IN-Grandfather charged cruise ship death of Chloe Wiegand MEDIA TIMELINE NO DISCUSSION

Toddler slips from grandfather’s arms, falls to her death from 11th floor of Royal Caribbean’s Freedom of the Seas

The toddler’s maternal grandfather, identified as Salvatore Anello, was reportedly playfully dangling the child from one of the ship’s port-side windows when he lost his grasp, sending the girl plummeting into an awning before she landed on the concrete dock below. “It’s a very grave scene, very regrettable and tragic,” Elmer Román, an official with the Puerto Rican Department of Public Security, told Puerto Rico’s Primera Hora newspaper. “One of the grandfathers, whom it would appear was playing with the little girl, lifted her out of the open window and lost his grip
Toddler slips from grandfather's arms, falls to her death from 11th floor of cruise ship
The toddler's maternal grandfather, identified as Salvatore Anello, was reportedly playfully dangling the child from one of the ship's port-side windows when he lost his grasp, sending the girl plummeting into an awning before she landed on the concrete dock below.

"It's a very grave scene, very regrettable and tragic," Elmer Román, an official with the Puerto Rican Department of Public Security, told Puerto Rico's Primera Hora newspaper. "One of the grandfathers, whom it would appear was playing with the little girl, lifted her out of the open window and lost his grip."

Attorney: Girl Fell to Death From Open Window on Cruise Ship
snipped -
Girl Fell to Death From Open Window on Cruise Ship: Lawyer
Girl_Fell_to_Death_From_Open_Window_on_Cruise_Ship_Lawy.jpg

An 18-month-old Indiana girl who fell to her death from the 11th story of a cruise ship in Puerto Rico plunged from a window inexplicably left open in a children's play area, the family's attorney said Tuesday. Police in Puerto Rico had said Monday that Chloe Wiegand apparently slipped from her grandfather's hands Sunday as he was holding her out ........

The 51-year-old Valparaiso man said he was trying to stand her on the window's railing when she plunged from the open window to the dock far below. He said that "it happened in seconds".
"I saw her fall. I saw her fall the whole way down. I saw her fall, and I was just in disbelief. I was like, 'Oh my God,' and then I just remember screaming that I thought there was glass there," Anello said in an interview that aired Tuesday
"I just never saw it. I've been told that that's a reason it might have happened," he said, referring to the eyesight condition

'I saw her fall': Grandfather describes harrowing moment he dropped granddaughter to her death

From Australian news

Despite the name, color blindnessdoesn't mean that people see the world in black and white. More than 99% of all colorblind people can, in fact, see color.Because of this, the term "color vision deficiency" (CVD) is considered to be more accurate. According to color-blindness.com, around 0.5% of women (1 in 200) and 8% of men (1 in 12) suffer from some form of CVD. There are several types of colorblindness, such as Deuteranomalia (which makes everything look a little faded), Protanopia (which makes everything seem a little green), and Tritanopia (greenish-pink tones), and only around 0.00003% of the world’s population suffers from total color blindness (Monochromacy).
You’ll Be Amazed How People With Color Blindness See The World (57 Pics)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsweek.com/royal-caribbean-cruise-chloe-wiegand-grandfather-1473200%3famp
Snipped
During his brief appearance, no evidence was presented as the judge allowed the prosecution and defense more time to prepare ahead of his next court date on December 17, when a trial date will be set.

The family of the 18-month girl has long maintained that her death was an accident and Anello is not criminally responsible.

Grandfather of Toddler Who Fell to Death on Cruise Ship Charged by Police

Police originally alleged that Chloe fell from Anello's grasp as he held her up to the window. Chloe's parents, Alan and Kimberly Wiegand, said the child accidentally fell through the window, which Anello didn't realize was open, after he placed her on a rail so she could bang on it.

A spokesperson for Michael Winkleman, the family’s attorney, provided a statement to the Washington Post: “The family was pleased with Sam’s interview as it gave a glimpse into Sam’s love for Chloe and it also touched on what a special child she was. Sam’s interview further makes clear that this was a tragic accident and that there are no grounds for any criminal charges against Sam. It is the family’s wish that any and all criminal charges be dropped so that they can grieve as a family.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/trav...ind-thats-reason-that-it-might-have-happened/

Indiana family 'in shock' after toddler dies following 11-story fall from cruise ship
Snipped- bbm
Police Sgt. Nelson Sotelo told The Associated Press that the girl's grandfather, identified as Salvatore Anello of Valparaiso, Indiana, told officers he lost his grip while holding her outside a window on the 11th story of Royal Caribbean's Freedom of the Seas while it was still docked in San Juan, police said Monday. According to deck plans, the 11th floor is home to the pool area, restaurants and the spa.

Parents of Chloe Wiegand sue Royal Caribbean over her death | Daily Mail Online

• The suit, due to be filed Wednesday, accuses the cruise company of breaching industry safety standards by having large glass windows on their ships
"....Harrowing crime scene photos taken moments after Indiana toddler Chloe Wiegand fell to her death from the 11th deck of a cruise ship can be revealed for the first time tonight as part of a bombshell negligence lawsuit that could net her parents tens of millions...

Here’s the local take :
Family of Granger child who fell to her death announces lawsuit against Royal Caribbean
Today's press conference starts at 10 a.m. Our Katlin Connin will be there. Watch the news conference live at 10 and catch her live report on WSBT 22 News at Midday
Family of Granger toddler who died in cruise ship fall to announce lawsuit against Royal Caribbean

SOUTH BEND — The family of a Granger toddler who died after falling from an open window on a cruise ship plans to sue Royal Caribbean Cruises for what they say is the company’s role in the child’s death.

The family of Chloe Wiegand will hold a news conference today at the Fraternal Order of Police Lodge 36 in South Bend to announce the filing of the lawsuit.

According to Michael Winkleman, an attorney for the Wiegand family, the purpose of the news conference is “to continue to raise awareness about window fall dangers and to honor Chloe’s memory by fighting for justice.”

The lawsuit will be a wrongful death case against the cruise line for “the failure to have windows that are compliant with the well-established window fall prevention codes,” Winkleman said in a statement.

A spokeswoman for the family said the lawsuit will likely be filed on Tuesday in Miami.

Chloe’s parents, Alan and Kim Wiegand, and grandfather, Salvatore are scheduled to speak at the event.

Family of toddler who fell from cruise ship to announce lawsuit
By 16 News Now |
Posted: Tue 5:23 PM, Dec 10, 2019 |
Updated: Wed 4:40 AM, Dec 11, 2019
(WNDU) - The family of Chloe Wiegand will hold a press conference Wednesday to announce a lawsuit against Royal Carribean.

Chloe died tragically after falling from an open window on a ship operated by the cruise line. It was docked in Puerto Rico.

Her grandfather, Salvatore Anello, was holding her up to play at the time. He has been charged with negligent .

I've heard from many of you, tonight, about the television program in Puerto Rico which aired the surveillance video showing the final moments of little Chloe Wiegand's life before her grandfather dropped her from a cruise ship window in Puerto Rico. Know this...

David Begnaud on Twitter

David Begnaud‏Verified account @DavidBegnaud
To he clear: we were not given the video; we were only allowed to view it so that we could see for ourselves what happened. Based on what I saw I reported. I don't have a copy of the video. It has since been linked to an outlet in Puerto Rico.

Here's the link .... La Comay - MEGA TV

The video post is dated 13 hours ago.
The post before it (dated 17 hours ago) says ... Exclusive | the comay has the videos of the moment the girl Chloe Weigand falls into the void of the cruise! 5:55 pm ... so they evidently showed it on TV as well.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back