IN - Grandfather charged in cruise ship death of toddler Chloe Wiegand #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
-10:38 - "He picks up the girl and puts her on the wooden rail. She is seated in front of him..."
-10:22 - "Right now we're going to see that he holds her OUTSIDE of the window... 5, 6, 7 seconds pass and there she goes..."

-10:18 is the exact moment he can be seen holding her (literally) OUTSIDE of the window pane.

I had my cruise rules emailed to me when I checked in online - I haven’t read them yet but wanted to see if they added any language about passing the plane of the window with your body or your child’s body? I hope you are having a fantastic time ! Your pictures were awesome - thanks

Little Chloe is on my mind oviedo as I’m sure she’ll be on yours as well. I see little children being watched over by parents being held on hips, prams and held by little hands. I haven’t once seen a child let loose to run toward any side of the ship unattended. How could I not now notice these things now knowing what I’ve seen and read.

-10:38 - "He picks up the girl and puts her on the wooden rail. She is seated in front of him..."
-10:22 - "Right now we're going to see that he holds her OUTSIDE of the window... 5, 6, 7 seconds pass and... there she goes... you then see the pandemonium of the other passengers..."

-10:18 is the exact moment that she is being held OUTSIDE of the window past the window pane.

I'm still shocked after seeing the video this afternoon. I thought that he was reckless, doing what the CBS reporter and Anello described as seating Chloe on a railing and leaning forward towards the window frame to look out-and that she had slipped through his arm and momentum carried her forward, outward and down. But what is on the video is horrendous: he leans far out the window frame before picking her up, then the two of them disappear together through the window frame, his whole upper body outside with her. There's no way she could have fallen on the floor, she appeared to be entirely out of the window frame before she fell. I'm just stunned that he doesn't acknowledge what he did. Can he be required to view the video in court and explain his actions?

Along the line it was said that Chloe hit an awning.
I am on level 10 and looking up at level 11 which is wider.

Here is 11 from level 14.

Attachments

• 255FFDC2-2359-4F18-A7F6-62E4703363BE.jpeg
    255FFDC2-2359-4F18-A7F6-62E4703363BE.jpeg
    78.9 KB · Views: 168
  • 4E514C64-1F10-4F51-8322-5084F84A5ED4.jpeg
    4E514C64-1F10-4F51-8322-5084F84A5ED4.jpeg
    112.8 KB · Views: 153
Along the line it was said that Chloe hit an awning.
I am on level 10 and looking up at level 11 which is wider.

Here is 11 from level 14.
Omg I had forgotten the awning - I admire your willingness to document all of this - I’m now a Little worried that this will be so much harder for me to do knowing what we all now know to be true ... seeing all this truly makes it real and if this happened to my child -I wouldn’t be able to speak IMO let alone do several interviews and engage in a very public lawsuit - omg this is beyond awful
JMO

Yeah, and what's up with that? Remember, Winkleman claimed there were no eyewitnesses, prosecution claims to have witnesses both inside and out and the video clearly shows people nearby. In fact, if I saw correctly, there was someone right next to SA at the moment Chloe fell.

I was surprised how many people were in the area.

Winkleman Stmt. re "No Eyewitnesses"
Yeah, and what's up with that? Remember, Winkleman claimed there were no eyewitnesses, prosecution claims to have witnesses both inside and out and the video clearly shows people nearby. In fact, if I saw correctly, there was someone right next to SA at the moment Chloe fell.
@MsMarple :) Yes, yes, yes. But IIRC, he said, ~ "No eyewitnesses have come forward" my emphasis on not 'come forward.' I remember thinking (perhaps posting, sorry no link) ~ Maybe eyewitnesses have not come forward to Winkleman, but the Prosecutor may have sworn stmts from ten eyewitnesses - passengers and/or cruiseline employees - and some of those witnesses may have provided their personal videos to prosecutors as well. jmo.

I was surprised how many people were in the area.

Probably enjoying the fresh air. And getting drinks. I would really like to see evidence, rather than word of mouth, from Winkleman, how much SA had to drink that day. According to Winkleman, SA was "not a drinker". Hmmmm...

Apparently, SA is not much of a babysitter either.

-10:22 - "Right now we're going to see that he holds her OUTSIDE of the window... 5, 6, 7 seconds pass and there she goes..."

-10:18 is the exact moment he can be seen holding her (literally) OUTSIDE of the window pane.
bbm

Sounds like he DID dangle her ?
At least-- that was what was first described by the RCCL employees , as they related this to PR LE.

Wow. I agree that it was crowded.
There have to be witnesses. Although OMG what a thing to witness!
This guy needs to face what did actually happen!
Can’t wait til I can say what I see that he did!

This video is like forensics, DNA, cell towers records, electronic foot prints...no way around it! MOO

I plan to copy your posts to the media thread tomorrow once your translation is complete - then I will be out on the cruise so my hope is that others will keep our media thread updated please - I know we have many faithful sleuthers and a lot of guests following this for justice for Chloe
JMO

BBM Why in the world would he DO that???

I plan to copy your posts to the media thread tomorrow once your translation is complete - then I will be out on the cruise so my hope is that others will keep our media thread updated please - I know we have many faithful sleuthers and a lot of guests following this for justice for Chloe
JMO
I've been on La Comay's Facebook site where their video is posted, along with many comments in Spanish. It only takes a few moments to use Google translate to read the comments in English and it is very interesting. One comment is that they are glad the incident happened in PR rather than in the US, because they believe that they value children's lives to a greater degree than in the US, and that Chloe will be more likely to get true justice there. And there are theories expressed about the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndieLiz