IN IN - Brooke Elaine Hill, 16, Putnamville District 53, 06/05/1997

victoriarobinson642

Reaction score
The Indiana MP Bulletin has a ton of people who aren't in NAMUS. Some appear to have been found alive but I've found about a dozen who appear to still be missing. Brooke is one of them. I can't find any trace of her after this yearbook photo in '97.
1703823869705.png
Not in NAMUS or any other database

1703823947496.pngScreen Shot 2023-12-28 at 11.25.58 PM.png
Hoping one of y'all can find a bit more info.

I was unable to find anything at all regarding even her existence, save for the same yearbook photos

I found who I believe to be Brooke’s father’s obituary from 1994, listing 3 other siblings. He died of alcoholic cirrhosis. The father’s widow was only married to him in 1985, after Brooke was born, and I suspect she isn’t Brooke’s mother. She died in 2014 and her obit only references two sons whose surname is not Hill.

Last edited:
I found this clipping from March 1998, which would’ve made Brooke 17. Do we think this is the same Brooke?
IMG_5375.jpeg

The Indiana MP Bulletin has a ton of people who aren't in NAMUS. Some appear to have been found alive but I've found about a dozen who appear to still be missing. Brooke is one of them. I can't find any trace of her after this yearbook photo in '97.
View attachment 470785
Not in NAMUS or any other database

View attachment 470786View attachment 470787
Hoping one of y'all can find a bit more info.
I went to middle/high school with Brooke and we were friends when she disappeared when we were 16/17 yo. I was surprised to find a missing persons report posted by IPS which led me to this thread. Many of us have always wondered what happened to Brooke. She had a big personality so it is strange that she continues to be untraceable after all of these years. When her mother (Sally Kennedy, remarried) passed away we were expecting her to appear and she never did :( Oddly, Brooke was not mentioned in her mother's obituary. Her family moved to Martinsville, IN sometime around 1993 and her father (possibly adopted father) passed away within a year or two. It was rumored, she ran off to Florida with a boyfriend that wasn't from Martinsville. I had met him a handful of times, but know very little about him given they were on/off again.

I went to middle/high school with Brooke and we were friends when she disappeared when we were 16/17 yo. I was surprised to find a missing persons report posted by IPS which led me to this thread. Many of us have always wondered what happened to Brooke. She had a big personality so it is strange that she continues to be untraceable after all of these years. When her mother (Sally Kennedy, remarried) passed away we were expecting her to appear and she never did :( Oddly, Brooke was not mentioned in her mother's obituary. Her family moved to Martinsville, IN sometime around 1993 and her father (possibly adopted father) passed away within a year or two. It was rumored, she ran off to Florida with a boyfriend that wasn't from Martinsville. I had met him a handful of times, but know very little about him given they were on/off again.
Thank you for confirming that she's still missing, though I'm sad to hear it. I'll enter her in NAMUS, the national misssing person database.

I found who I believe to be Brooke’s father’s obituary from 1994, listing 3 other siblings. He died of alcoholic cirrhosis. The father’s widow was only married to him in 1985, after Brooke was born, and I suspect she isn’t Brooke’s mother. She died in 2014 and her obit only references two sons whose surname is not Hill.

Hi! Do you have a link to Brooke’s father’s obit from 1994? Or can you post it here please? Thank you!

Do you know the circumstances of her disappearance?

Was she having trouble at home/school etc?
It’s been 27 years so it’s hard to remember but at that time she just seemed like a rebellious teen. Like I mentioned, she allegedly went to Florida with her on again off again boyfriend. Anyone that I can think of never heard from her again.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back