IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow, I had no idea it was so close to 5 North. Are there empty lots and any abandoned homes?

Yes.

This is why I said in a previous post that 5 North is like the edge of civilization.

I just remembered...there is a storage facility, you know like one of those U-Store places where you pay monthly. Some people live there.

I was hoping someone could help find the source of this "search dogs losing her trail in the gravel lot" story. I know it gets commented on a lot, but I can't find mention of it anywhere and it seems pretty unlike LE in this case to let that out.

TIA

Yes, I am astonished at how some have accepted this as fact since it was a just a comment made (somewhere I don't remember) yet we have witnesses at Kilroys attesting that LS was extremely wasted, talking about all the coke, xanax and booze she had, and yet, some people choose not to believe that.

Since it seems we could use some more topics, I would like someone who has been following this from early on to fill me on on two things. First, the scream supposedly heard by a homeless person at around 4:30 AM. I heard it was discounted... why? by whom? how?
Second.. when I first started reading this thread, there was talk of a neighborhood that wasn't so great... something-Hill. Can someone tell me about that neighborhood, where it is, how far, and the likelihood that all of it and its surrounding area was searched?

thanks!!

Sorry, I'm trying to make dinner. Just want to make sure that you read my first response to you because I edited it.

I cannot imagine that this area was searched thoroughly because it is fairly dense and all private property.

Yes.

This is why I said in a previous post that 5 North is like the edge of civilization.

I just remembered...there is a storage facility, you know like one of those U-Store places where you pay monthly. Some people live there.

Was this entire area included when LE said that they had completely searched a 10 mile radius?
I wonder if JR/?/LS took a little trip out there and LS got into some trouble and JR/? hightailed it home w/o her. Would be a little more incentive to make up the "saw her walking to the corner" story maybe.

We don't know how much cash she had available to her, or if some group or individual may have assisted her.

I do not believe it is possible to pay cash for a flight to Israel. they have been targeted by hijackers and terrorists since the late 1960's and have the world's most thorough security.

they would never let her on the plane.

I do not believe it is possible to pay cash for a flight to Israel. they have been targeted by hijackers and terrorists since the late 1960's and have the world's most thorough security.

they would never let her on the plane.

Someone could have assisted her.

Also, I hope the "flew to Israel" musings can be put to rest. Have any of you flown to Israel? VERY DIFFICULT! You are questioned, grilled, no one disheveled or confused or upset could possibly pass their psychological questions (for the safety of all), you leave a tremendous paper trail, and finally, you are issued a tourist Visa before you can leave the port of entry!!!

Once someone gets drunk, they do not remain drunk forever. Once they cease drinking, the effect wears off. Her visa for the recent trip in April may still have been in effect.

Does anyone have any idea about the scream, please? It was heard by a homeless man, around 4:30 AM and then later discounted. I remember that someone (Press, LE?) walked around with the guy. I really would like to find where and when that was discussed and I am coming up empty when I search.

Yes, I am astonished at how some have accepted this as fact since it was a just a comment made (somewhere I don't remember) yet we have witnesses at Kilroys attesting that LS was extremely wasted, talking about all the coke, xanax and booze she had, and yet, some people choose not to believe that.

Did these witnesses make statements to any mainstream news sources, or LE?

Did these witnesses make statements to any mainstream news sources, or LE?

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

when asked about rumors of OD LE clearly answers that they have heard.
There is an article with a witness on TG's website with a witness from Kilroys.

The dog losing scent trail is where?????????????????? Nowhere. In a comment.

eta: and the half-life of Xanax is extremely long, so no, it doesn't wear off in time to get on flight and look presentable. Don't you think that if her passport was used, LE would know by now? The FBI was on an assist to this case early on. And wouldn't it be more likely she would be kidnapped by a gang of fundamentalist Christians than Jews, considering how many more Christians there are? And her mother isn't Jewish. Not many ultra-orthodox Jews are going to give her a second thought, sorry to say.
Now, if you don't mind, I am pretty done with this topic.

Does anyone have any idea about the scream, please? It was heard by a homeless man, around 4:30 AM and then later discounted. I remember that someone (Press, LE?) walked around with the guy. I really would like to find where and when that was discussed and I am coming up empty when I search.

Don't think this is much help, but was the only thing I could find:

http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/stories/2011/06/09/news.qp-6103048.sto

Unsurprisingly no follow-up to their reporter walking with him, read in to that how you see fit.

unfortunately discussions on some of these threads go so far from fact it is sad and it only serves to shut down participation.

Don't think this is much help, but was the only thing I could find:

http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/stories/2011/06/09/news.qp-6103048.sto

Unsurprisingly no follow-up to their reporter walking with him, read in to that how you see fit.

thank you so much!!!!

so we have no idea why this scream was never mentioned again. Oh, that is just so frustrating!!
We’re still checking on a report that a homeless man heard a woman scream about 4:35 a.m. Friday at a location just west of where Spierer was last seen. One of our reporters Thursday walked, with the man, along the route he said he took early Friday morning. He also has told police what he heard.

thank you so much!!!!
We’re still checking on a report that a homeless man heard a woman scream about 4:35 a.m. Friday at a location just west of where Spierer was last seen. One of our reporters Thursday walked, with the man, along the route he said he took early Friday morning. He also has told police what he heard.
so we have no idea why this scream was never mentioned again. Oh, that is just so frustrating!!

Cringing a bit as I write this, but what would be your guess as to how a homeless man knows the precise time?

Cringing a bit as I write this, but what would be your guess as to how a homeless man knows the precise time?

hmm. Well, it did look like she had on a watch in that photo. If it was dropped... would he fess up to having picked it up? Don't know.
It's a little too far out there for me to go right now though.

But I am sure that LE asked the same question.

I know. Respectfully Walker, do you know anything about EL-AL? They were locking their cockpit doors way before 9/11. They have Uzis at the ready. They DO NOT fool around -- and have been the target of criticism for their ways.

LS had been to Israel previously. Why would they think that LS is a criminal? I don't get it.

hmm. Well, it did look like she had on a watch in that photo. If it was dropped... would he fess up to having picked it up? Don't know.
It's a little too far out there for me to go right now though.

But I am sure that LE asked the same question.

Another very speculative abduction related topic, there is a halfway house located at the corner of 11th and Walnut a block away from last reported location (Amethyst House). Maybe someone else local can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it is for outpatient services (methadone? counseling?) not actual residential? Just thought it may be another spot where some troubled individuals may congregate.

LS had been to Israel previously. Why would they think that LS is a criminal? I don't get it.

Walker. With all due respect your theory makes no sense whatsoever. The girl was intoxicated without shoes, phone or keys. And you argue that she disappeared all of the sudden without getting her clothes, or anything else from her house and without letting her parents know to go suddenly to Israel. Think about it, it makes no sense and, honestly, it is not worth discussing. Sorry, I am trying to be respectful but lets get real.

Walker....

Where do you find anything about JR making any statements about LS's condition?

http://www.lohud.com/article/201106...isappearance?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|News|p

Said Tamir, "(Rosenbaum) was with Lauren that night, and he was the last person to see her as she walked out of his house ... he made that very clear that Friday when we first realized she was missing and I believe him."

Additionally, he also asked LS to stay on his couch, and made some comment about if she stumbled, he would not let her leave, or something to that effect.

Another very speculative abduction related topic, there is a halfway house located at the corner of 11th and Walnut a block away from last reported location (Amethyst House). Maybe someone else local can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it is for outpatient services (methadone? counseling?) not actual residential? Just thought it may be another spot where some troubled individuals may congregate.
Doubtful at 4:30AM I would think...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member