IN- Evansville Three Dead in Home Explosion

IceIce9

Verified EMT
Reaction score

One other person has been hospitalized after the blast, Connelly said in an update from the scene. But the search for any additional victims, as well as the removal of debris, has been temporarily paused so the ATF can run a "blast analysis."

“There could be other victims," he said. "We have not yet completed our search.”

There have been two other home explosions in Evansville in recent years.

On April 3, 2004, a natural gas explosion leveled a house at 3307 Lincoln Ave., killing 89-year-old owner Daisy Pauline Hardy. A visitor to the home, Josie Williams, died later from burn injuries at Vanderbilt Hospital in Nashville.

The blast also injured Vectren employee Mark Rexing, who was preparing to relight the pilot light. An Evansville Fire Department investigator said that a gas leak occurred after city water department employees mistook the gas line to Hardy's house for a water line.

As soon as I heard about this on the news I came right here to see if anybody thinks that this may be tied to the Abby and Libby case/KAK and/or the potential CSAM ring.

As soon as I heard about this on the news I came right here to see if anybody thinks that this may be tied to the Abby and Libby case/KAK and/or the potential CSAM ring.
Nah. My daughter lives in Evansville. This is is an area of run down old homes and fairly high crime. Likely meth lab.
Abby and Libby died 150-ish miles away.

On Thursday afternoon, these victims were identified as 43-year-old Charles Hite, 37-year-old Martina Hite and 29-year-old Jessica Teague. All three were from Evansville.

Chief Connelly says two of those three were in the home where the explosion happened. He says the third victim was a neighbor
Coroner releases names of victims killed in Evansville house explosion

Nah. My daughter lives in Evansville. This is is an area of run down old homes and fairly high crime. Likely meth lab.

Delphi is closer to Chicago than to Evansville. Evansville is on the Ohio River, which serves as Indiana's southern border & separates Indiana and Kentucky.

Roughly a 4 hour drive south from Delphi to Evansville.

jmho ymmv lrr

There was also clarification on 14News that no gas leaks were detected "in the area or outside the house" but Vectren could not confirm or deny a leak inside the house.
I did not mean to cast aspersions on the deceased victims - but the original interview seemed to downplay a natural gas leak significantly.

.​

Investigation Continues​

IN- Three Dead in Home Explosion - Evansville,​

Vanderburgh County - 10 August 2022​

Google™ Supplements & Updates:

16 August Courier Press:

[Above Article Explores Some Investigation Techniques]

Residential Gas Leak Detectors

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics