IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is happening with the World? We do not know who killed Morgan Harrington... we do not know where is Kyron Horman and Hailey Dunn. We are trying to find out what in the world happened with Lauren Spierer...

...and

Brittanee Drexel - suspects - no body...no crime...no witness to the abduction

Hailey Dunn - suspect - no body...no crime...no witness to the abduction

Paige Johnson - suspect - no body...no crime...no witness to the abduction

Molly Datillo - suspect - no body...no crime...no witness to the abduction but family won civil judgement

Kyron Horman - no body...no crime...no witness to the abduction

Philicia Barnes - located deceased - no suspects named

Poor little Lindsey Baum - no suspect - no witness - no Lindsey...just vanished off the street of her village one Friday night...turns my stomach.

The list of kids goes on and on and on....cold cases, old cases.....then their are the older missing persons...

Just speculating..
But i am thinking perhaps. That she could be out of sight.
Just not well hidden.
And by the actions of some.
I wonder if this to be true?

A good thing about the Spierer's making an announcement at the fireworks last night is that unlike activities in the city of Bloomington and on campus, there were probably lots of people from the county and adjacent counties too. Hopefully they are looking in their sheds, etc.

I'm going to map out a grid and start driving lesser traveled roads every chance I get, as much as once a day.

....The distance from the alley way, and the railing area where they were found are only a few feet apart from each other.
And i believe right after the event. within the 9 or ten minutes.......the other person/persons came alone and found them there and left them where they said they did.........I believe they just missed the abduction by minutes........I did-not see any noticeable street lights back there in the area. And i am speculating at that time in the morning it is very dark and hard to see.....

(snipped by me). Is there grass around the railing, or is this area all gravel? You speculate that it's "very dark and hard to see" and I believe somewhere in your post (which I now realized I snipped out - sorry!) that you don't recall seeing lights back there. If so, I struggle with how not one, but TWO separate people would just happen to come along and find her coin purse/wristlet (whatever we are calling it). That's always been odd to me and now that I know it's dark back there, it's even more so. If there is grass back there, it would be even harder to spot. If it was just laying out in the open and that easy to see, you'd think that the perp would not have left it there. Another thing, and I've said this before, I find it extremely strange that one person just left it laying there, doing nothing, then another walks by and places it up on a rail. I mean really, that's what you do with a hubcap, propping it up somewhere. A purse goes to the police. There has been mention of keys. If these were car keys, you'd definitely think someone would turn them in to police. If they were a room key, you'd think that they'd find out where the person lived by the stamp on the key and turn them in there. That's what I think most people would do.

It's quite depressing to know that even if the body is ever found, the evidence would have degraded and quite possible no one will be put on trial or convicted of anything.
No body, no crime
Decomposed body, no crime
At least I hope people will stop posting how it makes no sense to hide a body.
:banghead:

It's quite depressing to know that even if the body is ever found, the evidence would have degraded and quite possible no one will be put on trial or convicted of anything.
No body, no crime
Decomposed body, no crime
At least I hope people will stop posting how it makes no sense to hide a body.
:banghead:

Thats not true. We dont know what evidence the police may already have from the apartments she last visited. There may be forensic evidence there, but not enough to press charges in the absence of a body. Even if there is a decomposed body, that may be sufficient to press charges if there is other evidence..

After what happened today with the Casey Anthony trial, I have very little faith that whoever hurt Lauren will pay the appropriate price for it.

What a shame.

(snipped by me). Is there grass around the railing, or is this area all gravel? You speculate that it's "very dark and hard to see" and I believe somewhere in your post (which I now realized I snipped out - sorry!) that you don't recall seeing lights back there. If so, I struggle with how not one, but TWO separate people would just happen to come along and find her coin purse/wristlet (whatever we are calling it). That's always been odd to me and now that I know it's dark back there, it's even more so. If there is grass back there, it would be even harder to spot. If it was just laying out in the open and that easy to see, you'd think that the perp would not have left it there. Another thing, and I've said this before, I find it extremely strange that one person just left it laying there, doing nothing, then another walks by and places it up on a rail. I mean really, that's what you do with a hubcap, propping it up somewhere. A purse goes to the police. There has been mention of keys. If these were car keys, you'd definitely think someone would turn them in to police. If they were a room key, you'd think that they'd find out where the person lived by the stamp on the key and turn them in there. That's what I think most people would do.

Btown would know for sure.
But i believe there is a sidewalk, a small one, but still a sidewalk in front of the railing and gravel.......But where they were found was either sidewalk or gravel........I don't believe there was any grass where the items were found. In fact if i remember correctly the grass doesn't start until after the gravel and going towards the tree.....And there are lights i believe at the railing, the railing is attached to the apartments there , maybe overhead light at night.
IF they were laying right there by the railing. they would have been on the sidewalk and or some gravel not grass. I did not know beforehand that is where the items were found. Or i would have taken a picture of it for sure.
I thought the railing in question was located somewhere else around college.

Thats not true. We dont know what evidence the police may already have from the apartments she last visited. There may be forensic evidence there, but not enough to press charges in the absence of a body. Even if there is a decomposed body, that may be sufficient to press charges if there is other evidence..
True. A victim's body can offer a wealth of evidence, like fibers and hair from an attacker.

I am so obssessed w/ this case. I don't post much about it, but read everything on here constantly.
WHY won't someone say something?
How can any human being w/ a heart look at her poor parents who are just pleading w/ them to say ANYTHING that anyone knows?
I think i read somewhere that Lauren's mom said they could handle the "truth"....the not knowing is unbearable. Not those exact words i know.
This has to end....

...and

Brittanee Drexel - suspects - no body...no crime...no witness to the abduction

Hailey Dunn - suspect - no body...no crime...no witness to the abduction

Paige Johnson - suspect - no body...no crime...no witness to the abduction

Molly Datillo - suspect - no body...no crime...no witness to the abduction but family won civil judgement

Kyron Horman - no body...no crime...no witness to the abduction

Philicia Barnes - located deceased - no suspects named

Poor little Lindsey Baum - no suspect - no witness - no Lindsey...just vanished off the street of her village one Friday night...turns my stomach.

The list of kids goes on and on and on....cold cases, old cases.....then their are the older missing persons...

This is why it is best at times to get involved when a case is hot.
A lot of press meetings, LE updates etc etc.
When a case enters the cold case files.
You would be lucky perhaps, to get a LE official to respond to an email pertaining to a simple question.

Let's not forget...this was at 3 a.m., the people who found the keys/purse were likely drunk or had been drinking if they were out that late, and taking the items to the police would require effort on their part (either taking them there that night - and the police station is several blocks away, or remembering to take them in the next day). Again, all of that requires a lot of effort from the perception of the person who found them. My guess is that most people would not be inclined to take them all the way to the police or try to find the rightful owner at 3 a.m., especially if they had been drinking. I'm just trying to look at it realistically from the perspective of a 20 or 21 year old who was still out at 3 a.m. I don't find it strange at all that they left the items there.

Btown would know for sure.
But i believe there is a sidewalk, a small one, but still a sidewalk in front of the railing and gravel.......But where they were found was either sidewalk or gravel........I don't believe there was any grass where the items were found. In fact if i remember correctly the grass doesn't start until after the gravel and going towards the tree.....And there are lights i believe at the railing, the railing is attached to the apartments there , maybe overhead light at night.
IF they were laying right there by the railing. they would have been on the sidewalk and or some gravel not grass. I did not know beforehand that is where the items were found. Or i would have taken a picture of it for sure.
I thought the railing in question was located somewhere else around college.

Thanks so much for explaining about the sidewalk/railing.

Let's not forget...this was at 3 a.m., the people who found the keys/purse were likely drunk or had been drinking if they were out that late, and taking the items to the police would require effort on their part (either taking them there that night - and the police station is several blocks away, or remembering to take them in the next day). Again, all of that requires a lot of effort from the perception of the person who found them. My guess is that most people would not be inclined to take them all the way to the police or try to find the rightful owner at 3 a.m., especially if they had been drinking. I'm just trying to look at it realistically from the perspective of a 20 or 21 year old who was still out at 3 a.m. I don't find it strange at all that they left the items there.

