 Mar 2019 #3

yrmfp

Reaction score
INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. –
An 8-month-old girl is missing from Indianapolis, and police are desperate to find her.The Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department is asking for help with finding Amiah Robertson.

IMPD sent out the baby’s photo with a vague description of what happened.

We spoke with her mother, Amber Robertson, overnight. Amber says Amiah was last seen at a house along South Holmes Avenue on Friday, March 15, 2019.She says she and her ex-boyfriend, who is not Amiah’s father, were at a Motel 6 on Friday for a date. That was the last time Amber saw the baby. She reported Amiah missing on Saturday.“I was scared, worried on where she could be, if she is ok. I’m just hoping she is, and that she is safe. And I’m just…hoping she isn’t with someone that could do any harm to her,” Amber told FOX59.

Amiah is 16 pounds, and she has dark black hair and hazel eyes. She has a birthmark on her shoulder close to her neck.“They couldn’t do an Amber Alert because someone knew where she was, and it didn’t fit in as a category for an Amber Alert,” Amber said.

BREAKING: Police search for 8-month-old girl missing from Indianapolis

Thread #1
Thread #2

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190319-070527_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20190319-070527_Facebook.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 64
Last edited by a moderator:
Angela Brauer‏Verified account @AngelaBrauerTV

Angela Brauer Retweeted CBS4 Indy

Mom now clarifying that her ex-boyfriend took the baby Friday afternoon & was supposed to take Amiah to the babysitter's. The babysitter said they never showed. FF to Saturday: Amber Robertson says she & her ex got into a fight. That's when she reported the baby missing.

Angela Brauer on Twitter

CBS4 Indy‏Verified account @CBS4Indy

IMPD is searching for 8-month-old Amiah Robertson; her mom says she was last seen at a house along South Holmes Avenue on Friday, March 15 http://via.cbs4indy.com/VxNck

D2AxZ0HW0AEV5L2.jpg

CBS4 Indy on Twitter

CBS4 Indy‏Verified account @CBS4Indy

Amber Robertson, the mother of missing 8-month-old Amiah, spoke exclusively with #CBS4, pleading with the public to help find her missing baby. Watch the interview here: http://via.cbs4indy.com/VxNck #4YourMorning

D2AxjoYXcAA-POc.jpg

CBS4 Indy on Twitter

When posting please be mindful of the following:

* only suspects or POIs officially named by law enforcement are allowed to be sleuthed.
* mainstream media links or LE announcements must accompany statements made as fact
* the only facebook information allowed to be discussed are those belonging to a victim, LE, MSM, or approved official support groups.
* otherwise what is posted on random facebook pages is not acceptable to be posted here.
* family facebook pages are off limits
(unless named as a suspect by LE)

Please become familiar with our terms of service/rules:

Rules - Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc.

Rules - Etiquette & Information

Last edited:
I think it would be beneficial for the investigation to establish the paternity of the child and go from there. It seems that there's some confusion about who is Amiah's father. Even though LH, Amiah's brother, seems to be under the impression he is the father, Amber never really reffers to him as the baby's father, just as the boy's father. Also, Amber said she was having problems with Robert Lyons because she was trying to get back together with Amiah's father, with whom she went on a date to Motel 6. LHl was out of town so, I don't believe she was reffering to LH, at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
The baby sitter has not been designated a suspect or POI. Do not post any background information about her unless there is an msm link stating she has been officially named by law enforcement as a suspect in Amiah's case.

Posts sleuthing her have been removed.

Well, someone said yesterday that RL was being looked for. He is a suspect. Does anyone know any more about this or whether it is a fact? I was actually thinking they were probably keeping an eye on him.

I was also hoping we would have more news by now. I truly hope there is some break in the case going on.

This poor baby deserves one.

Well, someone said yesterday that RL was being looked for. He is a suspect. Does anyone know any more about this or whether it is a fact? I was actually thinking they were probably keeping an eye on him.

I was also hoping we would have more news by now. I truly hope there is some break in the case going on.

This poor baby deserves one.

Media misspoke. Again.

