IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
could be that great grandma that disappeared from Noblesville which is NW of that area where the body was found. They say the womans body was badly decomposed. I know of no other wissing women recently other than that grandma and LS. So it could be either. My guess is it's the grandma.

However, two PsOI went to High School not far from that area where the body was found.

So we will find out tomorrow.

When did this grandma go missing?

When did this grandma go missing?

I believe it was 10 days after Lauren. Here is her case:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140406"]IN IN - Dorothy Heard, 74, Noblesville, 13 June 2011 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Grandma went missing June 13 I believe.

In this weather, in the outdoors, it wouldnt take long for a body to become badly decomposed in a few weeks time.

I dont know too much about this, but if LS was carried, would that make sense for the dogs to lose her scent? Do the dogs usually only pick up a scent if the person was walking?

If so, then this makes sense...especially since she was barefoot. She could have been carried, or more likely...given a piggy back ride somewhere.
Air scent dogs would be able to detect her presence even if she was carried. Some air scent dogs are trained to track persons along highways where they might have travelled in cars.

In doing a quick WS search, I found a few cases in Indiana of missing women recently:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127749"]IN IN - Roxanne Shah, 47, Indianapolis, 07-Feb-2011 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137055"]IN IN-Valerie Carter, 20, Indianapolis, 18 May 2011 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I have not taken the time to read either of these cases, so I dont know all of the details.

All the info I see says it's pretty advanced decomposition-they can't even figure out what race the person was.

There are five stages in human decomposition and even as early as the "fresh" stage the skin has begun to rupture as the body fluids burst through; so if the determination of race is not anthropological and rather based on appearance definitive determination might be difficult early on. By the second stage, "bloat", the body would be filled wilh gases but yet recognizable as a human. By the "active" stage the body has lost so much mass that, in this sighting, a child would probably not have identified it.

Anyway, sorry for the TMI, my point in this regard is simply that I would suspect that there is already some determination as to whether this is LS or not based as I previously stated on accoutrements that were found on or near her, piercings especially of cartilage, and obvious dental condition, which might eliminate her.

There are five stages in human decomposition and even as early as the "fresh" stage the skin has begun to rupture as the body fluids burst through; so if the determination of race is not anthropological and rather based on appearance definitive determination might be difficult early on. By the second stage, "bloat", the body would be filled wilh gases but yet recognizable as a human. By the "active" stage the body has lost so much mass that, in this sighting, a child would probably not have identified it.

Anyway, sorry for the TMI, my point in this regard is simply that I would suspect that there is already some determination as to whether this is LS or not based as I previously stated on accoutrements that were found on or near her, piercings especially of cartilage, and obvious dental condition, which might eliminate her.

Well it doesn't sound like they have eliminated LS as of yet. But even if it is not LS, sounds like another missing woman's case will be solved (at least to the point of finding her body).

Well it doesn't sound like they have eliminated LS as of yet. But even if it is not LS, sounds like another missing woman's case will be solved (at least to the point of finding her body).

Resolution to someone.

All the 3 cases I've followed closely lately - Kyron, Hailey, Lauren - have remained with no resolution.

It really breaks my heart.

The talking blonde head on FoxNews just said that the Indpls Police Dept said that they "are going to be in contact with Bloomington police who are investigating the dissappearance of Lauren Spierer." I dont know if that is true or not. But if it is true, a BIG IF,...... then I would imagine that perhaps some items like clothing matched up. But we shall see.

I just checked google. Valerie Carter has been found and she is safe at home.

But Roxanne is still missing as far as I can tell.
So I suppose that body could be hers. Location and timing sounds about right.

The talking blonde head on FoxNews just said that the Indpls Police Dept said that they "are going to be in contact with Bloomington police who are investigating the dissappearance of Lauren Spierer." I dont know if that is true or not. But if it is true, a BIG IF,...... then I would imagine that perhaps some items like clothing matched up. But we shall see.

B police have made contact according to a couple of news sources, but claim it is just standard procedure at this point...who knows...can't understand why a big city like Indianapolis wouldn't have someone on duty to perform an autopsy on a holiday weekend, there are always plenty of deaths...if that is the hold-up.

Well the report was that IMPD was going to contact BPD, not the other way around.

Autopsies are rarely done on weekends. Coroners office in Marion county contracts out. Weekend bodies are brough usually to IU Hospital (if they are still doing autopsies for marion County) and put "on ice" till the next workday. Which would be tomorrow. So whoever is on duty tomorrow knows now that he/she will be fiddling with a badly decomposed body.

I'd be shocked it this is Lauren, too. It would be pretty daring/bold to drive that far with her in the car/trunk, if she was already dead. And why pass up so many rural spots on the way?

I may have missed the answer to my question in one of the articles, but...

Do they know, or how can they tell, that the body was placed in the creek at the recovery site? Could it have been placed in the water somewhere upstream?

A big thank you to :+:MrTT:+: and Btown for their excellent teamwork tonight!

:toast: :toast:

:yourock:
For easy reference, I've copied the photos with Btown's comments to the Photo Thread

Clicking the "thanks" button wasn't enough for me. The pictures and maps have been extremely helpful to me, as a navigationally-challenged (putting it nicely) person.

I won't comment on that, because as you said, it's a big IF. But, performing the autopsy on Tuesday seems like there is a sense of urgency. If there were not currently two high profile cases of missing women in Indiana, I suspect it would take longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kakkilynn