IN IN - Chynna, 26, & Blake Dickus, 10, Franklin, 24 July 2006

I'm having a hard time understanding why Chynna was stabbed while Blake was stabbed, beaten, and strangled. It's almost as if HE was the focus of the killer's rage. I'm sorry to say that with all of the information we've heard in recent years about pedophiles, I can't help but wonder if there was a sexual motive directed towards the boy. Something posted earlier in this thread said something along the lines of only the murderer and LE know what happened there that afternoon. That implies that something happened there other than murder.

JerseyGirl said:
I'm having a hard time understanding why Chynna was stabbed while Blake was stabbed, beaten, and strangled. It's almost as if HE was the focus of the killer's rage. I'm sorry to say that with all of the information we've heard in recent years about pedophiles, I can't help but wonder if there was a sexual motive directed towards the boy. Something posted earlier in this thread said something along the lines of only the murderer and LE know what happened there that afternoon. That implies that something happened there other than murder.
You may be on to something there.

richandfamous said:
You may be on to something there.
I'm especially intrigued by the "grass dancing" that was mentioned. I don't know much about it at all but I'm curious about the age at which boys do this, where they do it, who is present, etc. Could be nothing but a suspicious WS mind. ;)

JerseyGirl said:
I'm especially intrigued by the "grass dancing" that was mentioned. I don't know much about it at all but I'm curious about the age at which boys do this, where they do it, who is present, etc. Could be nothing but a suspicious WS mind. ;)

Is this something the father mentioned during an interview? refresh my memory please. thx

It's mentioned in an article posted by Sabal:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Mother 26 and Stepso

This is what is mentioned specifically in the article regarding the grass dancing:

"Blake celebrated his American Indian heritage as a grass dancer at events every September in Tipton. Four of (Blake's uncle Gary) Whittemore's sons are grass dancers, and Whittemore said he will miss seeing Blake dancing with his children."

Apparently there are 15 sexual offenders in Tipton, IN, including one that is wanted for moving and failing to register. 51 in Franklin, 32 with either their work or home addresses within five miles of their home, and 5 of those within one mile.

I don't know how close Tipton is to their home in Franklin. Looks like it's about 20-30 miles.

Has anyone heard an update on this case? It is hard to believe that they have no leads.

WISH-TV - Indianapolis News and Weather - Memorial Held for 10-Year-Old Franklin Murder Victim

... This morning classmates, teachers, and family members of 10-year-old Blake Dickus held a memorial to remember their friend.

"This is Blake's day, a very special day."

They came bundled up and ready for a difficult day of saying goodbye to a classmate. Messages written by Blake's classmates were placed in the ground along with an oak tree planted in his honor.

"The oak tree we are planting today is amazing, this particular type of oak tree lives 300 to 350 years," a teacher told the group.

Two of Blake's friends, twin brothers Austin and Dallas, lowered the flag to half staff. The flag was then given to Blake's parents...

There are still no suspects in the double murder. Blake's parents say police have been in contact with them almost daily and continue to follow up with leads. They say that makes this even harder.

TheIndyChannel.com - Local News - Friends, Family Hold Tearful Memorial For Slain Boy

... "He was funny. He was smart, especially at math," classmate Austin Lawson said.

"He was the best friend I ever had," said Trisha Goforth, as she looked down...

Messages of hope and healing written by Blake's schoolmates were placed around the roots of the tree to nourish and strengthen the tribute to their friend...

The family said police told them they aren't sharing much information on the case for fear it could jeopardize the integrity of the investigation.

Police asked anyone with information about the case to call Crime Stoppers at 317-262-TIPS.

WTHR - Indianapolis News and Weather - Fallen student memorialized at school

... Police investigated more than 250 leads but still there are no arrests.

For the children at Blake's school, there is still hurt, tears, and sadness.

They are holding on to their memories.

"I will always remember his winning smile and his fun loving personality," said one classmate.

Friends raised a flag in Blake's honor and held a moment of silence. Then they gave the flag to Blake's parents. Blake's father Sean Dickus fought back tears, remembering his son.

The students also planted an oak tree in Blake's honor and buried pieces of papers with messages to their beloved friend.

"Just as these pieces of paper came from trees, now they're going back to the circle of life to nourish the tree. Blake's tree," said one teacher...

The Franklin police chief says there are no suspects. The state police and FBI are also working the case. Chief John Borges says it could take months before the hundreds of pieces of evidence come back from the crime lab.

Hmmm, after having quickly skimmed through the posts in this thread: although this one could have money as a motive for hubby if the insurance would get him out of hock (he did mention they did not know how they were going to pay for everything before the crime) this sounds more like someone did a BTK copycat type of crime and either gained access to the home and hid to pounce later or who talked his way into the home on pretext of being a city worker or something similar. Wish I knew more about description of the shirt that was found.

