IN IN - Carmen Van Huss, 19, Indianapolis, 22 March 1993

Just want to point out Carmen had a connection to a Waffle House (WH), which has been a common thread in several missing person's and homicide cases. Truck drivers have been known to frequent them, which has lead to speculation in other cases, I can not recall the specifics. If someone else knows which other cases involved people last seen at WH please fill us in.

"At the time of her death, she had been a waitress for about eight months at a Pizza Hut at 86th Street and Westfield Boulevard. She also had worked at a Waffle House." Indiana Unsolved: A new look at rape, killing of Carmen Van Huss, 19

Hi, I am new here , and I just wanted to point out that WH and the waffle house Carmen worked for are two different restaurants. She worked for the small local Waffle House , which would later became Sunshine Cafe , not the same . Dont want anyone to mistake that southern chain restaurant that only in the last 10 or 15 years tops opened their doors in the indiana or for that matter Indianapolis . One is more of a truck stop restaurant than the other . The Sunshine Cafe however is more like locals and travelers and some policemen but they aren't a restaurant that is off the highway like the chain restaurant is . So not a lot of truckers like you may think .

Just want to point out Carmen had a connection to a Waffle House (WH), which has been a common thread in several missing person's and homicide cases. Truck drivers have been known to frequent them, which has lead to speculation in other cases, I can not recall the specifics. If someone else knows which other cases involved people last seen at WH please fill us in.

"At the time of her death, she had been a waitress for about eight months at a Pizza Hut at 86th Street and Westfield Boulevard. She also had worked at a Waffle House." Indiana Unsolved: A new look at rape, killing of Carmen Van Huss, 19

Hi, I am new here , and I just wanted to point out that WH and the waffle house Carmen worked for are two different restaurants. She worked for the small local Waffle House , which would later became Sunshine Cafe , not the same . Dont want anyone to mistake that southern chain restaurant that only in the last 10 or 15 years tops opened their doors in the indiana or for that matter Indianapolis . One is more of a truck stop restaurant than the other . The Sunshine Cafe however is more like locals and travelers and some policemen but they aren't a restaurant that is off the highway like the chain restaurant is . So not a lot of truckers like you may think .
Welcome to Ws LifesChaos, thanks for the local insight!

As previously mentioned, I used to work with Carmen's sister-in-law. (Carmen never met her, she was murdered a few years before Jimmy met his now-wife). She ( my friend) reports the FBI is doing genetic genealogy on evidence from Carmen's murder. I know this is not MSM and if need be please mods delete.

I pray this provides the answers this family deserves.

WishTV (Indianapolis New Provider) is fairly reputable. They're the only ones I have seen saying that the apartment was trashed. If true, that has some interesting implications.

Now, we have little information on the neighbor(s) whom allegedly heard Carmen that night. It could very well be possible that their statements were a fabrication, intended on misleading law enforcement.
Perhaps Law Enforcement themselves knowingly published the neighbors false statements in effort to help ease the mind of a potential POI.

How were the neighbors able to hear the hurried footsteps leaving the apartment in question, but not items being strewn about the apartment?

Why would the killer trash the apartment to begin with? Were they looking for something? Did they trash the apartment in a fit of rage? Was it an attempt to stage a robbery?

Plenty of unanswered questions here, and I would bet that Law Enforcement has a whole lot going on behind the scenes in regards to this case that we aren't privy to.

All the above is purely speculation of my own making, and merely another viewpoint to aid in exploratory investigative efforts.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back