IN IN - Debra Wilhite, 19, Evansville, 17 Oct 1974

The police should ask Wayne Gulley about Debbie and an abandoned white weather beaten barn with tall grass/weeds that is in Indiana. I don’t know if they ever have but I have a strong hunch they should.

Well, that's an interesting suggestion. If legit, please report it to local police, anonymously if you have to. And if you come back here, please explain further. Thank-you.

I Have Been Doing Some Digging On Debra’s Case And Happened Upon A Facebook Profile With The Name “Debbie Wilhite.” She Lives In Jeffersonville, Indiana And Doing A Name Lookup On Whitepages I Found Out That She Is 67 Years Old (Which Is How Old Debra Would Be Today) I Looked At Her Profile Pictures And She Really Does Look Similar To Debra. I Then Happened Upon A Picture Of A Man Next To Her Who I Presume To Be Her Son. I Did A Name Lookup On Whitepages On This Man As Well And Guess What, He Is 47 Years Old. According To Debra’s Husband At The Time She Disappeared She May Have Been Pregnant. This Matches The Man’s Age. I Really Think I Might Have Stumbled Upon Debra, If Not, This Is A Really Strange Coincidence! She Also Has Another Profile Picture With What Looks Like A Younger Picture Of Her With A Child, And This Definitely Bores A Striking Resemblance To Debra! I Don’t Know If I Should Link Her FB Page Here But If You Looked Up What I Said In The Beginning Of This Paragraph You Could Find The Profile Pretty Easily. Any Thoughts?

Last edited:
I Have Been Doing Some Digging On Debra’s Case And Happened Upon A Facebook Profile With The Name “Debbie Wilhite.” She Lives In Jeffersonville, Indiana And Doing A Name Lookup On Whitepages I Found Out That She Is 67 Years Old (Which Is How Old Debra Would Be Today) I Looked At Her Profile Pictures And She Really Does Look Similar To Debra. I Then Happened Upon A Picture Of A Man Next To Her Who I Presume To Be Her Son. I Did A Name Lookup On Whitepages On This Man As Well And Guess What, He Is 47 Years Old. According To Debra’s Husband At The Time She Disappeared She May Have Been Pregnant. This Matches The Man’s Age. I Really Think I Might Have Stumbled Upon Debra, If Not, This Is A Really Strange Coincidence! I Don’t Know If I Should Link Her FB Page Here But If You Looked Up What I Said In The Beginning Of This Paragraph You Could Find The Profile Pretty Easily. Any Thoughts?
I think you should report this to the ISP, Gibson AND Vanderburgh County Sheriffs. (I don't know why it continually says she is missing from Gibson Co. when Evansville is in Vanderburgh.)

I Have Been Doing Some Digging On Debra’s Case And Happened Upon A Facebook Profile With The Name “Debbie Wilhite.” She Lives In Jeffersonville, Indiana And Doing A Name Lookup On Whitepages I Found Out That She Is 67 Years Old (Which Is How Old Debra Would Be Today) I Looked At Her Profile Pictures And She Really Does Look Similar To Debra. I Then Happened Upon A Picture Of A Man Next To Her Who I Presume To Be Her Son. I Did A Name Lookup On Whitepages On This Man As Well And Guess What, He Is 47 Years Old. According To Debra’s Husband At The Time She Disappeared She May Have Been Pregnant. This Matches The Man’s Age. I Really Think I Might Have Stumbled Upon Debra, If Not, This Is A Really Strange Coincidence! She Also Has Another Profile Picture With What Looks Like A Younger Picture Of Her With A Child, And This Definitely Bores A Striking Resemblance To Debra! I Don’t Know If I Should Link Her FB Page Here But If You Looked Up What I Said In The Beginning Of This Paragraph You Could Find The Profile Pretty Easily. Any Thoughts?
Interesting! I do see a resemblance but I'm wondering how the name 'Brawner' would fit into the scenario plus the fact that she is using the name Wilhite as well. You would think if this was her married name from when she was 19, that she would not still be using it if remarried.

Last edited:
Bumping. Did the police call back about this?

Bumping. Did the police call back about this?

The Sherry Lee Gibson case caught my eye, and it's crazy that this was something I saw by coincidence! I knew the Alton family. Lindy Alton's (the boyfriend who was present when Sherry was taken) brother had a granddaughter who was my childhood friend. She passed away a few years ago. I can sort of see these being linked. It all depends on where Wayne was living.

The Sherry Lee Gibson case caught my eye, and it's crazy that this was something I saw by coincidence! I knew the Alton family. Lindy Alton's (the boyfriend who was present when Sherry was taken) brother had a granddaughter who was my childhood friend. She passed away a few years ago. I can sort of see these being linked. It all depends on where Wayne was living.
Also, Wayne Gulley is deceased according to an Indiana inmate search, so we may never know.
Not sure about Ella Mae Dicks, because she is not in the database, nor the Knox County database.

Well, that's an interesting suggestion. If legit, please report it to local police, anonymously if you have to. And if you come back here, please explain further. Thank-you.

