IN - Kimberly Camm, 35, & 2 children murdered, Georgetown, 28 Sept 2000 *2 earlier trials OVERTURNED

Watching a show on this case now and 3 things strike me as odd:
1) Right after the murders Camm is in the media begging the killer to come forward. Seems odd. We see parents beg kidnappers to release missing children but to ask a murderer to come forward. 'Um, yeah, (raise hand) it's me...I did it'. Aint gonna happen. Odd statement on Camm's part.
2) In same media coverage above, Camm is crying but not a single tear is shed.
3) When LE are interrogating him and mention his daughter had genital trauma Camm is all like 'it's not from me' but you'd think he be crushed and saying things more like 'OMG, my poor baby....what happened to her'.

I think it was a hire...MOO. I think Boney didn't say that because he denies doing the killing completely and he just refuses to admit to that at all. I think murder (especially of 2 kids) was beyond his typical criminal activity and so he's completely in denial about it. Just my opinion.

A United States federal appeals court said Tuesday that David Camm, who was accused of triple murder in the early 2000s, can sue for false arrest.

Camm, a former state trooper, was accused of killing his wife and their two children in Georgetown, Indiana, in 2000.

He was twice convicted of the murders, only to have both convictions overturned. He was acquitted in a 2013 trial and later won a civil settlement of $450,000.

Judge rules David Camm can sue for false arrest in 2000 triple murder case

Let me apologize if there are several pages on this case, I tried to find them and could not. This site is not easy to navigate.

I have read up on this case, saw the Dateline, and heard a few podcasts. I know the general consensus is that he was wrongly accused and wrongfully convicted. However, there are a few questions that I just think need answering:

1. Why was the sweatshirt under the son? Bonet said he passed a gun to Camm wrapped in it.
2. How did Bonet know that the wife would be home alone for that specific window of opportunity? Small pocket between when Camm was supposedly gone and right before he got home.
3. Was presenting the numerous affairs he had in court prejudicial? Or did it go to motive? This guy was a lousy husband and father. He might have wanted freedom, sexually and financially.
4. Did the wife really tell a friend that she was going to leave Camm? That could have pushed Camm to act.

I think Camm did conspire to use Bonet and frame him. Bonet was in a situation where he knew he was on the hook for it, so he tried to distance himself from the crime. I think Camm intended to use the sweatshirt to frame Bonet, which is why they really pushed for the DNA testing on it. When I see the interrogation footage I see Camm basically saying, no, you guys are not following the evidence I planted for you!

Camm’s agonized 911 call to summon help from officials he knew after working for a decade in law enforcement is heard in “Framed By The Killer,” airing Fridays at 9/8c on Oxygen.

“Call everybody out to my house now!” he implored. “My wife and kids are dead.” A dispatcher tried to reassure Camm, saying things would be all right. The anguished husband and father responded things would not be OK.

Investigators focused on evidence at the crime scene. The prosecutor relied on Rob Stites, an alleged “blood spatter analyst,” to read and reconstruct the crime scene. The so-called expert observed that the long ribbon of blood on the floor went from dark red to clear and interpreted that color difference as indicative of a hasty attempt to clean the gore.

In addition, eight drops of drops of blood found on the bottom of Camm’s shirt, according to Stites, was high velocity impact spatter.That meant Camm had been near the victims when they were shot, he claimed.

Officials thus looked for a motive for Camm, seizing upon his past extramarital affairs and flirtations with women. Could Camm have wanted out of his roles as a husband and father so much that he killed his family?

Three days after finding his family shot to death in his garage, Camm was officially charged with their slayings.

On October 24, 2013, more than 13 years after his family’s murder, Camm was finally acquitted of murder. He eventually won a civil settlement of $450K, the Courier Journal reported in 2016.
Indiana Man Blamed After His Family Was Murdered While The Killer Walked Free For Years

I had heard of this case but never really paid much attention to it until I watched a Dateline episode from 2018 that recently re-aired on one of the cable channels. Wow, what a rabbit hole!

I don't think he did it either, and it sounds to me like he was a dirty cop who left the force before being fired, and his fellow officers found an opportunity to throw him under the bus and proceeded to do so. Regardless, NOBODY deserves to do time for a crime they did not commit.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back