IN - Kimberly Camm, 35, & 2 children murdered, Georgetown, 28 Sept 2000 *2 earlier trials OVERTURNED

Kimmer said:
This link also has some very interesting info from the begining of the case if anyone cares to check it out.
Kimmer - Thanks for stopping back. I am very interested in justice prevailing in this case. I also hope that the younger Camm is prosecuted for the insurance fraud and more. You can't tell me that he didn't know what was going to happen, especially if he forged Kim's signature. Did David ever collect all of that money? It sounds like it was quite a bit (around $600,000).

What does her family think the motive was? My thoughts are that Kim was about to divorce David. She would have been much better off without this loser. However, he would have been left with nothing except his loser self. Without Kim's income, coupled with paying child support, I can well imagine David's philandering ways would be somewhat curtailed.

Also, he stood the chance of being prosecuted for molesting his daughter.

That, coupled with the money motive, is my guess. Taking out that $150,000 policy two months before her death really says a lot.

I believe the general thought as to motive in this case has always been that Kim was preparing to leave David and that he thought he could do away with her and his kids and get the money and then go on and live a life that would be that of a playboy with nothing to tie him down. He was working for his uncle at the time of the murders so it wasnt like he had a major career or anything like that.

Kim had always been the main financial contributor to the family so she and the kids would have done very well indeed without him.

As far as the molesting of Jill goes I dont think there has ever been enough evidence to prove that it happened for sure, there was definatly some injury to that area found during the autopsy, but according to family members Jill had recently injured herself on some playground equipment so that has been left as a still unaswered question. but there was evidence that Jill has recently been on her parents bed, but as we all know as parents that could be very innocent. I am certainly not trying to say it didnt happen but it hasnt been proven to me that it did either.

I dont understand the statement by Charels Boney that he was in the house when the shootings occured but he could hear the fatal shots being fired. I find that difficult to believe since the garage was not attached to the house. I dont know if he was the trigger man or not since we dont have his clothing from that night. but we do have Davids and he does have GSR and Jills tissue embedded in the weave of his tee-shirt. I think we will learn much more about what Kim and the kids went through that fatefull night when we get back to trial.

I can tell you this much David said before his conviction that one thing that haunted him was the thought of Bradley screaming Daddy, Daddy and that he wasnt there to help him.....well the family thinks that is what Bradley was screaming as he watched his father shoot his mother and his sister and
as he tried to escape his fathers rathe by trying to climb over that back seat of the bronco as the forensic evidence shows.

I also know several of the Idiana State troopers that worked this case and they would have liked nothing more than to have been able to clear David of this crime but the evidence would not allow them to do that.

I am off for today but will be back online tommorrow. see you all then

Kimmer

Kimmer said:
I believe the general thought as to motive in this case has always been that Kim was preparing to leave David and that he thought he could do away with her and his kids and get the money and then go on and live a life that would be that of a playboy with nothing to tie him down...
Isn't the accomplice talking? Will he testify at David's trial? I certainly hope so. Of course, I guess that David and Bonner will try to pin it on each other. I don't believe that Bonner was the shooter, mainly because of Jill's blood on David's shirt.

Bonner was confusing to me, too. First, I thought that I read he was in the house during the shootings. Then, he came out afterwards. Then, I thought that I read that he was an eyewitness to the murders.

When does the trial begin?

no trial date has been set yet, they are going to be tried toghether, I dont think you will ever see David say that he was there with Boney (pronounced BONAY). The understanding that I have at this point is that Charles Boney has admitted to being there and hearing the shots fired from in the house then he said he went to the garage and looked in the bronco from the passenger side, he needed to explain why the police had a possitive palm print of his on the passenger side glass window, so he says he went to the garage and looked in the truck to make sure they were really all dead and then he took Kims shoes and put them on the roof of the truck, which is where they were found by the police.

So in my opinion he is explaining himself there just enough to match with the evidence against him. but like I said if we had his clothes it might tell a different story, I am just happy they are both being charged with triple murder, and I hope that for the Renn Familys sake that Justice will prevaile for
Kim, Jill and Bradley.

Janice and Frank Renn (Kims Parents) are incredible people with an amazing amount of faith in the justice system and they have been thru hell with this case since it began, and I dont know if you can even imagine this but they still have Kim and Davids wedding pictures hanging in there home and say they always will so they can remember her at her happiest, but they also know from the very core of there being that David is responsible for the death of there daughter and grandchildren, but they also still know that at some point in Kim and the kids life he made them happy also.

I cant even imagine the courage it must take to look at such a bleak situation
that way.

The victims' family is in a really tough situation. Unfortunately, I only feel that Kim was happy due to a facade that David put up. If Kim had known the "real David," I don't believe that she would have been very happy.

http://www.wave3.com/global/story.asp?s=3226672

The trial for accused triple murderer David Camm will remain in Floyd County. A judge handed down that ruling Monday. WAVE 3's James Zambroski has more.
In issuing the order, Floyd Circuit Court Judge J. Terrence Cody agreed with prosecutors that in Camm's first trial a jury was brought in from Johnson County to ensure he received a fair trial.

http://www.wave3.com/global/story.asp?s=3325554

After four-and-a-half years in the media spotlight, it's a case that doesn't seem to have an end. But a new book just released titled, One Deadly Night, wraps up the Camm tragedy in 340 pages.
Author John Glatt says "I think it's one of the most fascinating true crime stories I have ever come across. First, it was a horrific crime -- a state trooper who was sort of a pillar of the community accused of killing his wife and two young children in cold blood -- and then really staging the perfect alibi."

Right now it's set for August-delay is likely- but there's a ruling anticipated this month on where the trial will be held.

http://www.wave3.com/Global/story.asp?S=3367723&nav=0RZEa4ML

The question of where to hold David Camm's second trial may depend on how the court determines whether evidence in the case is new.
At issue is once unidentified DNA that was linked to co-defendant Charles Boney earlier this year.

http://www.thelouisvillechannel.com/davidcamm/4509256/detail.html

Henderson said he hopes his 50-page argument will convince the Supreme Court to rule in his favor, Harding reported.
"We went into more detail of the facts surrounding the new co-defendant, Charles Boney," he said.
Camm's attorneys, however, said Thursday that the case should return to Warrick County.

The wheels of justice are moving again in the David Camm triple murder case. But now, thanks to a ruling from the Indiana Supreme Court, those wheels will take this case back west to Warrick County. WAVE 3's Carrie Harned reports.

After more than a two-month delay over where the trial should be held, the case will transfer back to the county where it was originally venued before the discovery of a second suspect, Charles Boney.

But more tough decisions lie ahead for the state. Right now, Camm and Boney are charged together in the murders of Kim, Jill and Brad Camm. The Supreme Court left the door open whether to move Boney's case to Warrick County or keep it in Floyd County.

http://www.wave3.com/Global/story.asp?S=3403320

I did not know about this case until I read the updates yesterday. I can tell you I will be watching, reading and following this case til the end. It does read like a mystery story that's for sure. Prayers for the family - it looks like the angels are already doing their work.:rolleyes:

Hoping he is NOT released on bail. (again)

http://www.news-tribune.net/articles/2005/06/05/news/new_albany_tribune/news18.txt

The two Bloomington lawyers filed a motion to get their client released from jail the Floyd County Jail.
"Our first motion is going to be a motion to reinstate the bond and the judge would have the opportunity to set a hearing," said Sam Lockhart, Camm's uncle.

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps...0604/NEWS02/506040368&SearchID=73210277883945

The Floyd County Prosecutor's office will ask next week that former state trooper David Camm be kept in jail pending a new bond hearing in Warrick County.
That's in response to a motion filed this week by Camm's lawyers asking for his release from the Floyd County Jail based on the $20,000 cash bond that was set in January in Warrick County and posted by Camm's family.

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050611/NEWS02/506110406

A Warrick County judge yesterday scheduled a hearing for June 29 on whether former Indiana State Trooper David Camm should be released from jail on bond.
Warrick Superior Court Judge Robert Aylsworth said the hearing also will consider all the other "pending issues" in Camm's trial in the murder of his wife and two small children.
Those issues include questions raised by both the prosecution and defense about getting access to information gathered by investigators for the other side; fees to help pay for experts for the defense; and whether decisions made previously by Aylsworth can be made part of the current trial.

Why haven't the media glommed on to this case??? Seems like it's ideal for cable.....We want to know!!!

Smells, maybe someone will yet.

I'm sure the taxpayers love this:

http://www.news-tribune.net/articles/2005/06/15/news/new_albany_tribune/news03.txt

At yesterday's meeting, the County Council granted Henderson's request for an additional $50,000 for use in the upcoming David Camm triple-murder case. A trial date in the case was recently set for Aug. 8 by Warrick County Superior Court Judge Robert Aylsworth.
Since January, Camm's defense team has spent about $25,000 of the county's money on investigators.
"What I've seen so far is unreasonable," Henderson said of the defense teams' bills. "The county has already paid $25,000-plus for investigator payment.
"What's it going to be like the rest of the year."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back