IN - Grandfather charged in cruise ship death of toddler Chloe Wiegand #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have we heard from the lawyer or the family since the video was leaked? Other than they were disappointed since they were trying to protect their son.

I can’t imagine how they can go forward with any claim against RCCL.

Yup. The photo where you can see the tent erected on the dock below (which is the same photo attached to the lawsuit) shows that.

Assuming this is actually a picture from the crime scene.... Do we know who took that picture?
I guess it's possible it's from the criminal case discovery since they filed after he was charged. Maybe that's part of why they waited to file... to get any information they wanted from the criminal discovery too.

If she was sitting on the guard railing she would have fallen between the space between the railing and the window sill, unless her legs were outside, imo.

That was my initial impression, before the video. But, after the "post Chloe interview" on tv, I seriously took another critical analysis of the situation.

INMO, I wonder if that is also why charges were filed.

Assuming this is actually a picture from the crime scene.... Do we know who took that picture?
I guess it's possible it's from the criminal case discovery since they filed after he was charged. Maybe that's part of why they waited to file... to get any information they wanted from the criminal discovery too.

Photo caption says ..... "Picture: Lipcon, Margulies, Alsina Winkleman, P.A."

Chilling photo from toddler’s cruise death

Maybe this was addressed earlier and I missed it.... if so my apologies.

wouldn’t you feel the air coming through the open window into your face before you picked her up? the comido video seems to show him sticking head into opening past the rail, then turn and bend to pick her up.

and, am I just over protective in that I wouldn’t lift my child to allow her to bang on any glass for fear it would break?

i was a complete helicopter parent so wondering if my expectation isn’t appropriate...
I wouldn't want my kids banging on glass windows. Especially if they were leaning up against the the window, which was 125 feet above a concrete deck.

The majority of his senses failed him that day. His sense of touch, sight, sound, smell...

It is baffling. This complete failing of senses makes me strongly suspect some type of mind altering substance was used.

Because the WIND. From everything I could find the higher you are the stronger the wind feels, and being that high by the water there is always a breeze.

Was he so incapacitated he was unable to process this?
I don't think his senses failed him. I think he was lying.

He KNEW the window was open. He knew that when he lifted her up and set her on that ledge.

He is lying about it because he doesn't want to be charged with criminal negligence. But he knew.

Photo caption says ..... "Picture: Lipcon, Margulies, Alsina Winkleman, P.A."

Chilling photo from toddler’s cruise death

Yes but is that who provided it or who photographed it?
Because if Winkleman took that picture AND is claiming it's the crime scene... that would mean Winkleman was there while it was still a crime scene. Which would make absolutely no sense at all.

Exactly! In my opinion, he is making it up as he goes along.

This is all just so bizarre...from the grandfather actions and the grandfather and the attorney’s stories/explanations of the event to the rest of the family‘s actions. It is all quite baffling.
Not to me, it isn't. I had this figured out right from the beginning. Hopefully all is in the process of being exposed and the proper justice meted out!!

I really really don’t want to think it was foul play but....the more I look the worse it is.

right.....when you simply look at the video and then the pics of the window measurements, etc., it really does seem intentionally criminal.

But when you think about it, it is illogical. Why would he do that? Why would anyone do that (other than an evil sociopath that we do read about on WS).

right.....when you simply look at the video and then the pics of the window measurements, etc., it really does seem intentionally criminal.

But when you think about it, it is illogical. Why would he do that? Why would anyone do that (other than an evil sociopath that we do read about on WS).
BBM Because...money. Right from the start this has been a major money grub. It really has. And that is the one thing that got my suspicions going. It was IMMEDIATE.

BBM Because...money. Right from the start this has been a major money grub. It really has. And that is the one thing that got my suspicions going. It was IMMEDIATE.
Sure. But with thought, he’d have to be an evil sociopath?

There could be many other options to sue a cruise ship for money than to throw a baby out a window to a horrific death? Food poisoning, slip and fall, etc. But throwing a baby out a window for a settlement? I can’t go there yet. I just can’t. But then I watch the video.

Sure. But with thought, he’d have to be an evil sociopath?

There could be many other options to sue a cruise ship for money than to throw a baby out a window to a horrific death? Food poisoning, slip and fall, etc. But throwing a baby out a window for a settlement? I can’t go there yet. I just can’t. But then I watch the video.
I don't like going there either. But this story is fishier than a mackerel stew. For example, WHY would SA have to lie and change his story if it really was a stupid accident?

'Just discovered the www.weremember condolence site which includes more photos of CW and her family. KW replies to some of CW's rememberance stories from family, friends, and the public. Very sad a child so young ended up on this site instead of living.....

Last edited:
Yes, and IMOO SA had to work pretty had to dump Chloe out that window. He had to put some real muscle on it. The La Comay video clearly shows him lift and forcefully throw her out that window. That's why it was made available for everyone to see, it's unmistakeable and proves all SA's dumb excuses are lies.

this makes me incredibly sad. I only watched the video once (that was enough!) and I felt it looked like he threw her right out the window. Poor Chloe didn’t have a chance :( All imo

I think that is just being benevolent in the time of the family's loss and grief.

I work for a large company with a floor full of lawyers and I will tell you that we are very careful after something happens (big or small) to make sure our response is appropriate to the situation and a lot of thought goes into our response to it because of how it can be perceived later. Sad but true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member