IN - Four children, ages 2-8, murdered in Elkhart home, 14 Nov 2006

Dark Knight said:
Apparently she was hopsitalized for 12 days with depression after losing her job a month ago, according to her husband.
Certainly the father is not to "blame." It's a long stretch to think that someone who was hospitalized for depression would murder her children. IMHO.

southcitymom said:
Certainly the father is not to "blame." It's a long stretch to think that someone who was hospitalized for depression would murder her children. IMHO.
I agree.

cynpat2000 said:
Here we go again, in the second story the father said the woman had mental issues..if he knew that why did he leave the children alone with her???This has got to stop.
The courts are so slow to recognize an unfit parent and now there are 4 dead kids. Makes me wonder about some of the "abducted by family" missing kids, surely sometimes those doing the abducting knows that it's the only way to save their child's life,,,,,course then sometimes it's the unfit ones who do the abducting. So do you wait and hope the court makes the right decision before your kids are killed or do you take them and run???? I have a friend who has no choice but to abide by a court order to allow her ex to get the kids for the weekend. He's a known drug abuser and possible dealer and totally a nut case (I've known him a long time, so I know it's true) but she can't get the goods on him to prove to the court that he's unfit. So he takes off with the kids and I'm scared to death he's gonna end up killing them while drugging and driving. So sad.

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

GOSHEN, Ind. — An Elkhart woman who pleaded guilty to strangling her four young children was sentenced Monday to life in prison without parole in each child's death.

Angelica Alvarez, 27, told Elkhart Circuit Judge Terry Shewmaker she repented for what she had done and accepted responsibility for the murders of Jennifer Lopez, 8, Gonzalo Lopez, 6, Daniel Valdez, 4, and Jessica Valdez, 2, on Nov. 14, 2006.

Alvarez pleaded guilty to four counts of murder on Sept. 4 in return for Prosecutor Curtis Hill Jr. agreeing not to seek the death penalty.

More at link.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,297957,00.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname