IN IN - Kirsten Brueggeman, 26, seen on camera walking, white backpack, Indianapolis, 2 Jan 2021

Is there any information where she might have been walking towards from the bar? Presumably towards home, and if so how far a walk would that have been? Any bodies of water? Young men usually end up in bodies of water near bars, not so common for young women but certainly a possibility. Unfortunately meeting up with the wrong person is also a very real possibility at that time of night. So sad that nothing has been found.
It has been speculated she was trying to walk to ex-bf's apartment he shared w/ his mom (only a few blocks from that bar). However, he says she was walking the wrong way from that. Parents said she was walking wrong direction from home too. Wonder if she was trying to walk towards bowling alley, and either accepted a ride or stopped to warm up in someone's car, or potentially tried to get into an apartment building and ended up trapped somewhere... who knows

Also.. Kirsten & Ex dated on/off for 10 years... I cannot believe he'd leave her in a freezing cold, unlit parking lot, drunk as a skunk, and not help her to get home. In the Disappeared episode he says he *tries* to help. Try or try not -> do or do not. I wouldn't leave an enemy drunk and alone in a parking lot especially in an area of town known to not be fantastic crime-wise. Wtf? What kind of friends are those? The bad kind, if you ask me...

Her parents state in the episode that she had a bit of a drinking problem. Nobody says what the argument at the bar was about so maybe it was regarding her overindulgence. Her mom & dad break my heart.

Come home soon Kirsten.

ID REBOOTS ITS BELOVED MISSING PERSONS SERIES, DISAPPEARED​

Premieres on September 7 at 10/9c on ID​

[...]

Groundbreaking missing persons series, DISAPPEARED, returns to ID with eight all-new episodes beginning Wednesday, September 7 at 10/9 on ID and stream the same day on discovery+.

A reinvention of the beloved franchise, the series shines a light on individuals who vanished seemingly without a trace and aims to facilitate answers about the missing in order to bring closure to their loved ones.

“Our recent success with the Disappeared podcast inspired us to reboot this fan-favorite series with all new episodes. With the proliferation of new surveillance techniques in recent years and the audience more determined than ever to participate in solving true crime mysteries, we knew this was the right time to bring DISAPPEARED back in a way that could really make a difference,” said Jason Sarlanis, President of Crime and Investigative Content, Linear and Streaming. “DISAPPEARED will join our Wednesday night lineup after premieres of IN PURSUIT WITH JOHN WALSH for those motivated to deliver closure to families searching for answers and making a deep impact in our justice system.”

In the Season 10 premiere episode, “Vanished in the Night,” surveillance cameras record a young woman fighting with her friends outside a bar in Indianapolis, Indiana and two hours later, the cameras catch her walking by herself in a parking lot and disappearing into the night. Desperate for answers, Kirsten Brueggeman’s family shares her story and their plight to find her in the hopes that more people who know Kirsten’s story will be able to come forward with new information. “

[...]

I’ve recently started following Kirsten Brueggeman’s MP case. Based on previous posts by other WS members and the MSM links in this thread we have a general idea of some of the events that took place that night.

As I understand it:

• Kirsten was living with her parents in their home on the northeast side of Indianapolis.
• She worked at a restaurant (Cici’s Pizza) on the city's south side.
• She called her mother, told her that she would not need a ride home from work, she was meeting friends.
• She went to Manley’s Irish Mutt, on the east side of Indianapolis.
• Kirsten's ex-boyfriend and several other people were with her at The Irish Mutt.
• Kirsten’s friends left her behind at the Irish Mutt after an argument to go bowling.
• Kirsten was last seen on video walking into the YMCA parking lot on Shortridge Rd around 2:00AM.

Here are three things you should know about an Indianapolis woman who vanished last year

So based on all of the above, we know Kirsten left work that evening and went with a group of friends, including her ex-BF, to the Irish Mutt at 7041 E. 10th Street. The time they arrived at the Irish Mutt hasn’t been mentioned in the MSM reports I’ve seen, however all of the reports indicate there was an argument between Kirsten and her friends at some point while at the Irish Mutt. No details regarding the argument have been mentioned in the MSM reports AFAIK.

[…]
They said Kirsten got in a fight with her friends and her friends left the bar, but Kirsten stayed.
[…]

Parents keep hope alive for missing 26-year-old daughter

So because of this argument, Kirsten’s friends left her behind at the Irish Mutt. The specific time Kirsten’s friends left the Irish Mutt hasn’t been given in the media, so we don’t know how long Kirsten was there after her friends left. We also don’t know if Kirsten was intoxicated at the time, but we would expect both LE and the private investigator hired by Kirsten’s family would have that information via interviews with patrons and workers at the Irish Mutt.

