Found Deceased IN - IMAGE discussion re Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by tlcya, Apr 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shiressleuth

Shiressleuth On Time Out

I thought that too.

Sent via tapatalk on my sinclair zx81

2. Shiressleuth

Shiressleuth On Time Out

Could we get a consensus on BG height with all the expertise on here? That would be good wouldn't it?

3. J Lee

J Lee New Member

BG appears to be:

5'11" tall
    220 pounds
    18" from the center of one shoulder to the other.
    Wears a size 9.5 or 10 shoe.

IMO

Sent from my Commodore 64

4. michael.gartley

michael.gartley Verified Expert in Imaging Science

I was browsing the beginning portions of the main Abby and Libby thread (#2), and came across a JPG from a facebook post from the Indiana Intelligence Fusion Center:
    https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=e64d8e59d2eb40265d7ad13e960e4ca1&oe=59785769

Has anyone analyzed this third image of BG? and how it places in time relative to the other two images?

To me, it looks like he is either simply standing there, or maybe in between BG photo 1 and 2 from the ISP Feb 15th release.
    https://local.nixle.com/alert/5852022/

Here is a comparison: (1) ISP Feb 15th release, (2) Facebook page, (3) ISP Feb 15th release

[​IMG]

Thoughts? I was surprised to see a third image of BG.

Attached Files:

• diff.PNG
      diff.PNG
      File size:
      715.8 KB
      Views:
  5. TigerLilly

TigerLilly Active Member

I have seen image three alot. I actually thought images 1 and 2 were the same image.

ETA: There is a video postes today in the main thread that uses the third image, I think

OMG...Im sorry Michael. You are talking about image 2! I didnt know it was a diff image but I see what you mean now.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

6. TigerLilly

TigerLilly Active Member

7. TigerLilly

TigerLilly Active Member

If you put them in 3, 2, 1 ofder would it make a complete step?

8. WebSight

WebSight New Member

I did but it did not turn out so well as the left side is darker and blurrier to begin with and the right side is really a mess.

PLEASE NOTE: I am not happy with these results. I am just posting them so you can see what I mean.

What I find with these is to treat them like an impressionist painting, the farther back you stand the more in focus and clearer they look.

Mirrored view, unsharpened

[​IMG]

Mirrored view, sharpened

[​IMG]

I am sure you can see right away that the other one I did turned out much better. That picture was in better shape to begin with, so it was easier to create a better image.

Mirrored image, sharpened, using other photograph
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

9. J Lee

J Lee New Member

Thanks for posting these. 👍

Sent from my Commodore 64

10. shifferbrainz

shifferbrainz Former Member

Looks that way to me.

11. WebSight

WebSight New Member

You are very welcome. Always my pleasure.

I was in the middle of editing that post to replace the photos with smaller ones since these are so ghastly but you were very quick, lol.

12. TigerLilly

TigerLilly Active Member

Ditto the thank you!

13. michael.gartley

Maybe, this is an animated GIF. (1) Facebook sourced image, (2) ISP image #1, (3) ISP image #2

[​IMG]

Keep in mind, GIF files are limited to a color palette of 256 colors max, so the image quality is degraded
    compared to the source images that are PNG and JPG format.

1. https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=e64d8e59d2eb40265d7ad13e960e4ca1&oe=59785769
    2/3. https://local.nixle.com/alert/5852022/

Attached Files:

14. FromGermany

FromGermany Well-Known Member

1 plus 3 were first, then we saw BG without the white thing on left leg and thought it had been pic 1 but it was different say pic 3. IMO

15. TigerLilly

TigerLilly Active Member

I actually like this better than the video with image 1 and 3. It seems like a smoother step and not a hop. Thank you!

16. michael.gartley

Sorta ? Hard to answer. Depends on the eye ;-)

In my opinion (I don't specialize in image forensics), any sort of image tampering may not be visible in the regular RGB image that we are used to seeing. However, sometimes tampering can be obvious by viewing the image in other color spaces (such as YCbCr) or looking at the Fast Fourier Transform (FFT) of the image. I know that's very technical, sorry, but that's the only way I can think to answer it.

Another way to say it, if someone "Photoshop"s or alters an image, but purposely tries to make it look un-touched, the person doing so typically only evaluates this as a normal RGB. But different math transforms taking it to other color spaces or from spatial to frequency domain (via FFT) can make them "photoshopped" images stick out a like a sore thumb.

17. mi_hiker

mi_hiker Well-Known Member

Sorry to quote my own post but bringing forward in hopes of hearing some thoughts on bolded items.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. WebSight

WebSight New Member

Bringing this post over from the main thread, originally posted April 2nd, in case anybody is interested in looking at it again .

I have been working with the pictures of BG over the last few days. I think I made a discovery that has changed the picture, for me anyway, and after much trepidation I decided to share it with you. LE said that they "created" a picture from video and I was actually working with the pictures for a different reason when I saw the following.

See where the line is? That is an actual change in the pixels (?) that separates the face. The part of the face to the right of the line is higher than the left and appears to be pulling away (from movement?). So with the face not lining up, if you follow the line up, it now makes sense, imo, why the "hat" is so tall on the right side (higher). So, I duplicated the picture and cropped the right part of the face. I lined it up to match the left side. Here's how it turned out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The end results:

[​IMG]

19. Thyme

Thyme Member

In photo #2 above that Michael posted...do you see the smudge on the left/our right side of his face? Is this where it has been altered? TIA

Smudge.jpg

B&W.jpg

20. Shiressleuth

Shiressleuth On Time Out

It looks to me that 3 should be the first shot then number 2 with 1 as the last shot. Number 2 has both feet on the wooden boards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.