I was vague mainly because I’m new here and didn’t know the rules about sharing information that might be considered “unconventional” (like remote viewing etc.) I didn’t want to sound disrespectful as I know people’s loved ones view threads like this and it would be hard for me to explain that in October 2018, someone I thought was named “Debbie Wheeler” told me people were looking for her (as in she was missing), in my sleep. It was at least a year or so of me asking her questions because it was unbelievable even to me but I have detailed notes of what was said, photos that matched what she showed me, and I’d even gone to a psychic site, one of the only ones where her case was posted (which is how I matched the face I saw to her actual name), but the site is largely defunct now and my comment about Ms. Debbi on that site was never received for that reason. So I’ve been sitting with this since 2018 with nowhere I’d be believed basically.

If it doesn’t violate the rules nor offend anyone, I’m willing to share what was said, how I received it, and why they haven’t found any trace of her. If this isn’t the right forum, can someone please help me out by pointing me in the right direction? Thank you!

I was vague mainly because I’m new here and didn’t know the rules about sharing information that might be considered “unconventional” (like remote viewing etc.) I didn’t want to sound disrespectful as I know people’s loved ones view threads like this and it would be hard for me to explain that in October 2018, someone I thought was named “Debbie Wheeler” told me people were looking for her (as in she was missing), in my sleep. It was at least a year or so of me asking her questions because it was unbelievable even to me but I have detailed notes of what was said, photos that matched what she showed me, and I’d even gone to a psychic site, one of the only ones where her case was posted (which is how I matched the face I saw to her actual name), but the site is largely defunct now and my comment about Ms. Debbi on that site was never received for that reason. So I’ve been sitting with this since 2018 with nowhere I’d be believed basically.

If it doesn’t violate the rules nor offend anyone, I’m willing to share what was said, how I received it, and why they haven’t found any trace of her. If this isn’t the right forum, can someone please help me out by pointing me in the right direction? Thank you!
I cant speak for WS but they prefer to stay off psychic or similar discussions. Maybe red d or similar forum would be ok.

I cant speak for WS but they prefer to stay off psychic or similar discussions. Maybe red d or similar forum would be ok.
Thank you so much for your kindness and understanding. I will post it on Red.d.

Did you ever send this info in to LE?

Depending on the source, Debra disappeared on 14th or 17th of October, 1974.
I think it was on 14th of October, because her husband reported her missing two days later, that is 17th of October. Apparently, on 19th of October he even reported she had stolen his car and he had filed for divorce.
There's another odd detail:
"Rhodes said one of the first things he did in the investigation was interview the Windmill's owner and employees about the night Debra went missing, with conflicting results.
"These conversations were a year and a half after she went missing," he said."

Why so late? Can we really trust their testimonies when they were interviewed a year and a half later? I don't think they were lying, but I doubt the accuracy.
Do we really know Debra didn't show up at the bar to pick her husband up? I mean, the only thing we have to prove that is his own testomony and the phone call (Jeffrey phoned his mother-in-law to say he wasn't going to pick up her daughters).
I think his behaviour after her disappearance is rather odd.
1680349842023.jpg

636582798018389625-Dwilhite-pic.jpg

Debra Ann Wilhite, 19
Missing since mid October 1974

Below: 1966 Green two door Ford Galaxie similar to the one owned by Debra Ann Wilhite.

She obviously couldn't give the stranger a ride to Indianapolis as she had to pick up her daughters and husband, but maybe she agreed with him just to give him a ride to some point where he felt he had a good chance of hitching a more Iong distance ride to Indianopolis. Is Princeton ( where she lived ) or Elberfield ( where her mother lived and where she left her two daughters before work )on the way/closer to Indianapolis than Evansville is? I've never been to Indiana and I'm not good with online maps. It seems somewhat odd to me when he was looking for a ride to Indianapolis that he'd leave with someone who obviously couldn't give him a ride there. It was a truck stop restaurant, surely he may have had a better chance finding a ride to Indianopolis there than leaving with someone local who couldn't give him a ride to where he was going? Just some details that seem odd to me unless he already had plans to dispose of her, steal her car, and then drive himself wherever..as seems to have been the case.

Or maybe he told her he just wanted a ride to his motel room in Evansville or alleged motel room if that's all she could do? He may have been looking for someone to give him a ride the next day or claimed he was.. It is indeed possible some of these details got mixed up as her coworkers and boss weren't interviewed until long after. I think her husband just had some misplaced anger after her disapearence. He may not have been aware of the stranger her coworkers knew of. On another note, are there any bodies of water around there? Maybe ( as it was a rainy night) she actually drove into water, thus explaining why her car has never turned up either. The stranger sounds very suspicious, but perhaps it was just an odd coincidence.

She obviously couldn't give the stranger a ride to Indianapolis as she had to pick up her daughters and husband, but maybe she agreed with him just to give him a ride to some point where he felt he had a good chance of hitching a more Iong distance ride to Indianopolis. Is Princeton ( where she lived ) or Elberfield ( where her mother lived and where she left her two daughters before work )on the way/closer to Indianapolis than Evansville is? I've never been to Indiana and I'm not good with online maps. It seems somewhat odd to me when he was looking for a ride to Indianapolis that he'd leave with someone who obviously couldn't give him a ride there. It was a truck stop restaurant, surely he may have had a better chance finding a ride to Indianopolis there than leaving with someone local who couldn't give him a ride to where he was going? Just some details that seem odd to me unless he already had plans to dispose of her, steal her car, and then drive himself wherever..as seems to have been the case.
Princeton and Elberfield are literal suburbs of Evansville. Back then (I 69 did not exist) Indianapolis was easily 2.5 - 3 hours away by car.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado
Back