IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking that it wasn't CR that his roommate put to bed, it was Lauren, and I don't think that she ever left the apartment on her own two feet. I think that she was wrapped up in sheets and possibly in a shower curtain, and they took her somewhere north. That's practically the only way out of town quickly and efficiently with no security cameras or traffic cams around.

I'm thinking that it wasn't CR that his roommate put to bed, it was Lauren, and I don't think that she ever left the apartment on her own two feet. I think that she was wrapped up in sheets and possibly in a shower curtain, and they took her somewhere north. That's practically the only way out of town quickly and efficiently with no security cameras or traffic cams around.

Driving out of town west is an option too but not as good as north on Old 37.

And I still would like to know if any traffic cams exist on 37 north out of Bloomington.

Best I remember up in Indy is the nearest intersection cam.

I'll try to focus on that next time I go up that way.

So why does JR put himself as the last one to see her if the above is the case? He'd be lying and inserting himself into a crime he had nothing to do with otherwise.

I knew Sports would get it sooner or later. I wonder if they will lose their license or if their cooperation will help them avoid that. At least we know she was there and did order drinks. Some people were theorizing that she never even went to Sports or, if she did, she was not served.

AKH-That is my big problem with any theory that doesn't have Lauren going to JR's. I always struggle coming up with realistic theories for why JR would implicate himself in a missing person/possible murder case just to cover for CR or AB or ZO or MB or whoever else.

And another article with more info. One of the citations was allowing her to loiter. Sports also provided surveillance tapes.

http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/stories/2011/09/15/news.qp-0329186.sto

From the above story:

Excise police officers based their decision to issue the administrative violation on discrepancies in the physical description on the identification Lauren, who is 20 years of age, used to enter the bar.

This indicates that her ID was in the purse they found at Kilroys. Not in the change purse / keys found by the handrail.

Just wanted to point that out for future reference.

From the above story:

This indicates that her ID was in the purse they found at Kilroys. Not in the change purse / keys found by the handrail.

Just wanted to point that out for future reference.

They found her purse at Kilroys? I didn't know that.

From the cell pings, IF they weren't a rumor, I've suggested searching a 15 mile radius around Oliver Winery. That's close enough to Bloomington yet the cell pings would reach the cell towers around Martinsville. But then who am I?

While the winery probably generates summer visitors, this sounds promising if the space around it is natural/wild. How big is the winery itself? BTW, I think fresh theories are pretty amazing, to answer your question!

So why does JR put himself as the last one to see her if the above is the case? He'd be lying and inserting himself into a crime he had nothing to do with otherwise.

It's actually not the lying and inserting himself into a crime that I have a problem with ... it's that he supposedly passed a polygraph about seeing her. While I'm skeptical of polygraphs to a degree, I wonder why he'd even take one at this point if that wasn't half the truth ...

They found her purse at Kilroys? I didn't know that.

Didn't they? I could be wrong. How else could they tell there were discrepancies on the I.D.?

Oh, maybe it was in her coin purse they found by the handrail.

Nevermind. Sorry.

While the winery probably generates summer visitors, this sounds promising if the space around it is natural/wild. How big is the winery itself? BTW, I think fresh theories are pretty amazing, to answer your question!

I think Mamamia chose the winery as a point of reference not because of its characteristics, but yes, the surrounding area is rural and forested, north/east/west directions.

Didn't they? I could be wrong. How else could they tell there were discrepancies on the I.D.?

Oh, maybe it was in her coin purse they found by the handrail.

Nevermind. Sorry.

I think it was her sister's ID.

Added: I read that ^ a long time ago. I just did a quick search and only found a comment in the HTO which of course is not a good source of info.

It's actually not the lying and inserting himself into a crime that I have a problem with ... it's that he supposedly passed a polygraph about seeing her. While I'm skeptical of polygraphs to a degree, I wonder why he'd even take one at this point if that wasn't half the truth ...

I am pretty sure JR took a "private" polygraph that, for all we know, was made up by his lawyer. I do not believe he has submitted to an LE one. Just...I would take it with a grain of salt.

he doesn't strike me as the brightest bulb. Maybe he's connected to/is the supplier, and that was held over him.

Channel 6 was filming outside Kilroys about 5PM.

I saw a Channel 8 van go by too.

Expect to see some short blurbs on the News TV tonight.

So glad to see Kilroys getting some punishment for their part in that night.

every bar in Bloomington, like every other college town lets fake IDs through their doors every single night. I am glad they're following through and citing sports, don't get me wrong. It is just so easy to blame anything else on LS disappearance, when really college students choose to drink and do drugs and the conesquences are their choice. Obviously I don't blame L for what happened to her, but Sports is not some evil place that allows underage kids to get wasted and never check IDs. Fake IDs now have all the right holograms and even scan... Also it is very common for older siblings to give their younger ones their old IDs to use when they go out. Personally I never had a fake and waited until I was 21 to go out to the bars in Bloomington (and elsewhere), they're expensive and honestly scare me, I wouldn't want to risk getting caught with a fake. A few years ago there was a major bust (I believe in Smallwood) of a fake ID manufacturer. If anything, the security guard working the door that night at sports should be questioned because it's Indiana law to have TWO FORMS of an ID when buying alcohol and going into bars. I automatically hand over two IDs every time, but some people don't even bother looking at my second form.

every bar in Bloomington, like every other college town lets fake IDs through their doors every single night. I am glad they're following through and citing sports, don't get me wrong. It is just so easy to blame anything else on LS disappearance...

Snipped by me to save space.

I agree. It's unfortunate for Kilroy's that Lauren happened to choose their bar on that fateful night. It could have happened anywhere.

Last time I went into a Kilroy's (on Kirkwood?) after a bike race I got carded. And I am in my mid 40's. Heck, my daughter can drink legally.

If someone has a fake I.D. I think it's not always so easy to spot that. Especially if (as rumored above?) that I.D. is from a relative. People lose and gain weight, dye their hair, wear colored contacts etc etc. Short of gender, race and height I have to admit I would have a difficult time spotting a fake ID. FWIW.

I'm still curious about the ID angle though, does LE have BOTH of LS's IDs? Her actual and her fake? TIA to anyone who knows.

I knew Sports would get it sooner or later. I wonder if they will lose their license or if their cooperation will help them avoid that. At least we know she was there and did order drinks. Some people were theorizing that she never even went to Sports or, if she did, she was not served.

AKH-That is my big problem with any theory that doesn't have Lauren going to JR's. I always struggle coming up with realistic theories for why JR would implicate himself in a missing person/possible murder case just to cover for CR or AB or ZO or MB or whoever else.

We also know CR was with her (per the article). Some people were claiming that CR wasn't there.

I think Mamamia chose the winery as a point of reference not because of its characteristics, but yes, the surrounding area is rural and forested, north/east/west directions.

Ahhh, I get it (don't know why I didn't before)! The area and direction sounds good, especially in relation to a ping. Even without it, perhaps. She has to be somewhere ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther