Found Deceased IN - Carson Hughes, 18, Versailles State Park, Versailles 15 Mar 2024

oceanverde

Reaction score
The Indiana Department of Natural Resources, IDNR, says it is looking for Carson Hughes, a wildlife photographer, reported missing at 1:30 p.m. Friday March 16, 2024.

IDNR said his vehicle was found unlocked, with the keys still inside, near the boat ramp, and his empty kayak was found on the water nearby. His camera was found still on a tripod near a pond right off the main lake.

A search for Hughes was conducted on land and water near where his vehicle was located utilizing thermal and side-scan sonar technologies. Search was suspended overnight but was said to resume this morning.

Anyone with information on Carson’s whereabouts is asked to contact IDNR at 812-837-9536.

Source:

72998525007-carson-hughes-fox.JPG

the search for missing Carson Hughes of Osgood, Indiana has over 150 volunteers onsite and officials ask if you are not already there, please refrain from coming to Versailles State Park.

“The last man to see Hughes tells us the teenager is a talented wildlife photographer, who often works with him.”

This is the first I’ve heard of the last person to see Carson.

Crews continue search for missing 18-year-old at Versailles State Park
I think I read he was meeting up with a few others but don't remember where I read that. Carson has some amazing photo's and video's on TikTok (there is also a link to his insta, but I don't do that SM). Seems like a talented young man and I am praying he will be found.
Just to mention a bunch of his photos are of non violent animals. Birds, deer, and the like. I searched but didn't see any bear and to be honest don't even know if bear are present in the location he disappeared. He was doing a series of videos of wildlife like a countdown until he turned 18. Super cute kid and seemed to always be outfitted for his surroundings. I hope he is found safe soon!

Just so awful. I can’t imagine he’d go out on his kayak leaving his expensive camera on the shore, car unlocked, etc., but it sounds like he did just that and if the conditions were poor as they said the weather was, that he capsized?

I just looked at his pics on the IG account mentioned above by @lucky181 (thanks!) and they are truly amazing! And Hughes is only 18 years old. Very talented young man. Hoping he is safe and will return or be found in good shape soon.
Also very glad that the search crews will continue looking for this amazing photographer. Hoping for good news soon.

The search for 18-year-old Carson Hughes resumes Sunday at 7 a.m.
Steven John told Enquirer media partner Fox 19 that he and Carson work on photography projects together for John’s company Indiana Thermal Recovery.

“He’s one of the youngest, most talented photographers I’ve ever known. I looked up to his work and it was very inspirational,” John said.

"Steven John says he and Carson work on photography projects for John’s company Indiana Thermal Recovery.

“He’s one of the youngest most talented photographers I’ve ever known. I looked up to his work and it was very inspirational,” John says.

John says the day Hughes went missing, they had plans to meet up in Osgood before John had to cancel because of a work conflict.

“I knew he was going to be at the park. He was on spring break and he was going to capitalize on as much shooting time as possible.”

“I called him on the highway and I was like, ' Hey Carson, I’m too tied up with rescues, maybe we just meet up another time,’” John recalls. “And he was like, ‘Yeah that’s okay man,’ and that was the last time I talked to him.”

John said that the phone call was at around 11 a.m. Friday.

According to authorities, Hughes was reported missing about two hours later. John says he now can’t help but wonder.

“Had I not had that rescue and I’d met up with him, would this ordeal still be happening right now?” John asks. “That thought"

"Steven John says he and Carson work on photography projects for John’s company Indiana Thermal Recovery.

“He’s one of the youngest most talented photographers I’ve ever known. I looked up to his work and it was very inspirational,” John says.

John says the day Hughes went missing, they had plans to meet up in Osgood before John had to cancel because of a work conflict.

“I knew he was going to be at the park. He was on spring break and he was going to capitalize on as much shooting time as possible.”

“I called him on the highway and I was like, ' Hey Carson, I’m too tied up with rescues, maybe we just meet up another time,’” John recalls. “And he was like, ‘Yeah that’s okay man,’ and that was the last time I talked to him.”

John said that the phone call was at around 11 a.m. Friday.

According to authorities, Hughes was reported missing about two hours later. John says he now can’t help but wonder.

“Had I not had that rescue and I’d met up with him, would this ordeal still be happening right now?” John asks. “That thought"
Aw man, I feel bad for his friend.
Do we know who reported CH missing?
Carson was chosen as one of 10 people to win the 2023 Indiana Agriculture Photo Contest
Carson-Hughes-IN-Ag-Photo-Contest-300x200.jpg

@WCPO

These are just some of the photos Carson Hughes has taken, many of which taken at Versailles State Park. Officials are still searching for the Ripley County 18-year-old who went missing in the park Friday. (@carsonhughes_photography)
https://bit.ly/4afr9GS

Crews planned to break at dark and regroup Sunday morning to figure out their plans going forward.

Anyone who may know about Hughes' whereabouts is asked to call the DNR at 812-837-9536.

last updated 9:51 PM, Mar 16, 2024

1710718042378.png

Last edited:
@angelaganote

The search continues for 18-year-old wildlife photographer Carson Hughes. His Kayak and camera found at Versailles Lake within Versailles State Park.

His mom posted this morning: “Mark 9:23-24 Lord help MY unbelief! We are still praying for a miracle today!!”

1710718144367.png

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon
Back