IN IN - Delano Wilson, 1 mo., Indianapolis, 27 Aug 2014 - #1 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the fourth day of 6-week-old Delano Wilson's disappearance, his family and community leaders gathered this afternoon to pray that he is still alive and that whoever knows his whereabouts would come forward.

"We're here because a family, a mother and a father is grieving and full of pain," said the Rev. Malachi Walker, director of Young Men Inc. "We're not here to point fingers or to pass judgment."

Lou Johnson, the boy's aunt, said the past three days have been devastating for Delano's parents, who have been together for two years. Delano is their first and only child.

"They can't eat, can't drink, can't sleep," Johnson said. "We got all the baby stuff. ... It's painful for them to see all the baby stuff and the baby's not there. All we want is the baby back."

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/...ssing-indianapolis-baby-still-alive/14874595/

I knew how that sounded when I posted it. :blush: Though honestly, I don't think I have ever met a guy that didn't know something about cars. Even little kids, boys in 3rd or 4th grade surprise me with how much knowledge they have about makes and models. Video games which include cars.... It would be hard for me to find a guy who would mix up makes and models.

I know--I'm just teasing you. I have a video of my son when he was two and a half, and he identified about 25 different makes and models of cars. Of course, we thought it was cute so we used to egg him on so don't really know if it's nature or nurture :)

One time when he was three I took him to see Dan Zanes and Friends downtown, and after the concert he and I piddled around in the alley for 45 minutes trying to get a glimpse of the band. Finally out the door comes Dan Zanes with crazy hair and a banana yellow suit and tie, says "Hey there", and puts out his hand. My son's chin dropped. He shook his hand and said, "Hi Dan Zanes what kind of a car do you drive?".

On the fourth day of 6-week-old Delano Wilson's disappearance, his family and community leaders gathered this afternoon to pray that he is still alive and that whoever knows his whereabouts would come forward.

"We're here because a family, a mother and a father is grieving and full of pain," said the Rev. Malachi Walker, director of Young Men Inc. "We're not here to point fingers or to pass judgment."

Lou Johnson, the boy's aunt, said the past three days have been devastating for Delano's parents, who have been together for two years. Delano is their first and only child.

"They can't eat, can't drink, can't sleep," Johnson said. "We got all the baby stuff. ... It's painful for them to see all the baby stuff and the baby's not there. All we want is the baby back."

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/...ssing-indianapolis-baby-still-alive/14874595/

Does she mean she took all the baby's things from their home??

I found a sight that did a statement analysis on mom's interview. Can I post it?

I'm married to one, and mother to another...Mr. Carbuff probably couldn't tell a Yaris from an F-250.

I meant logos more than models. Between commercials and online logos, boys tend to recognize the difference between makes. Anyway, it's really neither here nor there. I did not mean to offend anyone and I apologize if I did.

I meant logos more than models. Between commercials and online logos, boys tend to recognize the difference between makes. Anyway, it's really neither here nor there. I did not mean to offend anyone and I apologize if I did.

No apology necessary.

Does she mean she took all the baby's things from their home??

IMO, she is saying there are baby items everywhere in the house, then further explains why looking at those items is difficult.

IMO, she is saying there are baby items everywhere in the house, then further explains why looking at those items is difficult.

Ahhh. I misunderstood "got" as in she took the items.

I found a sight that did a statement analysis on mom's interview. Can I post it?

Hi perfectingpink :)

Can you tell me the name and I'll see if its allowed? I know we do allow one but not sure who it is. I'll find out and let you know.

There are 5 different pictures that the media has released. If you google image his name, you'll see them. A couple of them have been cropped on a few different sites, but there are 5 photos.

10620744_10152459471866144_8247695131142424565_n.jpgs-DELANO-WILSON-large.jpgdelano-wilson1.jpgamber29n-3-web.jpg

BwFn66NIQAAQrNP.jpg

BBM those two things stand out as odd. No one deserves to have a child taken from them, age is irrelevant. I don't know how her getting a job 2 days ago figures into what she is saying.

Why were those two specific things mentioned? Did a reporter ask her age? Did they ask about her getting a job? Is it a job she had prior to having Delano? Had she been released from her doctor to go back to work?

No one was asking her questions when she said everything I typed.

The only other case I remember where an amber alert was canceled so quickly w/o finding the child was Lisa Irwin, the amber alert in that case was canceled within the first 24 hours.

This reminds me of her case....baby Lisa is one of those babies I'll never forget about. Someone got away with murder...IMO

Hi perfectingpink :)

Can you tell me the name and I'll see if its allowed? I know we do allow one but not sure who it is. I'll find out and let you know.

I sent it to you via my yahoo email.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members