IN IN - Kristy Kelley, 27, Boonville, 15 Aug 2014 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
How would the morning person know Kristy was in the bar the night before? I mean how does one put the fact a person is missing with a phone found in the restroom? Does that mean the phone was powered on ?

:dunno: but the first thing I do when I find something laying around (pretend I work in the place or may be a customer using the bathroom and find something of value in a stall I've chosen to use) is look to see if I can identify it. If the phone was found on, (here's where I'm weak - all technology but I know how to open a wallet!), isn't there a way to access the phone number within the phone? Or you can call the number listed under "mom" and leave a message a phone was found.

If the phone was lost shortly before 1:30 a.m. and was on, there probably would still be power left in the morning. If I found it, I'd be curious to know who the phone belongs to and (as a do onto others as you would have them do onto you kind of thing) let them know their phone was found and is in good hands.

If I worked in the bar and found a phone and was visiting with a specific person late into the night, I might check with them (since they were the last to leave), to see if they had their phone. But I doubt the bartender was the first one to arrive in the morning and guess she didn't use the john before leaving around 2:00 a.m.

If the phone was powered off or the battery was dead, then I guess there's no way to know whose phone it is and you'd just wait for someone to claim their lost phone. I'm curious to know if the phone was on or off when it was found or if the person who found it bothered to check. If it was an old man who found the phone, it is possible he wouldn't know how to use it!

Apparently, when the VFW people heard Kristy was missing, someone linked the lost phone to Kristy. Seeing she was the last one there, why didn't someone think about that anyway? How does the conclusion fit? Because nobody had called about a missing phone yet so it must have belonged to Kristy? Or, if Kristy's parents knew she went to the VFW, maybe they contacted the VFW first, after they discovered she didn't show up for work, and that's how the connection to the lost phone was made.

As far as I can tell, there are only three employees at the VFW. Maybe they are all bartenders and the new bartender is a relief person for the manager and other person? Do they have an active kitchen/cook?
Who came in to open? And if the cleaning person found the phone (or did he?) then how was the phone found in the morning? Who actually found the phone? Do they use a cleaning service or is the cleaning man the same guy every time along with having other roles?
Early on, one of the parents said that police have talked to the cleaning man several times.

What's strange is that the employees left Kristy sitting in the bar area alone if the doors were still unlocked. If the only reason Kristy was still there was because she was waiting for the bartender to finish working, I find it odd Kristy wouldn't walk to the office area to say she decided to go home after all. It is against common sense for Kristy to leave without saying a word. I feel the same way about her friends who claim they were expecting her over at SS. Why didn't they try to find out why Kristy was delayed when she didn't show up within a reasonable time. There's always the possibility the reports are twisted but, if not, both accounts of the night seem strange imo.

I'm unable to link scales lake from phone but, if you scroll down says beach closed as of Aug. 10 th. So, I doubt it's search related. MOO!

Thanks. Never heard of a beach closing this early before. Some close during the week and then open up on weekends through Labor Day. Oh well, just sleuthing!

:dunno: but the first thing I do when I find something laying around (pretend I work in the place or may be a customer using the bathroom and find something of value in a stall I've chosen to use) is look to see if I can identify it. If the phone was found on, (here's where I'm weak - all technology but I know how to open a wallet!), isn't there a way to access the phone number within the phone? Or you can call the number listed under "mom" and leave a message a phone was found.

If the phone was lost shortly before 1:30 a.m. and was on, there probably would still be power left in the morning. If I found it, I'd be curious to know who the phone belongs to and (as a do onto others as you would have them do onto you kind of thing) let them know their phone was found and is in good hands.

If I worked in the bar and found a phone and was visiting with a specific person late into the night, I might check with them (since they were the last to leave), to see if they had their phone. But I doubt the bartender was the first one to arrive in the morning and guess she didn't use the john before leaving around 2:00 a.m.

If the phone was powered off or the battery was dead, then I guess there's no way to know whose phone it is and you'd just wait for someone to claim their lost phone. I'm curious to know if the phone was on or off when it was found or if the person who found it bothered to check. If it was an old man who found the phone, it is possible he wouldn't know how to use it!

Apparently, when the VFW people heard Kristy was missing, someone linked the lost phone to Kristy. Seeing she was the last one there, why didn't someone think about that anyway? How does the conclusion fit? Because nobody had called about a missing phone yet so it must have belonged to Kristy? Or, if Kristy's parents knew she went to the VFW, maybe they contacted the VFW first, after they discovered she didn't show up for work, and that's how the connection to the lost phone was made.

As far as I can tell, there are only three employees at the VFW. Maybe they are all bartenders and the new bartender is a relief person for the manager and other person? Do they have an active kitchen/cook?
Who came in to open? And if the cleaning person found the phone (or did he?) then how was the phone found in the morning? Who actually found the phone? Do they use a cleaning service or is the cleaning man the same guy every time along with having other roles?
Early on, one of the parents said that police have talked to the cleaning man several times.

What's strange is that the employees left Kristy sitting in the bar area alone if the doors were still unlocked. If the only reason Kristy was still there was because she was waiting for the bartender to finish working, I find it odd Kristy wouldn't walk to the office area to say she decided to go home after all. It is against common sense for Kristy to leave without saying a word. I feel the same way about her friends who claim they were expecting her over at SS. Why didn't they try to find out why Kristy was delayed when she didn't show up within a reasonable time. There's always the possibility the reports are twisted but, if not, both accounts of the night seem strange imo.

The phone was password protected. Saw that on a post on fb where the police took it to someone to have it unlocked. I do find it a crazy coincidence as well to lose your phone and end up missing.

Have they released anything regarding what was logged on her phone, text messages/call log..? I wonder if she got lured away via the cell phone and in the rush to leave for the "emergency" forgetting the cell phone and not saying anything to her friend. All only my opinion.

Love Kills

Have they released anything regarding what was logged on her phone, text messages/call log..? I wonder if she got lured away via the cell phone and in the rush to leave for the "emergency" forgetting the cell phone and not saying anything to her friend. All only my opinion.

Love Kills

Le has said nothing...some FB postings indicated nothing of value was found in phone records/activity. If true, and if she has been harmed, she must have just run into someone by chance, Imo. I would imagine that would be fairly common in a smaller town, where people know each other's vehicles. She could have been flagged down by an acquaintance or even someone she had been hoping to see that night. So many possibilities, none eliminated.

Oops! lol I fixed that. :tyou:

Guess you fixed it Bessie cuz I can see it. Wish we knew where she lived and get that put on the map, just to see how much further she had to go to get home.

Guess you fixed it Bessie cuz I can see it. Wish we knew where she lived and get that put on the map, just to see how much further she had to go to get home.

It can be easily found but maybe against rules to post due to family.....

After looking at the (very helpful) map, in my opinion it would be unlikely that someone forced Kristy into her car at the vfw against her will then drove down what looks to be the biggest street in town (Main st) in her car. Seems like it would be the most likely street to be noticed driving on.

It can be easily found but maybe against rules to post due to family.....

Yeh, I realize that, I just don't have clue in which direction her family lives in relationship to the VFW or TF, or SS. I am directionally challenged, been my whole life and as often as everyone has talked about N, S, E, W and how many miles from the VFW she lived, I don't get it. The map Bessie made it very helpful to me to understand where everything else is. But I have no clue in which direction she would have traveled to get home. None. Sorry to be so dense. I was born with a broken compass.

I'm not going to give a street or address, but it is between Southide bar and City Lake #1. Just trying to give an idea of the area.

I think it can be okay to say she lives about a mile west-ish of the VFW...south-ish of Main. I don't think that is too specific-ish?

I think it can be okay to say she lives about a mile west-ish of the VFW...south-ish of Main. I don't think that is too specific-ish?
You're right. A general area, and the direction relative to the other sites is okay. I'll note it on the map. Thanks.

Yes-they know who she is, in my opinion-but it's not for public consumption yet, probably because her next-of-kin haven't yet been informed
My first thought was Megan. Praying I'm wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Core.B