IN IN - Andi Madison Wagner, 20, Evansville, 7 Aug 2022

WDIpodcaster

Reaction score
Not a lot of information on NAMUS, thought this would be a good place to post! Last date of contact August 6, 2022.

Here is a battery case on her, two years earlier.
Wagner, Andi Madison (W F, 20) VICTIM of Battery - Class A Misdemeanor [am] (C), at 100 S Green River Rd, Evansville, IN, between 03:00, 04/13/2019 and 04:23, 04/13/2019. Reported: 04/13/2019.

"All I know is she was supposed to have come home with me at the end of August, but she came up missing," Garcia told the Courier & Press. "Last time anybody had contact with Andi was around August 5th or 6th."
Police said Wagner is homeless, and that she has a history of staying in the Evansville area, particularly in surrounding towns such as Newburgh and Oakland City.
But Garcia disputes the notion that her daughter was truly homeless, saying Wagner had a home with her grandparents who live in Vanderburgh County.

She also goes by the name Andi Blair.

EVANSVILLE, Ind. (WFIE) - It’s been nearly one year since the family of Andi Wagner has heard from her.

She was last seen August 6, 2022, and ever since, has not been heard from or seen.

“She wouldn’t answer her phones, and that’s when I knew something wasn’t right,” said Elane Garcia, Andi’s mother.

<modsnip - more than 10% of the article posted>

The search party will meet up Saturday at 8 a.m. at the Pit in the Bluegrass Fish and Wildlife Area in Oakland City.

Last edited by a moderator:
On Saturday, a search party formed at the Blue Grass Fish & Wildlife Area in Warrick County to look for Wagner.

Wagner's mother recently moved to the area from out-of-state to lead efforts to find her daughter, asking volunteers to meet at the wildlife area on Saturday.

"We just want to know where she's at so we can bring her home and get that closure for this family," says Rick White, who helped in Saturday's search for Wagner. "These leads and these tips that come in - if we can follow them out to the end we're going to follow them out to the end, and that's kind of what we're doing today."

AUG 6, 2023
Wagner’s mother, Elane Garcia, along with two other volunteers, searched for any clues about Andi Wagner’s disappearance Sunday.

Garcia says, “Most importantly I want to find her. Does it scare me? Yes it does. It scares me to death, but it has to be done.”

The group says it received two tips around 1 p.m. Saturday, leading them to a property in Pike County. One of the volunteers who traveled from Illinois brought in a cadaver dog named Rex to assist the search, and says he was personally asked to join. He says he is looking for resolution.

[...]

As of 4 p.m. Sunday, no trace of Wagner was reported. Meanwhile, Garcia says she noticed on Saturday night that about eighty percent of fliers they placed around Oakland City had been taken down. She says she doesn’t know why it has happened in a place which Wagner frequently visited.

[...]

AUG 12, 2023
On Saturday, community members, like CV, saw the Oakland City Sweet Corn Festival Parade as an opportunity to spread awareness.

They walked in a group down the route with photos of Wagner on banners.

Wagner's mother, Elaine Garcia, moved from her home in Texas to the Evansville area after her daughter disappeared. In the months since, Garcia and others organized the public Facebook Group Where Is Andi to raise awareness about the case and coordinate grassroots efforts to locate Wagner.

Garcia and others have conducted their own searches for Wagner, including with the help of rescue dogs, sonar-equipped boats and volunteers. As recently as Monday, the Where Is Andi Facebook group posted footage of Brothers Underwater Recovery using a K-9 to sniff through ponds and other areas of interest.

As of Friday afternoon, the group posted an update stating volunteer searches would be put on hold until professional organizations, including the well-known Texas Equu Search, finished conducting their own inquiries in and around Oakland City.

Garcia said the group has received multiple anonymous tips that point in the direction of Oakland City, which is located in Gibson County about 40 minutes north of Evansville.

A public EPD report pertaining to Wagner’s disappearance lists the names of several “additional” individuals with ties to the Oakland City area, but the report does not explain the relevance of those names to any police investigation.