I've considered this, but then remembered that I've been that drunk 21-year-old college student who's found something of importance, and turned it in. That was 20 some years ago though - maybe times are different. Some of my kids are around that age though and I do believe they would turn it in. I feel that if they had the frame of mind to put it on a railing, they A. are aware it's lost and B. want to try to get it into the rightful hands. I see most drunk kids just walking past it (or maybe opening to see if it has money). Therefore, if they are cognizant enough to want to get it back to the owner, I do believe they'd take better measures than to place it on a railing. Likely, someone else could steal it from there too. Obviously, someone later found it and turned it in....why not the TWO people the night before? Yes, it takes effort but I'd think if someone cared enough to place it on that railing, he'd have cared enough to turn it in the next day. Does anyone know if Smallwood's "key card" has an imprint? If so, assuming that card was her "keys" mentioned, it would mean a simple phone call the following day to Smallwood.

I totally understand that maybe this isn't the case with kids anymore, but I'd sure like to think so which is why I still find it so odd. If LS hadn't gone missing, what are the chances that she'd ever have been able to find that sitting on a rail, several feet away from her path? What are the chances she would have even remembered where she'd been that night, or at what point she might have lost it? I just think most would have gone to more effort.

Here is a long, but interesting read -

http://forensicastrology.blogspot.com/2011/07/lauren-spierer.html

ETA - I'm not sure how reliable this stuff tends to be. Just thought it was interesting so I wanted to share.

I read this yesterday, and it is quite interesting and sad. I would be curious to read the forensic astrology of a case that has been solved...but the forensic astrology was written (and not changed) prior to it being solved to determine how much of it can be reliable.

Does anyone know of any that they can share? I would be curious to know.

Wow! I have been following this case from the beginning. I do not post very often but, tonight for some reason it has really hit me. I watched the video of Lauren in Israel and heard her parents speak. They appear to be so strong. I can not even begin to imagine the pain they feel inside. Sitting here tears are rolling down my face as I think not only of Lauren but of other missing young women as well. I have a daughter the same age as Lauren who is also the same size. So many times I have warned her of the dangers of alcohol, drugs,strangers, even friends ect...... They always think that something like this could never happen to them. What is scary is, it can happen, does happen and will happen again to someone else's daughter. Dear Lord please protect them!

Regarding seeing the wristlet on the ground and leaving it there and then later someone else seeing it and moving it to the railing - seems like part of the comfortable vibe in that area.

They were doing the owner a favor as it is a hassle to report stolen/lost cards and get new ones. Trouble to get new fake IDs. Owner is probably going to retrace steps because she needs her keys to get in to her place. Why make it harder for her - in fact, why not make it easier and put it up on the railing where it is easier to find?

It seems like the vibe is so relaxed - people are not afraid to walk around at 3:00 in the morning. People are not worried that someone will steal the wristlet - they want her to find it and maybe not get run over so they put it on the railing.

I would never think to go to the police if I lost my ID and cards.

Regarding punching incident, of which I know nothing. I read all the PT boards for several days a few weeks ago but then stopped and have not been back in days. What I gathered is that the puncher and his friends thought the punchee was being loud and yelling at LS at the bar. To sort of paraphrase, I believe they thought he was being kind of a jerk to her. As mentioned earlier, no frat relationship to the bf or anything. I think just sticking up for LS in a quirky way. And possibly also because the punchee deserved it for just being a 'roid.

Regarding punching incident, of which I know nothing. I read all the PT boards for several days a few weeks ago but then stopped and have not been back in days. What I gathered is that the puncher and his friends thought the punchee was being loud and yelling at LS at the bar. To sort of paraphrase, I believe they thought he was being kind of a jerk to her. As mentioned earlier, no frat relationship to the bf or anything. I think just sticking up for LS in a quirky way. And possibly also because the punchee deserved it for just being a 'roid.

FYI the most recent PT thread (#7 I believe) has been completely taken down by their mods. Makes me wonder if there was some sort of cease and desist order by POI lawyers, it was getting pretty nasty over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilhuda