IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
How would I know?

The timing seems coincidental, yes, but assuming he's telling the truth, I don't see what's strange about it - perhaps this is the hour people tend to arrive home from the bars.

What's strange about it is that a week after her reported disappearance that he hadn't given his account to police. Might it not be a good idea to check with someone who is telling the world that they were in LS's last verified location within minutes of her? Not saying he was involved at all, but it seems like getting his account on record might be in their best interest.

If this was a random abduction, all her "friends" would be eager to tell what they know and help in any way to find lauren. They are not. Its human nature to lawyer up and stay in the shadows when you have something to hide. Just saying....

We actually don't know whether the PsOI are withholding any information or not, it's just sort of the assumption at this point. If JR is holding back because of the drugs implication, then it wouldn't matter if it was abduction or not. If he doesn't know where she is, he doesn't know what role the drugs she may have done with him played and it is in his best interest to not say anything.

What's strange about it is that a week after her reported disappearance that he hadn't given his account to police. Might it not be a good idea to check with someone who is telling the world that they were in LS's last verified location within minutes of her? Not saying he was involved at all, but it seems like getting his account on record might be in their best interest.

Perhaps, but he simply could have been found by an enterprising journalist on the ground, and not have previously connected what he saw to LS. And I can't imagine that LE has not spoken to him at this point.

Two weeks ago I helped a friend of mine move his son back to IU. Because of the construction near the stadium he chose to take Old SR 37. We came in on Rt45 to 10th street. I remember thinking how great of a drop off it was on the side of the road as we made our way through the winding roads. Someone could drop a person over the edge and it would be a long way down.
Sad to think that this could happen.

I guess I would imagine these alleys to be less frequently traveled at 3am. AA found the keys almost immediately after she went down the alley.

Also, do you think this "small purple pouch" is her purse/clutch/wallet whatever? Or is it like a little key chain?

It would be a purse/clutch/wallet. In early reports LE says they found "purse" and "keys" so if it were a key chain only, they would not have included purse. What has always bothered me is not only does it not make sense, it's almost impossible to set a key and/or purse on that railing. One is rounded like a pipe and the other is very narrow. This may be a reporting inaccuracy too.

I thought someone said many months ago that Lauren's key was actually a card? Which would not serve as a weapon to keep in your hand as one might do with actual keys...

I saw JW today. After lunch, I walked to the gravel lot to check it out in more detail given my thoughts about it lately. I left the area via the infamous alley and walked south. As I exited the alley near Tenth and College, a car stopped in the middle of the street and let out a young man. I immediately recognized him as JW. He's better looking than his photos :blushing: and he looks well, mentally healthy. I was even a little surprised.

He said see you later or something like that to the driver (female) and then darted across the lane, up the stairs to the clock at Tenth and College and went into one of the businesses within the arcade. Yes, the very steps where LS was allegedly seen over the shoulder of the mystery man. That was a little freaky.

It would be a purse/clutch/wallet. In early reports LE says they found "purse" and "keys" so if it were a key chain only, they would not have included purse. What has always bothered me is not only does it not make sense, it's almost impossible to set a key and/or purse on that railing. One is rounded like a pipe and the other is very narrow. This may be a reporting inaccuracy too.

That's always struck me as a little strange too, but I've assumed that it was probably a wallet/keychain combination (like this - http://www.handmadematters.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/keychainwallettutorial.jpg), which you could hang on the rail.

I thought someone said many months ago that Lauren's key was actually a card? Which would not serve as a weapon to keep in your hand as one might do with actual keys...

I think someone said she had a traditional key for her mailbox. In any case, she may have had a key to JW's too or something at school, like a workroom.

I'm all about Martinsville area as a possible disposal place. What I have forgotten to mention previously when we've talked about it is this: There is a way to travel from Bloomington to Martinsville area without driving on State Road 37--the main artery in and out of Bloomington.

Old SR 37 (it's even called this on maps) is a winding route most of which goes through Morgan Monroe State Forest. One could travel the entire way especially in the middle of the night, undetected, whereas regular 37 often has state police presence. And getting from 5 North area to the Old route would be easy too. Matter of fact, one would go through the creepy park I posted about a few months ago, Lower Cascades. :sick:

Martinsville via Old SR 37 sounds like a real possibility, or somewhere along the way. I know that kind of road, the original now much less traveled route. I can't see the visitor or JR going as far as Michigan, under the circumstances. Talk about creepy ...

Is hunting allowed in the park or state forest, do you think? If so, maybe a hunter will find LS (or even a poacher if it's not). It's happened before ...

That's always struck me as a little strange too, but I've assumed that it was probably a wallet/keychain combination (like this - http://www.handmadematters.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/keychainwallettutorial.jpg), which you could hang on the rail.

If the wrist loop has velcro, etc. that you can can undo then reattach to part of the railing, yes. Otherwise, you would have to balance it carefully which would be tricky because the keys would be heavy.

Martinsville via Old SR 37 sounds like a real possibility, or somewhere along the way. I know that kind of road, the original now much less traveled route. I can't see the visitor or JR going as far as Michigan, under the circumstances. Talk about creepy ...

Is hunting allowed in the park or state forest, do you think? If so, maybe a hunter will find LS (or even a poacher if it's not). It's happened before ...

Yes, many have speculated that she'll be found by hunters this fall. This is how the remains of Jill B. were found.

If the wrist loop has velcro, etc. that you can can undo then reattach to part of the railing, yes. Otherwise, you would have to balance it carefully which would be tricky because the keys would be heavy.

Weren't we just saying she probably just has one or two metal keys? You have enough cash/cards/coins/etc a wallet can be pretty heavy too. Point is, it's entirely possible that you can put the wallet/keys on a railing; we really have no good basis to suggest it's false.

Weren't we just saying she probably just has one or two metal keys? You have enough cash/cards/coins/etc a wallet can be pretty heavy too. Point is, it's entirely possible that you can put the wallet/keys on a railing; we really have no good basis to suggest it's false.

I agree its possible-i hook my car key to my lil change purse all the time. I think they balance each other out enough that it really wouldnt take any effort to hang em on tthe rail

You know, what is the possibility that Lauren did forget her cell phone at Smallwood and that's why she and CR went over to the apartment to get it, and she just left her shoes behind at Kilroy's thinking that they wouldn't be that long?

Take it one step further and think about all the texts and phone calls that she might have gotten during the evening, and NO ONE at Kilroy's either heard the phone ringing and picked it up, answered it and said to whoever was on the other end, that the phone owner aparently wasn't there and had left it?

If so, who would have planted or could have planted it there, and when?

Kilroy's closes at 3:00am, and that's about the time that Lauren is last seen in the alleyway. So basically then, whoever would have or could have planted the phone had to do it pretty quickly, and that would include getting to the Smallwood Apartment building with the key card and the keys, then taking the cell phone to Kilroy's. Either that or it would have had to be planted then next day. What time does Kilroy's open?

Take it one step further and think about all the texts and phone calls that she might have gotten during the evening, and NO ONE at Kilroy's either heard the phone ringing and picked it up, answered it and said to whoever was on the other end, that the phone owner aparently wasn't there and had left it?

If she left Sports for SW around 2:20, and JW went to bed at 2:30, who was texting/calling her?

I confess that I'm a little stumped about CS's statement about the phone, insofar as it may relate to the facts of the case (which she is saying is not the purpose of her message).

If she left Sports for SW around 2:20, and JW went to bed at 2:30, who was texting/calling her?

I confess that I'm a little stumped about CS's statement about the phone, insofar as it may relate to the facts of the case (which she is saying is not the purpose of her message).

I'm not certain yet, just attempting to work this out in my own mind.

I agree its possible-i hook my car key to my lil change purse all the time. I think they balance each other out enough that it really wouldnt take any effort to hang em on tthe rail

IDK if they're popular at IU, but we bought little Vera Bradley change/ID purses like the Coin & Key and Clip Zip ID for many girls going off to college this summer. They're narrow enough to lay flat on most railings, I believe, and one key or so wouldn't do much, as you describe.

http://www.verabradley.com/category/Category/Wallets-and-Wristlets/890/pc/638.uts

But a wristlet would make more sense in terms of her carrying it, I think ... and might also fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member