IN IN - Kristy Kelley, 27, Boonville, 15 Aug 2014 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
When living in Boonville, is it common to go to Kentucky?

It is certainly not uncommon. Owensboro, KY and Henderson, KY are both about a 30-45 minute drive from Boonville depending on how fast you drive and traffic conditions.

My husband was a heavy equipment operater so I have seen the work in progress . I cant find a google image to do it justice to show you what they look like before their reclaimed.

From the pictures I looked at that bessie provided, the walls surrounding stripper pits (also called quarries) seem high and steep. Pushing a car off the ledge and into the water doesn't look like it would be easy necessarily. There are probably all kinds of pits though as they are described as ranging from smallish to very, very large.
In one article is described fishing and conditions needed to stock fish. Do these have boat launches created and/or do people fish from the shore? The pictures depict sharp drop offs but there appears to be jagged edges with little coverage (vista) if one drove a car up to the edge and had to work to push it over. Some pits are probably remote though. The person would definitely have to know where they were going and planning to do with a car ahead of time if planning to use a stripper pit for disposal. What do you and/or hubby think about this concerned?

A thought about body shops crossed my mind. Not exactly body shops but places that strip cars down to parts. Somebody may have access to a business like this to break down Kristy's vehicle. Probably someone else would be around though, so risky, unless the weekend provided alone time. Can a person do a job like that by himself and do it quickly?

The fact is, with no cameras in the VFW, and not really knowing who was in her vehicle when it was seen on CCTV, we really don't have anything to go on regarding a non-accident theory. I mean, I guess I want to know what the other couple (right-there was another couple in the bar toward closing that were not the couple she came with right?) have to say.

So many possibilities. I remember partying in a small town in Kansas in my late teens--some were doing cocaine, and for awhile the rumours of snitches and informants and undercovers was out. Of. control. To the point where people were afraid of getting labeled as a narc. To this day, I really don't ever think there were any undercover cops. Not saying there are drugs involved at all, just something that came to mind.

My niece is a sweet girl who has had a lot of problems. Sweet to us, but a mouthy girl. One night she was drinking and whatever with her so-called friends and she mouthed off to the wrong guy. He beat her unconscious. No one took her to hospital because they were all high. Luckily she is physically fine. And she knows who did this to her but will never say. It's an ingrained, no-snitch part of her drug using culture :(
Again, not saying she was using drugs. Just some thoughts.

Also strange that we have heard zip about her ex. Zip. Kids were with mom and dad that night, right? Where was he? Not saying anything, but child support can feel mighty heavy to some.

I think she was taken by someone that's done this before. From what I understand, this area has very little crime.

That's what they say, little crime, but people have pulled up about five to seven cases of teens and women who've gone missing recently - very recently and over the past few years.

First I thought kids were already with dad that night, then I thought they went the next day, then it was back to being with their dad when Kristy went out...anyone know for sure?

From the pictures I looked at that bessie provided, the walls surrounding stripper pits (also called quarries) seem high and steep. Pushing a car off the ledge and into the water doesn't look like it would be easy necessarily. There are probably all kinds of pits though as they are described as ranging from smallish to very, very large.
In one article is described fishing and conditions needed to stock fish. Do these have boat launches created and/or do people fish from the shore? The pictures depict sharp drop offs but there appears to be jagged edges with little coverage (vista) if one drove a car up to the edge and had to work to push it over. Some pits are probably remote though. The person would definitely have to know where they were going and planning to do with a car ahead of time if planning to use a stripper pit for disposal. What do you and/or hubby think about this concerned?

A thought about body shops crossed my mind. Not exactly body shops but places that strip cars down to parts. Somebody may have access to a business like this to break down Kristy's vehicle. Probably someone else would be around though, so risky, unless the weekend provided alone time. Can a person do a job like that by himself and do it quickly?

There are hundreds of them in Southern In. Some just look like lakes and easily accessable.

Hey Guys! I'm not saying exactly where I'm at but I can tell you I live less than an hour from boonville and have been through the area many times. You guys are right. There's very little crime in the area. I'm actually from Detroit so the peace and quiet is a welcome comfort. Lately, with the women/children going missing; we've been locking our doors at night. I'm happy to say I sometimes forget that the world can be a cruel place and I go to bed with windows unlocked, doors unsecured and have left my keys in my car a few times. Never really had a problem until recently. I also agree that the only "big" drug around here is meth. So if something is "going on" it's usually a personal matter, or someone she knows and who also knows the area. Much like the hills of Kentucky, you need to know the backroads or you can get lost "out in the county". Boonville isn't that large of a town. Everyone knows everyone and even in neighboring counties. Loose lips sink ships..and I believe it will come to that sooner rather than later. Just my two cents and my honest opinion.

There are people that swim (and drown) in them. They may seem shallow and all of a sudden drop off really deep.When googling earlier there was an article about 2 people drowning.

Hey Guys! I'm not saying exactly where I'm at but I can tell you I live less than an hour from boonville and have been through the area many times. You guys are right. There's very little crime in the area. I'm actually from Detroit so the peace and quiet is a welcome comfort. Lately, with the women/children going missing; we've been locking our doors at night. I'm happy to say I sometimes forget that the world can be a cruel place and I go to bed with windows unlocked, doors unsecured and have left my keys in my car a few times. Never really had a problem until recently. I also agree that the only "big" drug around here is meth. So if something is "going on" it's usually a personal matter, or someone she knows and who also knows the area. Much like the hills of Kentucky, you need to know the backroads or you can get lost "out in the county". Boonville isn't that large of a town. Everyone knows everyone and even in neighboring counties. Loose lips sink ships..and I believe it will come to that sooner rather than later. Just my two cents and my honest opinion.

You are right. Most of the crimes are meth and thiefs.Violent crimes do occur but are rare. And everone has relatives in all these counties

There are hundreds of them in Southern In. Some just look like lakes and easily accessable.
Very true!!!

You can bet if police don't have solid leads from rumors, that it wasn't a local that is responsible for her disappearing.

They are starting to narrow down the leads. I take that as a good thing and hopefully some movement soon as requestening certain people and hopefully some search warrants.

Id be happy if they had a strong enough lead to request a specific area be searched.

You can bet if police don't have solid leads from rumors, that it wasn't a local that is responsible for her disappearing.

RSBM:
I can say that the police do their job to the fullest around here, that's for sure. I wonder if it's someone that used to live in the area and had recently moved out of town? Or someone who owns a bunch of land that could pretty much do what they wanted. IMPO that's probably why I hadn't made that many friends around here. Being from Detroit, I'm too scared that someone would take me out on their sprawling acres of land in one of those secluded cabins and do Lord knows What... (I guess I could be a bit paranoid.) But anything's possible. I also wonder if this is in any way connected to the Lauren Spierer case? It's not that far from Evansville if you think about it..Just throwing ideas out there. JMO

Are these the people she was out with that night?

I'm not feeling accident. JMO. The "small dispute" with the friends she was with keeps nagging at me. Is it known if her friends were going to SS as well? Were they all going to drive seperately? Of she was supposed to hang out with bartender, did bartender try to call her?

The cellphone. It's possible someone took her cellphone when she wasn't looking. Far fetched, I know, but perhaps there are some in her group that she trusted too much. Hard to know without release of any real information.

Yes, driving separately. The friends (a couple) left about an hour earlier (though in an early interview her dad stated 15 minutes earlier) than Kristy did. The time must be closer to an hour because Kristy was visiting with the female bartender prior to leaving and using the restroom where her phone was discovered (the following morning I guess). It is being assumed that Kristy left her cellphone behind by mistake. Her mom said she can't imagine that though because Kristy would have noticed her missing phone before leaving the building. The first report was the couple left ahead of Kristy because Kristy needed to use the restroom first. :thinking: The two versions told make the timeline confusing.

Are they/have they searched Scales Lake?
Either no one knows or no one is saying why the beach is closed this weekend.

The timeline is very confusing because it would only take a couple of minutes to get from vfw to tastee freez cam. IIRC the early reports had her leavinng vfw 20 min sooner before cam picked up her car.

Id be happy if they had a strong enough lead to request a specific area be searched.

Maybe I'm reading too much into your remark - you are happy, don't know if you're happy because you're not certain or feel certain LE is searching a specific area at this time?

The timeline is very confusing because it would only take a couple of minutes to get from vfw to tastee freez cam. IIRC the early reports had her leavinng vfw 20 min sooner before cam picked up her car.

Everything I've read had her leaving VFW about 1:30 a.m. I can't recall reading the times of both videos except one stated 1:50 something I believe. The second one, on the road that's further back, was about 20 minutes later. I'm not sure which video the time refers to though. But, if she left at 1:30, you're saying she should be on camera at 1:35 - not 20 minutes later. Correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member