IN IN - Joseph Spisak, 11, Hammond, 27 January 1974

The boy mentioned below vanished from Indianopolis four years later. Indianapolis is a little over two hours away from Hammond. There is very likely no connection, but it is the closest missing person case I can find in terms of similarity, distance, and the year it happened.

One thing not mentioned in this link (but mentioned on his thread on here), is that his family did suspect some man known to them who they felt had a unhealthy interest in Scott prior to his disappearence. Of course, he was 14 and had a history of running away, too. As for the phone calls from the carnival, missing persons cases have often attracted fake phone calls, sightings, etc. It's hard to know if it was actually him. I wonder if there was a carnival in town at the time he vanished, or in the area?

It is also possible whoever abducted Joseph- if he was abducted, which seems likely ( otherwise maybe something accidently happened to him), was only successful once. I wonder if there's any record of unsuccessful abduction or possible abduction attempts in the area in the years or decades close to when he vanished? Those would be more obscure, but they may exist.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoyaMathilde
Back