IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #2

Discussion in 'Lauren Spierer' started by imamaze, Jun 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imamaze

imamaze Former Member

[​IMG]
    http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-laur...r-missing-iu-student-20110608,0,1261306.story

Bloomington Police search for missing 20 year old woman
    Lauren Spierer, age 20.
    She is a white female, 4 feet 11 inches tall, slender build, has blue eyes and long blonde hair. She is listed as a student according to IU Bloomington's website.
    Spierer was last seen walking south on College Avenue from 11th Street on her way back to her apartment in Smallwood Plaza, located on College Avenue.
    She did not arrive to her apartment and video footage does not show her entering the apartment complex.
    Spierer was wearing a white tank top with a loose, light colored button shirt over it and full length black stretch pants. She was not wearing shoes.

Thread #1

Please continue here...

2. Loading...

3. curiousgirl2010

curiousgirl2010 New Member

Wow. This makes a lot of sense.

The boyfriend's story suddenly do NOT click at all. How come he was only worried about Lauren on the afternoon?? We all know that his friends DID get into a fight with Rossman. So he KNEW Lauren was with another guy in that early morning. How come he only worried about her ON THE NEXT DAY?

The only way for his story to make sense is if his friends did NOT tell him about CR and Lauren on that night, but waited until the other day to tell him.

But where was the BF? We have not heard his alibi or whereabouts that night. LE would not talk about it either, yet said he was "certainly" a POI.

If LE knew the boyfriend hadn't been with Lauren that night, he would not be a POI. Hinky.

On the other hand, we have two other guys lawyering up.

4. Knox

Knox Wear Pink & Eat Cake ~ Lauren Giddings

5. curiousgirl2010

http://www.lohud.com/article/201106...Spierer-not-last-person-her-?odyssey=nav|head

6. illinialum

illinialum New Member

I totally agree with the above statements. However, I posted something earlier today that I'll paraphrase.

Yesterday, I told my boyfriend the theory about JW's friends telling him what had happened and JW freaking out.

My boyfriend, a former frat brother, completely disagreed with my theory. He told me it's a "man code" to wait until the next day to tell your friend if his girlfriend is cheating on him (or suspecting such). That way cooler heads prevail. He seemed fairly confident that most of the guys he knows would agree.

Personally, I'd think to the contrary, but hey, I'm not a guy!

7. Btown

Btown New Member

Since I'm local, I went looking for the "Alley Cam" that shows Lauren at 3am. This is the last location that she can be proven to have been.

Actually there are several camera's. All of them are at 10th & the alley. 3 of them have tinted covers. You can't tell where they point, or if they are real. 3 of them are old school "box" camera's.

2 of the box cameras point directly at the alley. If you go up the alley there is no way to avoid them.

This is 1 block before they "got to the boys apt."

2 Box cams center, circled in red are unavoidable if your walking up the alley. I did not circle the box cam to the right, since it points toward College.
    There is no way to tell where the tinted camera on the left is pointed.
    [​IMG]

Tinted cameras probably point at the fenced in pool, but there is no way to know if they are real, or where they point.
    [​IMG]

8. Knox

Her keychain was found the next day near an alleyway behind a building about
    100 yards from Rossman’s building.

IU student AJ Amin, 19, told The Journal News Friday that he saw a small
    purple pouch with a gold key shortly before 3 am that morning on the
    sidewalk near that building. He said he left it there and that a friend of
    his put it on a railing when he saw it there a few hours later.

“I didn’t know they were hers,” said Amin, who had not yet given his account
    to police.

http://www.lohud.com/article/20110610/NEWS02/106100365/Rossman-missing-Lauren-Spierer-not-last-person-her-?odyssey=nav|head

9. illinialum

illinialum New Member

...Also, if his friends DID wait until the next morning to tell him, that would explain how persistent he was in looking for Lauren.

Just a theory! (And not one I necessarily agree with!)

10. Btown

Btown New Member

Hope these pics come out ok.

Standing at the side street beside Smallwood, looking up the alley toward the boys appartments.
    [​IMG]

Moved forward approx. 1/2 block closer toward his apt. area.
    [​IMG]

Another 1/2 block (approx.)closer to his apt. area.
    In the below pic, there is a photographer in the middle of the alley at the top of the hill near the boys apartment pointing his camera my way. I didn't want to go further.
    [​IMG]

Looking back at Smallwood.
    [​IMG]

There are very few street lights in this alley. The lights that are there are focused on apt. parking areas, not the alley.

11. curiousgirl2010

I remember reading that from you and that's why I said maybe they waited! But, they were drunk... who knows.

12. mrsu

mrsu New Member

This has been my thought ever since we heard she had a BF. Something def does not add up. Seems awfully convenient for him to say "I texted her in the morning" to cover his butt and make it seem like he hadn't heard/seen her at all. Like I posted earlier...why would her not responding to a text make him so suspicious that it was urgent for him to go get the roommate's key to the apartment while she was in class. How does he know she's not just sleeping off the booze? I want to know if he is seen coming and going from the apt in the videos that day.

Perhaps he could be totally innocent, but something seems hinky.

Does anyone local know the approx area of where Lauren's BF lives?

13. curiousgirl2010

That makes a lot of sense. I guess it's a "either or" scenario... Maybe the boyfriend had something important the next day and his friends didn't want to disrupt him during the night.

14. curiousgirl2010

Did you guys see photos of the boyfriend though? And of Lauren and him together? They seemed SO happy. I hate to be suspicious of him... he REALLY looks like a good guy. That "teddy bear" type guys... So sad for everyone involved.

15. Knox

16. bessie

bessie Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

I brought these over from the other thread because they're too good to leave behind. Thank you, Btown. ;)

17. fedfan4life

fedfan4life New Member

OK, stupid question - Has LE confirmed that ALL apartments and public spaces (i.e. broom closets, equipment rooms, etc...) in the area have been thoroughly searched? I ask because I recently watched an episode of the new TV series, 'First 48: Missing Persons'. In the program, a college student who had been out late at night drinking went missing (it was Illinois University @ Chicago). Long story short, he was found approximately 1-2 weeks later (cannot recall exactly how long) in one of the dorm rooms/apartments on campus, having died from alcohol/drug intoxication.

With this gal's medical condition, I am thinking that this is a plausible scenario. Perhaps she went somewhere yet unrevealed and fell asleep, but never woke-up.

Personally, I could not believe that someone would be missing within a dorm/apartment complex for that period of time because I assumed that all areas were searched thoroughly. But, it apparently wasn't in the UIL case.

18. VeryVeritas

VeryVeritas New Member

I have had the same thoughts as CuriousGirl.
    The news and known facts point in that direction.

Based on the 4 out of 10 POI, this is what I'm understanding and thinking(please correct or fill in the details or loose ends):

1) Corey Rossman
    a) CVS Witness says Rossman seemed to be groggy but no visible signs of being punched. So is Rossman exagerrating his injuries and memory loss? If so, why?
    b) Was Rossman aware that LS's phone was left at Kilroy's?
    It seems VERY odd to me that she left it there. Today a cell phone is a continuous lifeline for young ladies... a break in communication is immediately a red flag. Someone maneuvering to separate a woman and her phone would be a premeditated act.
    c) His roomate is Mike Beth Correct? Is this the Young Man that "put him to bed?" According to the CVS witness Mike Beth sounds like a follower that would conspire to protect Rossman. I agree about separating all POI's and grilling them for inconsistencies. Having a Lawyer should not interfere with a police investigation.

2) Mike Beth
    a) Why did police refer to this person as "Young Man" instead of by name?
    b) Why isn't Beth's statements about LS leaving very extensive or public?
    c) Why didn't Beth walk LS to her apt? Who in their right mind would let a drunk 100lb 4'11" woman walk alone in the middle of the night even in barefoot hoosierville?
    d) Everyone is pussyfooting around about "drugs" if they had pot or other substances, who was using what? Did MB, CR and LS smoke up at CR/MB's apt?

3) Jay Rosenbaum
    a) I've seen references that JR was good friends with CR. Has this been verified? If so, it would seem his statements about LS leaving would be highly suspect. The theory of a conspiracy between CR/JR/MB (even if not to cover up what happened to her, to simply protect themselves) seems to be a high probability. Is there anything to refute this?
    b) Why did LS stop at JR's? I've not seen him disclose the reasons... to talk? Sex? drugs?
    c) Was JR in CR's apartment the same night that LS disappeared? This could be another reason for DNA - to place who was where that night.
    d) Why did JR also not walk LS home?
    e) Did MB and JR see each other when LS went from CR's to JR's?

4) Jesse Wolff
    a) Who is / are JW's friends that stopped and punched CR at smallwood?
    b) Why was JW not with LS on such a night after classes had just ended in this small college town if they were so close? Some have said and assume there was a fight, but I have seen no official statements about that.
    c) LE would have a very clear pattern of calls and texts between JW and LS.
    was the pattern broken?
    d) LE would have the texts between JW and LS and between JW and his friends and others that night - these texts should lead somewhere.
    e) GPS coordinates of JW's phone, and phone tower pings for JW and everyone else could also show movements of anyone conspiring to either cover up evidence, withhold information or be in the vicinity of where Lauren was last seen on video.
    f) Exactly how long is the time gap between when LS was last seen and
    when someone first reported her missing?
    g) (I'm assuming it was JW that first reported her missing - is that true?)

5) JW's friends who confronted CR at smallwood
    a) Did JW's Friends those friends contact JW after that incident in any form?
    b) Did they see LS?
    c) Apparently these friends are not on the blacklist at smallwood... so do they live there? Do they work there? Do they have access to videos? Are they security?
    d) How many of these JW friends were there?

Other loose ends...
    1) I've heard it said now a few times that there was PDA's between LS and CR. Is there an official statement about that?

The most common motives for murder are emotional. The love triangle thing is very high, if not tops on the list. My gut feel is that JW should be the prime suspect here because given the information and facts released so far (and as observed by CuriousGirl who seems to understand the typical 20 something male brain pretty well) point to JW jumping conclusions and possibly overreacting. If JW has friends that would punch someone in the face, he too could easily be violent. On the other hand, if CR is lying about the extent of the altercation, what would be his motive? If CR/MB/JR had something to do with LS's demise they might try to cover it up by making more out of the altercation than actually occurred such that JW's friends or JW could be implicated. The very odd fact remains that CR claims no memory, MB and JR didn't walk her home, MB is silent, and JR is the last one claiming to see her alive.

Then, there is the body. What would anyone do with the body in this short time interval? If it was JW he would have plenty of time. If he had friends involved they could ditch the body while he develops a concrete alibi. The friends could say they were with each other. If CR/MB and/or JR were with her at death they clearly have it all worked out and would have had hours to do something with the body. In any case... what woudl anyone do with a body that small and not wanting to have much time missing? I think it's highly likely that the body is within a 1/2 hr of where she was last seen. Being so small it could have been put into a bag, backpack, box, suitcase, etc... It is possible because of it's size that it's still very close by. People immediately start searching lakes and such, but something like this could very easily be buried or hidden in plain site and possibly at risk of being moved later. obviously car trunks, lockers, storage rooms, under a tarp, etc... 100 lbs is very small and even smaller after bodily fluid loss.

The car snatch theory and other stranger abductions seem unlikely giving the people and events of this night. I'm leaning 80% to one of these POI is directly involved and 20% that it's someone connected to them. Less than 1% chance of a stranger involved in this one. Thanks for your help clearing my questions and/or correcting any details I may have wrong.

19. Btown

Btown New Member

20. bessie

bessie Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

http://tinyurl.com/3hmc7yw

21. cluciano63

cluciano63 Well-Known Member

If one of the POI's is involved, it seems unlikely that they would have access to a place to keep Lauren alive...

I hope that having lawyers does not = stop talking to police, in this case.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.