[…]
Kirsten Brueggeman was last seen Saturday at about 12:20 a.m. walking southbound away from Manley’s Irish Mutt — located at 7041 E. 10th Street — in the direction of a bowling alley that was closed at the time.

She was seen on camera headed east past the Winner Woodworking Company — located at 702 N. Shortridge Road — and then began heading southbound on Shortridge Road towards E. Washington Street, according to IMPD. Police say it is currently unknown if she made it down to Washington Street.
[…]

IMPD asks for public’s help finding missing woman

So we know Kirsten left the Irish Mutt on foot around 12:20AM on 2 January, however we do not know where she was heading. She was carrying a white bag, but the contents of the bag, or where it came from, have not been mentioned AFAIK. If it contained a take out meal from the Irish Mutt then staff members would be able to verify that, and this possibility was mentioned by other members earlier in the thread.

Kirsten lived with her parents on the northeast side of Indianapolis. The distance from the Irish Mutt to her home is several miles in a NNE direction. Based on media reports Kirsten left the Irish Mutt and headed south, which is the opposite direction of her parent’s home.

[…]
She was heading south in the direction of the bowling alley that was closed at the time. She was seen via camera that she headed east past the Winner Woodworking Company located at (702 N. Shortridge Rd) and then began heading southbound on Shortridge Rd towards E. Washington Street.
[…]

IMPD Missing Persons Unit Seeks Assistance in Locating Missing Woman

We don’t know her state of mind, nor do we know if she was intoxicated at the time, but for whatever reason Kirsten was apparently not heading towards her home. The question is, what was her intended destination?

[…]
She was seen via camera that she headed east past the Winner Woodworking Company located at (702 N. Shortridge Rd) and then began heading southbound on Shortridge Rd towards E. Washington Street.
[…]

I’ve seen nothing to indicate where these cameras are, the timestamps, or what businesses they might belong to, but apparently Kirsten’s walking path led south on Shortridge Rd.

[…]
The last surveillance camera to capture Kirsten covered the southeastern part of the YMCA parking lot and part of an adjacent parking lot for the Abbey Meadows apartment complex. She was seen on the camera around 2 a.m.
[...]

Here are three things you should know about an Indianapolis woman who vanished last year

So the next (and last) known sighting of Kirsten is entering the parking lot of the Harper J. Ransburg YMCA at 501 North Shortridge Rd, less than half a mile from the Irish Mutt, or about 8 minutes walking time.

Google Map

The time of her arrival at the YMCA is reported in MSM as approximately 2:00AM. We know she was seen leaving the Irish Mutt at approximately 12:20AM. If these times are both factual, then Kirsten should have been at the YMCA around 12:30AM, rather than 2:00AM. This same fact has been pointed out elsewhere in this thread by other WS members, so we have a couple of possibilities.

IMO, either the timestamp of her arrival at the YMCA (1:58AM) is incorrect, or else Kirsten wandered around the area or stopped somewhere for approximately 90 minutes between leaving the Irish Mutt and arriving at the YMCA.

[…]
”Call it mother’s intuition, but I felt like something bad had really happened,” Lisa said. “I woke up at about 12:30, about the same time her phone went off, and that’s when I first tried to call her and her phone was off.”
[...]

My interpretation here is that Kirsten’s phone was turned off around 12:30AM, or about 10-15 minutes after she left the Irish Mutt. If Kirsten walked directly from the Irish Mutt to the YMCA, she would would have been in the YMCA parking lot around 12:30AM, about the same time her phone was turned off.

[...]
Kirsten was walking in an area of the parking lot that was fenced in. If the camera had continued working, she would have come back into view or would have had to climb over a fence, said Detective Nicole Bockting of the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department.

"The video cuts in and out,” Bockting said. “If it hadn't done that, we wouldn't be sitting here wondering where she is.”
[...]

So either at 12:30AM or 1:58AM (the YMCA camera timestamp), Kirsten walks into the fenced in YMCA parking lot, and it’s the last time she's seen. From police reports we know the camera at the YMCA was not functioning correctly, so unfortunately we have no further visual sightings of Kirsten. We don’t know if she reversed her route and walked out of the fenced in YMCA parking lot moments later, possibly heading south, or if she somehow climbed over or around the parking lot fence, or if something happened to her while she was inside the parking lot.

The still image of the parking lot shown in the MSM reports appears to be quite bright in the area where she was last seen. She’s also still carrying the white bag at this time, contents unknown.

Video image

So why would Kirsten walk into a fenced in parking lot, alone, late at night? Did she know this area well and knew about the fence, or did she wander in the parking lot looking for a possible shortcut to another destination? Could alcohol be a factor here?

Kirsten lived with her parents on the northeast side of Indianapolis. The distance from the Irish Mutt to her home is several miles in a NNE direction. Based on media reports Kirsten left the Irish Mutt and headed south, which is the opposite direction of her parent’s home.

We don’t know her state of mind, nor do we know if she was intoxicated at the time, but for whatever reason Kirsten was apparently not heading towards her home. The question is, what was her intended destination?
Yes, where was she going? Was she going to visit someone her family and these friends did not know about? But then there would more than likely be a digital footprint of that and AFAIK, none of that has been reported. Where is she headed at 2 AM?
So the next (and last) known sighting of Kirsten is entering the parking lot of the Harper J. Ransburg YMCA at 501 North Shortridge Rd, less than half a mile from the Irish Mutt, or about 8 minutes walking time.

Google Map

The time of her arrival at the YMCA is reported in MSM as approximately 2:00AM. We know she was seen leaving the Irish Mutt at approximately 12:20AM. If these times are both factual, then Kirsten should have been at the YMCA around 12:30AM, rather than 2:00AM. This same fact has been pointed out elsewhere in this thread by other WS members, so we have a couple of possibilities.

IMO, either the timestamp of her arrival at the YMCA (1:58AM) is incorrect, or else Kirsten wandered around the area or stopped somewhere for approximately 90 minutes between leaving the Irish Mutt and arriving at the YMCA.
And where was she for an hour and a half in the middle of the night in Indiana in January? I am under the impression that the bar was closing, so she could not have just gone back in there?
”Call it mother’s intuition, but I felt like something bad had really happened,” Lisa said. “I woke up at about 12:30, about the same time her phone went off, and that’s when I first tried to call her and her phone was off.”

My interpretation here is that Kirsten’s phone was turned off around 12:30AM, or about 10-15 minutes after she left the Irish Mutt. If Kirsten walked directly from the Irish Mutt to the YMCA, she would would have been in the YMCA parking lot around 12:30AM, about the same time her phone was turned off.
Are we 100% sure the phone was even on her when it was turned off? Was it turned off or ran out of battery? Why would she turn it off, or where would she be heading with a dead phone?

A lot of questions. Thank you, @Dargon335 for pointing all these out, these aspects were also heavy on my heart.

On her Instagram photo from 2016, I noticed scars on her arm that look a lot like old self-harm scars. I don't really think this is related to the case, as it is hard to commit suicide in a way that your body is not found, while in a city and drunk. But it is of course not impossible, and being drunk and having a prior conflict can increase the odds of suicide. There were also several photos hinting at weed and drugs, and cannabis use can trigger a mental episode (especially in her age). But in this case, I feel that foul play is sadly way more likely.

On January 1, 2021, Kirsten spoke with her mother on the phone, telling her she wouldn’t need a ride home from work [Cici's] because she was going to be meeting up with friends after her shift.
She doesn't need a ride home from work so she had no car. Manley's Irish Pub closes at 1am but Kirsten leaves the pub after an argument with her ex bf, and 3 of his friends who left her alone to, er, go bowling around 12:15am - 12:20am when she departed the pub.

Why would investigators think she was headed to E Washington St.?
She was heading south in the direction of the bowling alley that was closed at the time. She was seen via camera that she headed east past the Winner Woodworking Company located at (702 N. Shortridge Rd) and then began heading southbound on Shortridge Rd towards E. Washington Street. It is unknown at this time if she made it down to Washington Street.
IMPD Missing Persons Unit Seeks Assistance in Locating Missing Woman from Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department : Nixle
The footage shows her walking towards East Washington Street, but it is unknown if she ever made it there.
Kirsten Brueggeman - Disappeared
KB's walk would appear somewhat like this from the Irish Pub on E 10th St, passing by the YMCA on N Shortridge Rd, to E Washington St.

Screenshot 2023-04-01 7.33.31 PM.png

The description of her being captured on the faulty cctv inside the gated area is perplexing if she can't walk out of it. Or ...

If she climbed the fence, as the Det opined, she'd be on E Vermont St. where parking is available at the three level Abbey Meadows Apts [259 N Shortridge Rd]. The huge green tree in the background on the Rt is at the YMCA. The black parked car on the bottom Rt is parked at A M Apartments. The map's image doesn't indicate a fence along N Shortridge at the Y where Det N Bockting opines, KB couldn't leave w/out climbing her way out but maybe the fencing has changed.

The last surveillance camera to capture Kirsten covered the southeastern part of the YMCA parking lot and part of an adjacent parking lot for the Abbey Meadows apartment complex. She was seen on the camera around 2 a.m.
Screenshot 2023-04-01 9.05.19 PM.png
(click on images, if needed, to enlarge)

CiCi's eastside Indy - Bing

The Abbey Meadows
Next door to the YWCA, walking distance to grocery store. <> Affordable rental rate that includes water, sewer, trash and heat. SSVF, HUD VASH and Housing Choice Voucher accepted.

The HUD-Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing (HUD-VASH) program combines HUD’s Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) rental assistance for homeless Veterans with case management and clinical services provided by the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).
Abbey Meadows - 259 N Shortridge Rd Indianapolis IN 46219 | Apartment Finder

Saturday, JAN 2, 2021 temps hovered around 35* at the time KB is captured on faulty cctv. It was blustery and cloudy.

Screenshot 2023-04-01 7.10.20 PM.png

SEPT 19, 2021

26yo Kirsten's father states: "My life ground to a halt."

Weather
Indianapolis, IN Weather History | Weather Underground
Det NB's statements and last seen on cctv remarks

This is where the cctv screenshot was taken.
Note the small tree with the white tubing has grown and the crisp white parking lines have faded in the 2.4 years. The camera is on the top Rt of the YMCA.

Screenshot 2023-04-01 10.34.33 PM.png
Google Maps
Kirsten is walking on the sidewalk near the small tree that has since filled out.
The lights in the windows near the top are from the 3 level AM Apartments.
The lights to the far right are shining on parking at the back of Costco.

Screenshot 2023-04-01 10.37.36 PM.png
Google Maps

* * $10,000 reward for any information leading to Kirsten's whereabouts. * *

Please contact the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department at (317) 327-6160, or the Lauth Investigation International anonymous tip line at (317) 279-6082.

What I will say - reviewing the surveillance footage in the episode - the camera picks her up at 2am and glitches to 230 and she's gone. What's interesting is you can see a car's headlights or brake lights on the left side of the screen - that wasn't there at two am. I'd like someone else to review it and let me know their thoughts.

EDIT: nvm idk how i missed the posts about this!!

I’ve recently started following Kirsten Brueggeman’s MP case. Based on previous posts by other WS members and the MSM links in this thread we have a general idea of some of the events that took place that night.

As I understand it:

• Kirsten was living with her parents in their home on the northeast side of Indianapolis.
• She worked at a restaurant (Cici’s Pizza) on the city's south side.
• She called her mother, told her that she would not need a ride home from work, she was meeting friends.
• She went to Manley’s Irish Mutt, on the east side of Indianapolis.
• Kirsten's ex-boyfriend and several other people were with her at The Irish Mutt.
• Kirsten’s friends left her behind at the Irish Mutt after an argument to go bowling.
• Kirsten was last seen on video walking into the YMCA parking lot on Shortridge Rd around 2:00AM.

So based on all of the above, we know Kirsten left work that evening and went with a group of friends, including her ex-BF, to the Irish Mutt at 7041 E. 10th Street. The time they arrived at the Irish Mutt hasn’t been mentioned in the MSM reports I’ve seen, however all of the reports indicate there was an argument between Kirsten and her friends at some point while at the Irish Mutt. No details regarding the argument have been mentioned in the MSM reports AFAIK.

[…]
They said Kirsten got in a fight with her friends and her friends left the bar, but Kirsten stayed.
[…]

So because of this argument, Kirsten’s friends left her behind at the Irish Mutt. The specific time Kirsten’s friends left the Irish Mutt hasn’t been given in the media, so we don’t know how long Kirsten was there after her friends left. We also don’t know if Kirsten was intoxicated at the time, but we would expect both LE and the private investigator hired by Kirsten’s family would have that information via interviews with patrons and workers at the Irish Mutt.

[…]
Kirsten Brueggeman was last seen Saturday at about 12:20 a.m. walking southbound away from Manley’s Irish Mutt — located at 7041 E. 10th Street — in the direction of a bowling alley that was closed at the time.

She was seen on camera headed east past the Winner Woodworking Company — located at 702 N. Shortridge Road — and then began heading southbound on Shortridge Road towards E. Washington Street, according to IMPD. Police say it is currently unknown if she made it down to Washington Street.
[…]

IMPD asks for public’s help finding missing woman

So we know Kirsten left the Irish Mutt on foot around 12:20AM on 2 January, however we do not know where she was heading. She was carrying a white bag, but the contents of the bag, or where it came from, have not been mentioned AFAIK. If it contained a take out meal from the Irish Mutt then staff members would be able to verify that, and this possibility was mentioned by other members earlier in the thread.

