Found Deceased IN - Jacqueline Watts, 33, Columbus, 3 March 2017

I am thinking that she slipped and fell, hit her head, became unconscious - followed by hypothermia. She only weighed 110 pounds. It was quite cold that night.

Something like that happened to a man we knew: fight with wife, got drunk, took a walk, passed out died from hypothermia.

Maybe she chased after dog, medical emergency, passed out, hypothermia. I still don't think she drowned.

I don't know how she died, but pretty sure it was no homicide.

What makes you think that? So far I'm leaning away from homicide too, although I have zero facts to suggest anything one way or another really. At least none I can figure out. But it's just an overall sense maybe based on location and possibly timing.

That's what I meant. I don't think it was a homicide.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

The lack of a BOLO indicates nothing IMO. They can have tons of evidence of foul play but without a specific suspect or vehicle ID, no BOLO. For example, let's say there's evidence of two foot prints leading from her car or down to the river and blood spatter in or near her car, and/or evidence on her body like stab wounds, defensive injuries, evidence she was battered. If there is no suspect or vehicle description because no one saw anything, no BOLO.

Just curious if they also said no foul play suspected in the case of the two girls?

It is just that: 1) it doesnt seem there is a place to "fall in" to either drown or not be able to get out and die of hypothermia

IMO this was a tragic accident. She slipped into the river and drowned upstream, then her body resurfaced near/on the sandbar. I doubt she died or drowned on the sandbar itself or she would have been found earlier. My heart goes out to her family. JMO etc.

IMO this was a tragic accident. She slipped into the river and drowned upstream, then her body resurfaced near/on the sandbar. I doubt she died or drowned on the sandbar itself or she would have been found earlier. My heart goes out to her family. JMO etc.

With homicide ruled out it certainly narrows the possibilities. Accident or intentional. The shallowness and apparent calmness of the water makes it hard for me to understand how it could've been accidental. But it's possible.

The area she was found though and the timing is very odd. I wonder what's will come out Monday.

I no longer subscribe to the "she may have been chasing a stray pet" theory.

And there really is no such thing as a safe neighborhood anymore - at least not when my mother died and I spent the last few years of her life living with her. Once she passed away I was staying the night with in the house - the same one I was a child growing up in.

It was pretty dark out, nighttime, I had just gone to bed trying to fall asleep.

My bedroom was in the front of the house and I was still awake, my instinct telling me to be mindful of my surroundings.

I heard a car park across the street, footsteps up the driveway, and a knock on the door. Yes, between 10 PM and 11 PM at night during the week.

Then I hear the doorbell.

I finally hear the words from a man standing on the other side of the front door:

"I ran out of gas. Can you help me?"

This, in a residential section, nearest gas station 3 miles away.

My hand was on the gun on the bedstand. Yes, it was loaded.

Heard his footsteps go back to his car and leave. No, he had not run out of gas at all.

(snipped quite, if i did that correctly)
So terrifying, MaryG12! My worst nightmare. Incredible you were safe and prepared!

With homicide ruled out it certainly narrows the possibilities. Accident or intentional. The shallowness and apparent calmness of the water makes it hard for me to understand how it could've been accidental. But it's possible.

The area she was found though and the timing is very odd. I wonder what's will come out Monday.

The water around the sandbar area is very shallow. That doesn't mean it's shallow and calm 100 yards+ upstream. Riverbanks with exposed roots can trap you if you slip down; submerged trees can entangle you; water you can stand in can take you off your feet with a current; cold water will knock the breath out of you; and there's likely eddies and deeper spots before the weir.

Since she grew up there, I'm puzzled about how she would have ended up in the river, but we'll undoubtedly hear more about le's findings tomorrow.

Three weeks ago today I came across three little dogs running in the street. I jumped out of my car, left door open and car running with all my stuff in it. I ended up three blocks from my car and finally "chased" the dogs into their own backyard. The gate had unlatched during a storm that day. Anyone could have taken my car, my purse or driven into my door. I didn't even bother to park it to the side. It was left in the middle of the street. So yes, you're absolutely correct that we do what she may have done. I don't find it far fetched at all because I've been there, done that.

Suglo, God Bless You for that!

I understand where you are coming from.

I am mindful of seagulls in shopping center parking lots, stray dogs [I try to lure them with dog treats (but they have been well-schooled by their owners not to "fall for it")], and even try to avoid hitting squirrels at all costs (like driving on ice, you should turn in the direction of the squirrel -- he'll go the opposite way!).

For those who are wondering, the river is actually much deeper upstream before the dam (as in you can't touch and I'm 6') where she most likely entered (directly across from where her car was parked/through the woods).

The pictures we've seen today are downstream after the dam and it's much shallower there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels
Back