“She was a smart and bright young lady,” Garcia told the Courier & Press about a month after Wagner was reported missing. “She is loved and missed by myself and her family in Evansville."

There is now a $5,000 reward. A YouTube channel put up a $2,500 reward which has now been matched.

A member of one of those channels put up $2,500 for any information that leads to the discovery and recovery of Andi Wagner.

Now, a woman named Haylee Brummett tells us she’s matching that reward.

Brummet says she’s been looking for her since the beginning and was there when Andi’s mother passed away.

Andi is on The Charley Project.

Wagner was last seen leaving her grandparents' home in the 3700 block of Stanford Drive in Evansville, Indiana on August 6, 2022. She called her mother in Texas and said she was wanted to move away from Evansville. Her mother promised to come and get her in two weeks; she couldn't come earlier because of work obligations.

Wagner also spoke to her sister briefly that day while packing an overnight bag to visit a friend. She was excited about the upcoming move to Texas. Her family never heard from her again.

At the time of her disappearance, Wagner was staying with her grandparents. She also had a history of staying in Newburgh, Indiana, which is a 20-minute drive west, and Oakland City, Indiana, which is about 45-minute drive north, and some reports state she was homeless. Her mother stated she was not homeless because she was always able to stay with her family members in Evansville.

At around the time she went missing, she reportedly visited the apartment of a boyfriend or ex-boyfriend. He said she was there on the night of the 6th and disappeared while he was sleeping, but other witnesses claim they saw him and Wagner together at a party in Oakland City on the night of the 7th.

Wagner's mother lived in Texas at the time of her disappearance, but she moved to Evansville and took a job there so she could participate in the search for her daughter. She died in December 2023 without ever finding answers.

It's uncharacteristic of Wagner to be out of touch with her family and her loved ones are concerned for her safety. The circumstances of her disappearance are unclear.

After members of Wagner’s family reported her missing on Aug. 12, 2022, Garcia uprooted her life and moved from Texas to the Tri-State Area to search for her missing daughter, who was 24 years old at the time. In the months since, a growing local and national movement aimed at helping locate Wagner sprung up around Garcia.

From muddy pits in Gibson County to abandoned homes in Evansville, Garcia left no stone unturned as she searched to no avail for more than a year. Garcia’s unexpected death on Dec. 18 rocked her family and the community, both in Evansville and in Vernon, Texas.

“I hope you're up there giving them a concert,” Wagner’s cousin, Franky Garcia, said soon after Elaine Garcia’s passing. “I strive to be a tia like you were to me: trusting, understanding, the cool tia for sure… I’ll never forget you, woman.”

All this comes ahead of National Missing Persons Day on Feb. 3, when both Wilkerson and Wagner’s families will try to bring additional awareness to their loved ones’ cases. Cardin said the two families have grown closer recently, bonded by a tragedy few others can fully understand.

Noting:

[...]

Our 14 News reporter Jacee Caldwell is on scene.

She’s spoken with people who say they saw officials digging with shovels, as well as many speculating this is in connection to the disappearance of Andi Wagner.

[...]

State Police say FBI SWAT has helped serve two search warrants in the area.

[...]

On Tuesday, officials from EPD, the FBI, Indiana State Police, Gibson County Sheriff's Office, and Ohio Valley Search and Rescue personnel, were seen in the Gibson County community of Oakland City, serving search warrants. Family and friends of missing woman Andi Wagner were hopeful that the searches were related to her disappearance, which was reported in 2022.

EPD officials confirmed Wednesday morning that three locations were searched in Oakland City after the FBI received a tip regarding Wagner.

According to EPD, the searches led to the collection of evidence that was sent to the state lab for testing.

MAY 8, 2024
[...]

HB is a friend of Andi Wagner’s family.

“I know she’s still out there, and she’s gotta be found,” said HB.

HB began helping Andi’s mom, Elane, with the search shortly after she went missing.

Elane died just after Christmas in 2023.

“I’m just ready to find her and lay her to rest with her mom. That was the whole purpose of Elane moving here was to find her baby. So, I got to see it through,” said HB.

[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SouthernVintageMama
Back