[…]
She was heading south in the direction of the bowling alley that was closed at the time. She was seen via camera that she headed east past the Winner Woodworking Company located at (702 N. Shortridge Rd) and then began heading southbound on Shortridge Rd towards E. Washington Street.
[…]

[…]
She was seen via camera that she headed east past the Winner Woodworking Company located at (702 N. Shortridge Rd) and then began heading southbound on Shortridge Rd towards E. Washington Street.
[…]

I’ve seen nothing to indicate where these cameras are, the timestamps, or what businesses they might belong to, but apparently Kirsten’s walking path led south on Shortridge Rd.

[…]
[...]

Google Map

[…]
[...]

[...]
Kirsten was walking in an area of the parking lot that was fenced in. If the camera had continued working, she would have come back into view or would have had to climb over a fence, said Detective Nicole Bockting of the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department.

"The video cuts in and out,” Bockting said. “If it hadn't done that, we wouldn't be sitting here wondering where she is.”
[...]

So either at 12:30AM or 1:58AM (the YMCA camera timestamp), Kirsten walks into the fenced in YMCA parking lot, and it’s the last time she's seen. From police reports we know the camera at the YMCA was not functioning correctly, so unfortunately we have no further visual sightings of Kirsten. We don’t know if she reversed her route and walked out of the fenced in YMCA parking lot moments later, possibly heading south, or if she somehow climbed over or around the parking lot fence, or if something happened to her while she was inside the parking lot.

The still image of the parking lot shown in the MSM reports appears to be quite bright in the area where she was last seen. She’s also still carrying the white bag at this time, contents unknown.

Video image

So why would Kirsten walk into a fenced in parking lot, alone, late at night? Did she know this area well and knew about the fence, or did she wander in the parking lot looking for a possible shortcut to another destination? Could alcohol be a factor here?
kristin was indeed intoxicated. overly so. according to case detective (disappeared)
white bag was her white backpack. her dad identifies it in the disappeared episode.

This is where the cctv screenshot was taken.
Note the small tree with the white tubing has grown and the crisp white parking lines have faded in the 2.4 years. The camera is on the top Rt of the YMCA.

View attachment 412536
Google Maps
Kirsten is walking on the sidewalk near the small tree that has since filled out.
The lights in the windows near the top are from the 3 level AM Apartments.
The lights to the far right are shining on parking at the back of Costco.

View attachment 412538
Google Maps

* * $10,000 reward for any information leading to Kirsten's whereabouts. * *

Please contact the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department at (317) 327-6160, or the Lauth Investigation International anonymous tip line at (317) 279-6082.

Is there not headlights on in one of the cars to her right? It appears she's looking right at it.

It's been some time since I reviewed this case. I haven't seen the Disappeared episode but the summary indicates:

[...]
At approximately 2:00 am on January 2, 2021, Kirsten was last seen on surveillance footage walking through the parking lot of the Harper J. Ransburg Branch YMCA off of North Shortridge Road.

The footage shows her walking towards East Washington Street, but it is unknown if she ever made it there. Kirsten hasn’t been seen or heard from since.
[...]

Based on earlier sightings, we know she walked down Shortridge Rd to the YMCA parking lot. Kirsten was seen on video walking into the fenced parking area of the YMCA, but AFAIK there were no additional sightings of her after this.

Are there any indications that Kirsten was seen south of the YMCA, walking towards East Washington St?

What I will say - reviewing the surveillance footage in the episode - the camera picks her up at 2am and glitches to 230 and she's gone. What's interesting is you can see a car's headlights or brake lights on the left side of the screen - that wasn't there at two am. I'd like someone else to review it and let me know their thoughts.

EDIT: nvm idk how i missed the posts about this!!

Not sure what the deal is here - the black SUV is noted by the PI leaving the apartments onto N Shortridge Road at 02:38 and then returning around 03.15 - but prior to this (as you say) a saloon car emerges from behind the apartment building at 02:30:41 - immediately after the jump in the video. Also, prior to that a black/dark pickup is seen heading along the apartments towards N Shortridge Road at 01:53. As the detective said in the Disappeared episode - there seems to have been quite a lot of activity around the apartments at the time.

Saloon car appears at 24.15 in the Bitchute video of the Disappeared episode.
Pickup appears at 24.28 in the video.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
not_just_a_phase