GUILTY IN - Grandfather charged in cruise ship death of toddler Chloe Wiegand #9 *NO JAIL*

Hoping, as sad as their loss is, the Wiegands are just gonna get on with their lives. Let it go.

Had they fixated their anger on the grandfather, they might be able to let it go. I don’t understand absolving SA. Are they truly that dysfunctional as a family? Silence from the father’s family tells me everything.

Had they fixated their anger on the grandfather, they might be able to let it go. I don’t understand absolving SA. Are they truly that dysfunctional as a family? Silence from the father’s family tells me everything.

I truly believe they wanted the money more than they wanted answers.

Another cruise ship tragedy.

A 15-year-old teen died Wednesday after falling overboard a ship returning to Miami from a 5-night trip to the Caribbean and Bahamas.

Teen dies after falling overboard from cruise ship returning to Miami

One passenger tells Crew Center saying: "We just had 3 emergency blasts following captain’s announcement 'Man Overboard.' People started running to the sides to investigate what happen, although it's nighttime. A crew member came to our cabin and instructed us to close the balcony door and draw the blinds. Police will board tomorrow when we return to Miami to investigate this tragic event."

Jumping and falling are 2 different things...
It was originally reported that he fell overboard, with “Man Overboard” alerts announced.

But apparently the victim did not go into the water but on to a lower deck.

The Miami-Dade Police Department tells PEOPLE that a 15-year-old boy, aboard the MSC Cruise ship, "jumped from a balcony" and landed on one of the decks below. The local medical examiner has ruled the death a suicide.
Teen Dead After Falling Multiple Floors on Cruise Ship in Suspected Suicide

From the link:

Testimony from Elton Koopman, a former security officer of Royal Caribbean, was cited in the Appeals Court decision today.

"He (Koopman) and other crew members discussed at safety meetings the problem of adults holding children in front of open windows Koopman testified that Royal Caribbean knew about the risk of children falling through open windows and adults holding children in front of open windows."

Royal Caribbean argues Koopman is a disgruntled ex-employee.

If true then it’s important since it indicates RC was aware of concerns about children falling out of open windows. How that impacts this case will be determined by a jury but it doesn’t change the particular facts of Chloe’s death. Anello practically hung her out over the pavement below and was found guilty of negligent homicide.

I haven’t thought about this case in a long time. I hope this lawsuit goes nowhere. I guess I really hoped the family would just move along, still grieving of course, but letting lawsuits go. There is still no way she would have fallen and died if Grandpa hadn’t lifted her up to and through the window. IMO it still wasn’t a kids play area and the ship is not at fault here.

I haven’t thought about this case in a long time. I hope this lawsuit goes nowhere. I guess I really hoped the family would just move along, still grieving of course, but letting lawsuits go. There is still no way she would have fallen and died if Grandpa hadn’t lifted her up to and through the window. IMO it still wasn’t a kids play area and the ship is not at fault here.
My thoughts exactly.

Pure speculation on my part but if it goes to trial and the jury finds negligence by RC then IMO they’ll also find Anello negligent for a percentage. That would reduce the money amount RC would have to pay. I think the jury can also determine the award amount which in theory could be very low. Or high.

IOW there are many possible outcomes. All I know is that it’s impossible to control stupidity all the time.

From the link:

Testimony from Elton Koopman, a former security officer of Royal Caribbean, was cited in the Appeals Court decision today.

"He (Koopman) and other crew members discussed at safety meetings the problem of adults holding children in front of open windows Koopman testified that Royal Caribbean knew about the risk of children falling through open windows and adults holding children in front of open windows."

Royal Caribbean argues Koopman is a disgruntled ex-employee.

If true then it’s important since it indicates RC was aware of concerns about children falling out of open windows. How that impacts this case will be determined by a jury but it doesn’t change the particular facts of Chloe’s death. Anello practically hung her out over the pavement below and was found guilty of negligent homicide.
This is ridiculous! On a ship any adult has plenty of opportunities to hold a child over a railing or up to and into a window. Is a ship suppose to encase an entire ship in a capsule so that dumb and reckless adults can't drop children into a dock or ocean?

If I remember correctly, he stuck his head out of the window before he put the baby up there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea Briann
Back