IN - Kobi Walden, 31, murdered, Indianapolis, 1 May 2017

I am his sister. He was running. He was gay. And no, he definitely wasn't into drugs. His body was not found far from his apartment. It was behind the complex on a wooded trail he use to walk his dog on. He had just gotten home and never made it inside. He was my world, my best friend, and the best uncle to my kids. Someone needs to pay for what they did.
As an Indiana resident, north side, I am constantly looking for media updates, thinking of you and Kobi's family and friends, hoping there is more to go on to find this or these murderers. Why isn't there more Indy press in his murder and the investigation? I am so sorry for your loss. Kobi seemed to be loved by many. There have to be answers and anything you can share, this group is amazing.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

As an Indiana resident, north side, I am constantly looking for media updates, thinking of you and Kobi's family and friends, hoping there is more to go on to find this or these murderers. Why isn't there more Indy press in his murder and the investigation? I am so sorry for your loss. Kobi seemed to be loved by many. There have to be answers and anything you can share, this group is amazing.

I'm not sure what I can/should share. They think he was targeted, but for what reason I am unsure. I don't understand why there hasn't been more press either. I contacted RTV6 today to ask why they haven't posted anything. I also have been contacted by a national program that covers unsolved crimes. I am trying to contact them again to see what they can do. I'm getting really frustrated that it seems that no one but those who loved him care about what happened to him. He had just gotten home from Kroger, had been sitting in his car for about 20 minutes snap chatting at about 10pm, and then the reports say shots fired was at about 10:04. Something happened in around 5 minutes that led to his death. They did find his bags and things on the ground in front of the complex, and know that he ran around back. He had lived in the complex for 3 years and never even had so much as his car broken into. That's about all the details I know/feel comfortable sharing. I saw these posts are public...

I will also say that I helped him move into a different apartment in the complex just a month ago, and all of the neighbors seemed very friendly and often offered to help lift heavy things up to his floor. The night I helped him move, we were out there until 11pm moving things. No suspicious activity that I saw at all. It's all just so surreal for me.

I'm not sure what I can/should share. They think he was targeted, but for what reason I am unsure. I don't understand why there hasn't been more press either. I contacted RTV6 today to ask why they haven't posted anything. I also have been contacted by a national program that covers unsolved crimes. I am trying to contact them again to see what they can do. I'm getting really frustrated that it seems that no one but those who loved him care about what happened to him. He had just gotten home from Kroger, had been sitting in his car for about 20 minutes snap chatting at about 10pm, and then the reports say shots fired was at about 10:04. Something happened in around 5 minutes that led to his death. They did find his bags and things on the ground in front of the complex, and know that he ran around back. He had lived in the complex for 3 years and never even had so much as his car broken into. That's about all the details I know/feel comfortable sharing. I saw these posts are public...

No security cameras at the apt complex?

Was he running before or after Kroger? Has his Snapchat been investigated? Hadn't heard of the gun shots. Were they while he was sitting in his car? Did he snapchat about the gun shots or were these reported later? Where was his dog? Who knew he was sitting in his car? I know you're overwhelmed but trying to put pieces together since there has been no public news. Again, so sorry for your loss. Can't imagine. Trying to help.

I just hope they find the ******* that did this he was a wonderful man! We loved him!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

I am his sister. He was running. He was gay. And no, he definitely wasn't into drugs. His body was not found far from his apartment. It was behind the complex on a wooded trail he use to walk his dog on. He had just gotten home and never made it inside. He was my world, my best friend, and the best uncle to my kids. Someone needs to pay for what they did.

I never met Kobi, but I cannot understand why there is not more coverage about this. I live in Indy and heard about this from mutual friends. I really want justice for Kobi. I am so sorry for your loss [emoji171].

ETA: I started this post pretty much because of the lack of coverage I've seen locally. It doesn't seem right. Thank you so much for all your contribution and info, KKlein.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome KKlein. My deepest sympathies to you and your family. In the days, weeks and months ahead please know that your WS friends are always here to support you and to help in anyway that we can.

Was he running before or after Kroger? Has his Snapchat been investigated? Hadn't heard of the gun shots. Were they while he was sitting in his car? Did he snapchat about the gun shots or were these reported later? Where was his dog? Who knew he was sitting in his car? I know you're overwhelmed but trying to put pieces together since there has been no public news. Again, so sorry for your loss. Can't imagine. Trying to help.

He wasn't running to run, he was running from the shooter and being shot in the process. I think they are looking into his Snapchat account. The gun shots reported are those that killed him so no, he did not speak of them. His dog was inside. He posted on his Facebook at 9:57 pm that he had been sitting in his car for 20 minutes because his muscles were sore from derby. He also sent a snap to all his friends basically saying the same thing closer to 10pm. So that's how we know he was sitting in his car. We knew about Kroger because of security footage and grocery bags. And no, there are no cameras at the apt complex.

He wasn't running to run, he was running from the shooter and being shot in the process. I think they are looking into his Snapchat account. The gun shots reported are those that killed him so no, he did not speak of them. His dog was inside. He posted on his Facebook at 9:57 pm that he had been sitting in his car for 20 minutes because his muscles were sore from derby. He also sent a snap to all his friends basically saying the same thing closer to 10pm. So that's how we know he was sitting in his car. We knew about Kroger because of security footage and grocery bags. And no, there are no cameras at the apt complex.
I hope they find something soon they have had time!

Has there been any news on this case? Still haven't seen anything on local news. :/

Police say Kobi Walden, 31, died from multiple gunshot wounds, and the case is being investigated as a homicide.

“I heard 6 or 7 rounds and thought it was fireworks....
bbm

Not much info to go on but will take a closer look.

Anyone from the area that can give some insight to the neighborhood?

http://fox59.com/2017/05/02/police-investigating-body-found-on-south-side/

I live in this neighborhood not at the front by the single apartments but in the townhomes and this is a general quiet area. This is only the second crime in 4yrs that has happened in this complex. The first one was a man was hit with a pistol and robbed in the middle of the complexes. Everyone is quick to know everything here. The maintenance and management sucks but gun fire here is not something you here or police sirens or a murder. Praying for his family and friends and that they find this monster.

I hope they find something soon they have had time!

I went up there when cops were up there the next day and the was a green and black duffel bag as well as a few other bags on the sidewalk they were looking into

I live in this neighborhood not at the front by the single apartments but in the townhomes and this is a general quiet area. This is only the second crime in 4yrs that has happened in this complex. The first one was a man was hit with a pistol and robbed in the middle of the complexes. Everyone is quick to know everything here. The maintenance and management sucks but gun fire here is not something you here or police sirens or a murder. Praying for his family and friends and that they find this monster.

Wow, thanks for joining to give your view. Welcome!

Is there any talk among the residents that may lead to some answers?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tici
Back