On last night's 11:00 newscast (I can't recall which station), there was mention that the family was talking with American's Most Wanted about the possibility of a segment on this case. That was virtually all that was said, but I'll update if I hear anything further.

curious1 said:
I still have my doubts LTULegal.
me too kinda. Before he passed the lie detector i thought maybe he was punishing blake for something and the beating got out of hand and he killed the wife too to make it look like a murder by someone else.
mainly because blake was beaten and stab
idk

richandfamous said:
Cops say that all the time while they are investigating a crime.
"So and So is not a suspect at this time." He, (the hubby) said some pretty weird things when inteviewed on tv. Some say he was in shock and that certainly could be but it made the hair on my neck stand up. jmo
I agree and the fact that blake was beaten and stab i just can't loose the thought of discipline gone too far maybe
he is a x-marine and maybe he was mad enough i don't know it is just a thought that is heavy on my mind for some strange reason
i am hoping it is not the father but time will tell

But look at the Groene case from Idaho. There are some sick and evil people out there. He tied these people up, (two adults and one 13 year-old boy), before killing them one by one and abducting the two youngest. Two of them had to watch the first one being killed and one of them had to watch the second person being killed, knowing that they were next, (and never really knowing for sure what was going to happen to the youngest two).

My point is that the person could have attacked Blake so severely as a way to punish one of the adults, maybe even Chynna herself at the time of the murders. There is no larger way to terrorize a parent than to have them watch their child being hurt. I know that it's horrific to think about but sadly, it's happened before. It could even be that Blake was the target and Chynna got in the way.

Sabal said:

Prayer vigil honors slain boy

[font=HELVETICA, SANS SERIF]By MIKE GEORGE

[font=HELVETICA, SANS SERIF]Staff writer[/font]

[font=HELVETICA, SANS SERIF]Nearly 100 people stood quietly on the courthouse square in Franklin on Friday evening to remember 10-year-old Blake Dickus, who was killed last month.

Some stood quietly. A few stared into the sky in prayer. Many had tears in their eyes.

[/font][/font].

Assuming for a second that the father/husband is completely innocent, this is a common FBI technique, to have a memorial service held. While the service is going on, LE photos the crowd and writes down license plate numbers, often even checking the license plates of cars passing by. The perp will sometimes go to these services. IF the local LE thought of it, they may have even photographed the funerals and written down the license plates of those who attended. Sometimes LE will organize a tip line thing manned by local residents in hopes that one of the volunteers manning the phone will be the perp, and of course they'll run checks on those who volunteer to man the phones. Ted Bundy did that, he manned the phones during a tip line thing. Perps often like to find a way to insert themselves into the cases.

Even though LE says the dad/husband isn't a suspect, that doesn't mean anything. LE will often say that in order for the perp (in this case possibly the husband/father) to lower their guard and hopefully slip up.

The above ideas comes from several of John Douglas's books. He pioneered profiling while in the FBI.

Does seem strange to me that the son received the worst injuries. Has LE said whether either the step-mom or son were molested or posed? And if it wasn't the father/husband who committed the murders, the boy could have opened the door to a stranger without even thinking of possible dangers, which would allowed the perp access. I've always preached "safety" to my kids and we've always lived in a small, fairly safe town, but you never know. Too many sickos in the world today to even pretend we're safe.

An other twist to this case is the father did not attend the vigil for his son. However, about 2-3 weeks later the father and his exwife took a trip to Tennessee and on to North Carolina where they lived at the time they were married. How soon we forget and move on. This case is going to be interesting. May take a long time to find out the truth.
s_finch said:
Assuming for a second that the father/husband is completely innocent, this is a common FBI technique, to have a memorial service held. While the service is going on, LE photos the crowd and writes down license plate numbers, often even checking the license plates of cars passing by. The perp will sometimes go to these services. IF the local LE thought of it, they may have even photographed the funerals and written down the license plates of those who attended. Sometimes LE will organize a tip line thing manned by local residents in hopes that one of the volunteers manning the phone will be the perp, and of course they'll run checks on those who volunteer to man the phones. Ted Bundy did that, he manned the phones during a tip line thing. Perps often like to find a way to insert themselves into the cases.

Even though LE says the dad/husband isn't a suspect, that doesn't mean anything. LE will often say that in order for the perp (in this case possibly the husband/father) to lower their guard and hopefully slip up.

The above ideas comes from several of John Douglas's books. He pioneered profiling while in the FBI.

Does seem strange to me that the son received the worst injuries. Has LE said whether either the step-mom or son were molested or posed? And if it wasn't the father/husband who committed the murders, the boy could have opened the door to a stranger without even thinking of possible dangers, which would allowed the perp access. I've always preached "safety" to my kids and we've always lived in a small, fairly safe town, but you never know. Too many sickos in the world today to even pretend we're safe.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo
Back