IN - Hannah Wilson, 22, IU student, murdered, Brown County, 24 April 2015

Twenty-five to 30 Brown County residents will be called into court on June 1 to be questioned as test jurors about what they have heard through the media about the murder of 22-year-old Hannah Wilson and allegations that Daniel Messel killed her.

Brown Circuit Judge Judith Stewart and the lawyers in the case will then inquire about the jurors’ ability to presume Messel innocent, setting aside anything they may have seen or heard in the media.

(...)

Stewart explained the pool of test jurors will receive by mail the court’s standard juror questionnaire, which does not specify the case they are being summoned for. They will learn when they arrive that morning they are to help Stewart gauge the impact of publicity in the high-profile case and determine if she should grant the defense motion for change of venue.

(...)

Stewart moved up jury selection for the actual trial to July 28 and 29, so that the actual trial process can begin on Aug. 1.
http://www.southbendtribune.com/new...654-55f9-5be3-a5dc-303869e16655.html?mode=jqm

I somehow missed all of this. I came on here to make sure the trial was still scheduled to begin June 1. It's so frustrating that it's been postponed again!

In the WLKY.com article that OkieGranny linked to above in post #241 it says,

Stewart has taken under advisement a request by defense attorney Dorie Maryan to postpone the scheduled June 1 start of Messel's trial. Maryan says she needs more time to take depositions, and new evidence from prosecutors requires more time for review and analysis.

Does anyone here have any info on the "new evidence from prosecutors"? I'm also curious about whether anyone knows or has theories about what angle the private investigator hired by the public defender might be pursuing.

Snipped for 10% copyright rule. Direct link is at http://www.missingpersonsofamerica.com/2015/04/is-daniel-messel-responsible-for-other.html?m=1

In order to determine if any of these other missing women are connected to the suspect in Hannah's case, it would be really helpful to know where these women ended up and if deceased, their COD. Hannah was left in plain sight, the back of her head bludgeoned. In fact her body was found about the same time the missing persons report was filed. Meaning, he left her in a field but didn't go to great lengths to hide or bury her. But looking at cases like Alma's, we have yet to find her body and therefore, don't know the cause of death if there is one. Killers usually have a similar MO in each case, oftentimes progressing as they get bolder. So what is DM's MO? It appears blunt force trauma to the head, no sexual assault, and little to no cover up (he even left his own phone at the scene. Very sloppy). Why haven't we found these other women yet? Is there another serial killer on the loose? I wish we knew....but we do see a pattern here with college age women disappearing in a small area. Could it be DM was spotted in the midst of dealing with Hannah and he fled quickly? If so, I think there's a good chance he is connected to more victims.

People sometimes can't hide another body where or the same way they hid previous ones. Changing factors varies alot.

Some get lucky on the first body or so. Like Jeffrey willis is suspected in the death of Jessica Heeriinga whom still has not been found. But he left the body of Rebecca Bletsch right on side of the road.

So who knows what can change for these sickos as the years go by.

Has a witness testified regarding time of death in this case?

That was a very well written, and informing article.

I agree! I followed the case at the beginning, but lost track of it. There was information in the article that was "new" to me. Well done.

jmo

Thank you all for the updates. I am following and appreciate it!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back