Media misspoke. Again.

It is certainly looking that way.

This baby deserves to be found.

I think little of the ones in the group of people around her who appear to be continually actively inhibiting that.

Arrests and charges cannot come too soon and are deserved.

I also fear this baby will never be found, and she does not deserve that.

Short vent :(

Again, I'm going to have say that IMPD simply does not have the manpower to dedicate to this (or any) case for very long. It's a constant crime wave here. Just the last couple days:

5 people shot within 4 hours during violent night in Indianapolis

IMPD: 2 babies injured in baseball bat attack, 1 in critical condition

Family reacts after 18-year-old is found shot to death inside abandoned home on Indy’s near north side

Man killed in shooting on northeast side of Indianapolis

It is unfortunately always like this and I doubt anyone is following RL around. I didn't even have to try hard to find these articles. It's every day. MOO

edited by me: same link twice, deleted one

I think it would be beneficial for the investigation to establish the paternity of the child and go from there. It seems that there's some confusion about who is Amiah's father. Even though LH, Amiah's brother, seems to be under the impression he is the father, Amber never really reffers to him as the baby's father, just as the boy's father. Also, Amber said she was having problems with Robert Lyons because she was trying to get back together with Amiah's father, with whom she went on a date to Motel 6. LHl was out of town so, I don't believe she was reffering to LH, at all.
In the transcript in one of her first interviews, she claims that RL was upset because she planned on getting back together with her son's father, so I do believe she is referring to Hull.
Since she was with RL at the time, I think it's possible that both he and she considered him to be Amiah's father, whether biological or not. Imo

Last edited:
Again, I'm going to have say that IMPD simply does not have the manpower to dedicate to this (or any) case for very long. It's a constant crime wave here. Just the last couple days:

5 people shot within 4 hours during violent night in Indianapolis

IMPD: 2 babies injured in baseball bat attack, 1 in critical condition

Family reacts after 18-year-old is found shot to death inside abandoned home on Indy’s near north side

Man killed in shooting on northeast side of Indianapolis

It is unfortunately always like this and I doubt anyone is following RL around. I didn't even have to try hard to find these articles. It's every day. MOO

edited by me: same link twice, deleted one

I noticed this yesterday. I kept refreshing the Indy local Fox to see if we would get anything in MSM. The headlines kept changing. The baseball bat with the babies (and adults) was like what...? There was also another Silver Alert for I think a two year old boy, I believe. I looked at the headlines various times through the day and thought what size is this department and is this every day they have this kind of a load?? How could anyone keep up? I have never been there and based on the headlines, never want to.

On the flip side, their news reporters do not have to look hard to find a story...

Last edited:
I noticed this yesterday. I kept refreshing the Indy local Fox to see if we would get anything in MSM. The headlines kept changing. The baseball bat with the babies (and adults) was like what...? There was also another Silver Alert for I think a two year old boy, I believe. I looked at the headlines various times through the day and thought what size is this department and is this every day?? I have never been there and based on the headlines, never want to.

On the flip side, their news reporters do not have to look hard to find a story...

Unfortunately young black men below the age of 25 are the most likely to be murdered in our otherwise very beautiful city. People within this demographic are 4 times more likely to be taken by homicide. It's tragic and a lot of people in my city are coming up with creative ways to curb this problem. It's devastating for people like me because having grown up here, I watched this city change. While it is not yet a shell of what it used to be, I clearly cannot leave my home at night without fear. Heck, we can't even park in the garage at our cancer center or university during the day without grave concern. The IUPUI parking garages are a major hotspot from robberies involving stabbings and some shootings, and it is more than frequent. It's a travesty. No one is really safe, and many of us are very unaware to put it kindly. We are home to some amazing hospitals including the world class Fairbanks Burn Unit, but what does that after when accessing these places puts one in a significant amount of fear and legitimate danger? It's heartbreaking to say the least. Most of the kidnappings and crimes against children are the acts of direct family members. Poverty and the opioid crisis are two major issues we face in this city. I could go on forever, but I'd rather be Googling baby Amiah. :(

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back