Found Deceased IN - Karena McClerkin, 18, Kokomo, 11 Oct 2016 *arrest in 2022*

Article from today:
http://www.kokomotribune.com/news/l...cle_f1ad4e1c-8834-11e7-b1ef-3fbed11a3541.html

Nearly a year after she went missing, Karena McClerkin’s family is still searching for her and asking the community to help.

Gerry McClerkin holds a photo of her granddaughter Karena McClerkin, who went missing last October. A body found in Illinois in July was determined not to be that of McClerkin.

Karena's grandmother Gerry McClerkin and several of her friends, along with Karena’s sisters, took to the streets of downtown Kokomo Wednesday to hand out information about Karena and to ask the community to continue searching for her. Karena has been missing since Oct. 11, 2016.

In previous interviews with the Kokomo Tribune, Gerry McClerkin has expressed that she believes her granddaughter may be dead. That won’t stop Gerry McClerkin for searching, both for her granddaughter and for closure.

Gerry McClerkin expressed frustration Wednesday with the ongoing investigation into her granddaughter’s disappearance.

“I need the community to come together and help me find my granddaughter,” she said.

“We just want her found,” said Kellie Estep, one of Gerry McClerkin’s friends. “We’re sick of the rumors. We just want somebody to come out and tell the truth.”

More at link.

Kerena’s grandmother said that she still searches areas of Kokomo multiple times a week in hopes of finding any trace of Karena. She’s convinced her granddaughter, who would’ve celebrated her 19th birthday last month, is dead.

Kokomo police have provided her with only a small amount of information about Karena’s case. She’s disappointed with what she sees as the lack of response from the community.

http://fox59.com/2017/10/12/family-...th-response-1-year-after-girls-disappearance/

$50,000 reward offered to help find missing Kokomo teen

The family of a Kokomo teen missing for nearly two years has offered a $50,000 reward to help find her.

19-year-old Karena McClerkin was last seen walking down the sidewalk in the 1000 block of South Washington Street on Oct. 11, 2016

"Not knowing now if she is alive and walking around or being used for other things is really hard," said James McClerkin, Karena's father.

$50,000 reward offered in disappearance of Kokomo teen

A $50,000 reward is being offered for information that leads to an arrest and conviction in the case of a missing Kokomo teen, according to family, as reported by Fox59.com.

Karena McClerkin was 18 when she disappeared on Oct. 11, 2016. She was last seen walking in the 1000 block of South Washington Street.

McClerkin’s mother told Fox59 that the family has also enlisted the help of four licensed private investigators who are working for free. One of the investigators says an inmate at the Howard County Jail claims to have information about McClerkin’s disappearance.

The teen’s grandmother has said in the past that she is disappointed with the community’s response to her granddaughter’s case.

I think I read about this one before. There are apparently multiple missing women from Kokomo and I could have sworn I read that Karena’s sister was also missing for a time. I believe she was found safe.
Does anyone else remember reading that? I’m off to look for a MSM source. For now, please consider this MOO.

Karena McClerkin was last seen on October 11, 2016. The 18-year-old was reportedly walking in the 1000 block of South Washington Street just south of Kokomo, Indiana’s downtown area. She was reported missing two days later. Little is known about the events leading to Karena’s disappearance. Her grandmother told Dateline that somewhere along the line, Karena had gotten involved with a number of substance abuse issues, and had been hanging out with an older crowd. However, Karena had allegedly spoken about the possibility of going to a rehabilitation facility in Florida. Family says she had begun filling out the paperwork when she disappeared.

Five years of Dateline’s Missing in America: 109 still missing

I thought of Karena when these unidentified remains were found:
IN - Skeletal Remains Found Near River Bend Park in Anderson
But there are so many other missing people that it could be. :(
I did, as well. Which, is why I visited this page. I started looking at the possibilities and there were just sooo many! And they go back years and years. The new "find" page for Karena is very interesting. A lot of innuendos by the mod. Almost sounds like they have their own suspects??? Also, how they are frustrated with LE.

A friend of mine in Kokomo has been posting about this for several days and I was waiting for a mainstream article to come out so I could start my first thread. I asked if she'd been reported missing. My friend said yes, AFASK, the right things had been done.

I felt like the clock was ticking, like, why hasn't Kokomo said anything about this?! The city is not bursting with heavy hitting news that would preclude getting the word out about a missing teenager.

Glad she has a thread here. I'll see if my friend might consider joining us for potential local insight on the city and surroundings.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
I just sent my friend from Kokomo who has been living in my state and is back in Kokomo for family issues a message. Just to see if he has heard anything. Their son is home from the service this week so may not hear anything for a bit.

A photo of Karena from the link:

The McClerkin family enlisted the services of four private investigators in 2018 to help them pursue some of those leads, including a tip from an inmate who believed she knew where McClerkin was buried. But that tip, like many others, didn't turn up anything new.

A $50,000 reward is still being offered for information on her case.

If you have any information regarding the disappearance of Karena McClerkin contact Kokomo Police at 765-456-7017 or Crime Stoppers of Central Indiana at 317-262-8477.

Family celebrates missing Kokomo woman's birthday with meal

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd