IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting comments recently posted at JRNTT - some additional circumstantial evidence connecting JR and DB, and therefore suggesting that DB was in fact JR's guest.

Referring to the I nspill thing? A few weeks old, no?

Good to hear about the private investigator. Maybe a strange question, but can a private investigator do things that LE may not be able to do?

Not much if anything, but I thought some people may be more open to talking to a PI rather than police. Also figured that someone hired by the family would be a lot more willing to take an extra look into rumors, but JMO.

http://jrnttuncensored.wordpress.com/

Nothing significant there IMO. The comments are a mixed bag and seem fishy, like someone is laying bait; other comments sound like some of the posters from the now defunct LSCD FB page.

I have no problem believing that DB could be involved and I never have.

Is it? News to me. Does it matter?

Just wasn't sure if that's what you were referencing or not since the terrible Wordpress comments format make it very difficult to read in a sequential order. My opinion is that it increases the likelihood that they ran in the same circle/have similar friends, but didn't do much for me on evidence of DB being the guest. As for it being JR's sole wall post, it coincided with fb's security "update" on targeting your posts to public/friends, etc.

Not much if anything, but I thought some people may be more open to talking to a PI rather than police. Also figured that someone hired by the family would be a lot more willing to take an extra look into rumors, but JMO.

I still sort of wish someone would old school it and get some answers.

Nothing significant there IMO. The comments are a mixed bag and seem fishy, like someone is laying bait; other comments sound like some of the posters from the now defunct LSCD FB page.

Thanks Jupiter... I had checked that page briefly when it first opened, and that was my impression...

I too, have no problem assuming that DB is involved... I've always just kind of taken that as a "given"...

Thanks Jupiter... I had checked that page briefly when it first opened, and that was my impression...

I too, have no problem assuming that DB is involved... I've always just kind of taken that as a "given"...

Mainly my comment above is about the most recent postings. I rarely visit but I do like that the blogger, in keeping with the previous site, is named mistershapiro. :crazy:

Wow... just came back from there... I was surprised at the civility of the comments... LOL but yeah.. no real worthwhile info...

Nothing significant there IMO. The comments are a mixed bag and seem fishy,

That's true anywhere. I haven't found anything valuable in the main posts, and am particularly skeptical of at least one commenter there, but there is some good content in other comments. Don't know what you mean by laying bait, though - what are you implying?

Until now, I hadn't seen anything that connects JR and DB. Yes, DB was in Btown, but that alone does not mean that he knows JR. The comments at the site indicate that they at least know someone in common. That still does not establish that DB was JR's visitor, but I now have a pretty good reason to believe that he was. I also think there's good reason to believe that whoever the visitor was may have a good idea what happened to LS.

thanks, i definitely do. i was part of the LSCD page and barely read it... people were too crazy and annoying on there. thank god for WS

It did get nuts in there and after my initial reaction of being offended at being removed and not invited 2 the new pg i realized....what the heck do i care? Its impossible to have a real conversation. I seriously have too much time on my hands if Im worrying over that group. Im quite appreciative of this group-even the ppl here i disagree with. Its a part of the process to disagree. Im not interested in the drama. I just want Lauren found....as i know all of u do.

Your theory is based on two faulty premises:
1. that JW's alibi rests on not being able to reach LS. In fact, JW never tried to reach LS that night, as you say. Rather, his story is that she was supposed to contact him, but never did. He only tried to contact her the next day. His alibi also rests on the assertion by his roommate(s?), which have been given to the FBI, that he never left home. If his roommate lied, he could receive a penalty of 5 years in prison and or a $250,000 fine for making false statements to the federal government.
2. that "everyone" was watching the game. In fact, the supposed purpose of going to JR's was to watch the game. As you've noted, the game was over before they arrived at JR's, but while it's entirely possible that the game claim was to cover the true purpose of going there - to do drugs - they might well have intended to watch it via DVR.

You also ignore the assertion of an apparently in the know PT poster that the family has said they don't believe JW is involved. If you choose not to believe that, however, I believe your theory is illogical. If there were calls between LS and JW, that would be clear from both of their phones. LE has LS's phone, and presumably can easily recover anything that might be deleted from it (assuming it can be deleted in the first place), as well as any prints on the phone. They also likely have access to JW's phone - they've described him as cooperative and searched his house. Given that they can tell from the phones about contact between the two, why would CS have to say something publicly that contradicts his story (and what would be the benefit of doing so)?

As for my theory about the 12:16 call, it's simple. She called JR and/or DR (if they were not together already) to arrange to go with DR to JR's around 12:30. Occam's razor. While there certainly may have been another motive for CS's statement, which I have theorized relates to drug use, its express purpose had nothing to do with the case: "The purpose of what I am sharing with you is not to speculate about what happened. The purpose of this is to encourage people to take precautions to be safe."

What if your premise is faulty? One can make all the assertions one wants while assuming them to be true without legal recourse, correct? Regarding your own assertions, are they not assumptions on your behalf? Not much has been proven in this case. Can you prove that JW did not call or text LS in the early hours of 6/3? On a personal note, I found nothing in what CS/RS said, in regards to JW, the least bit supportive of him, it was the bare minimum, as far as I could tell.

I believe the report about them not being together at Sports was from TG's blog (not completely sure about that), but I don't think that was ever confirmed. But even if they were together... a quick (or NOT so quick) trip to the notorious restroom might net something that would result in a later altercation, I suppose.

I always wondered if the altercation had to do with some $$ that were owed... or some candy that was below par (or just not available when it was needed)...

Wouldn't it be rather unwise to get drunk or stoned on Xanax or something similar, if they were carrying a lot of candy, or a lot of money?

Wouldn't it be rather unwise to get drunk or stoned on Xanax or something similar, if they were carrying a lot of candy, or a lot of money?

Depends on your definition of a lot. I seriously doubt it was a lot by drug world standards. Like, I don't think CR bought drugs in bulk. More like for the night.

What if your premise is faulty? One can make all the assertions one wants while assuming them to be true without legal recourse, correct? Regarding your own assertions, are they not assumptions on your behalf? Not much has been proven in this case. Can you prove that JW did not call or text LS in the early hours of 6/3? On a personal note, I found nothing in what CS/RS said, in regards to JW, the least bit supportive of him, it was the bare minimum, as far as I could tell.

What premise? I'm referring only to published media reports. They do not state that JW tried to contact LS on the night of 6/2-3, but rather that he did so the following day. If you can find a published media report containing anything to the contrary, please cite it.

<Mod Snip>

It says, there are at least 2 cameras on the building, which is located at the corner of ninth and walnut, one is on the west side of the building, filming northwest from the main entrance, the other is on the east side of the building, filming south down the alley towards a back entrance.

The other one is on the back of a house/apartnent building just north of 8th on Washington. It is on the west side of the building, pointing into the parking lot and towards 8th.

Would that be an exit of sorts out of Bton? If so, FINALLY, someone is using their brains. Now, find the cars leaving Bton between 3:30-5AMis on June 3. Run the cars against the POIs/parents. There can't be many. Pay particular attention to the one with Michigan plates. Ok, call in the FBI to go to Michigan. How many people are in the car? When does that car show return on the video (if, in fact it did)? How many hours was it gone? It's not that complex. We're going on 4 months now and if that were my daughter out there I would have flipped SH** on the Bton LE long ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74