IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's pray a qtr mill gets some people talking. That's a good chunk of change. I don't know what to think of the cops & what they may be holding onto. I understand keeping things close to their best to protect the integrity of the case-but its been so long now. I had hoped when the kids got back to school there would be a lot of talk & something would come out. Isn't it true tho that there r PsOI that havent ever been told to us?

Yes, 10 was the number thrown out about POI and five named ones.

Let's pray a qtr mill gets some people talking. That's a good chunk of change. I don't know what to think of the cops & what they may be holding onto. I understand keeping things close to their best to protect the integrity of the case-but its been so long now. I had hoped when the kids got back to school there would be a lot of talk & something would come out. Isn't it true tho that there r PsOI that havent ever been told to us?
What has bothered me the most about LE is their total lack of reaching out to the public to identify potential witnesses in this case.They claim to have 300 hrs. of video from that night yet other than the white truck they have not asked the publics help in identifying one person or vehicle found in all these hrs. of video.IMO you would want to identify and talk to as many people as possible that were driving around bloomington that night.You can not just sit around waiting for someone to walk into the police station and confess or call you up and solve the case for you.Sometimes you have to go out and do the very tedious job of investigating and generate your own information.

Yes, 10 was the number thrown out about POI and five named PsOI

As I recall, the 10 number was somewhat fluid and changed from day to day. LE did not name many of the PsOI, although the MSM did. I do not think LE named any of the PsOI (I may be wrong), but simply referred to them indirectly, such as "Lauren Spierer's boyfriend" in this example:
http://www.theindychannel.com/news/28197546/detail.html
Or in this article LE states that anyone who was with Lauren that night was a person of interest:
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/06/0...disappearance-indiana-college-student-lauren/

The following persons have been named in the MSM: JW, JR, CR, DR, MB.
The following persons would be persons of interest (since they are likely to have been in Lauren's presence that night) but have not been named in the MSM, only in blogs and other social media: person who punched CR, person(s) with the person who punched CR, JR's guest from home if such person exists.

Good question! Also, only a week or two prior to this reward increase, the reward for Holly Bobo was increased to 250K...

Hmm, interesting. I wonder if there is a connection, you know, like a "guardian angel" who has been following the cases.

Hmm, interesting. I wonder if there is a connection, you know, like a "guardian angel" who has been following the cases.

That's what I thought as well - interesting coincidence that both rewards are raised to the same amount, so close together...

And recently a registered sex offender from Holly's area (Parsons, TN) was arrested. LE is not saying whether or not he is believed to have anything to do with Holly's disappearance, but the the local ABC news station is speculating about a connection

http://www.abc24.com/news/local/sto...ies-to-Holly-Bobo/857TXj-YEECK-7-ddxU3Eg.cspx

LE has been searching Natchez Trace National Forest on horseback and finding evidence, apparently related to the Holly Bobo case.
http://www.waff.com/story/17027461/...s-mounted-unit-assists-with-holly-bobo-search

It seems that the increase in the size of the reward has brought about some development in the Holly Bobo case; maybe it will bring about some developments in the LS case too.

LE has been searching Natchez Trace National Forest on horseback and finding evidence, apparently related to the Holly Bobo case.
http://www.waff.com/story/17027461/...s-mounted-unit-assists-with-holly-bobo-search

It seems that the increase in the size of the reward has brought about some development in the Holly Bobo case; maybe it will bring about some developments in the LS case too.

Another article I just posted on Holly's thread says they did NOT find any evidence...so who knows...

I have looked for answers to the following questions but have not found any. Maybe they have been discussed before and I just didn't find them or someone can answer them for me.

LS was with HT and a group of people in their appt. prior to going to JR's. HT stated LS went to JR's with DR. In a video interview DR stated LS was intoxicated.

My questions: Wouldn't DR have be in the appt. with them for HT to know LS left with him? If so, why does LS appear on camera by herself walking down the hall? When did LS become intoxicated? She doesn't appear that way on camera leaving for JR's. Then she would have to be when leaving for Kilroy's. Could she have gotten that way in the short amount of time at JR's before leaving? These are the only two times DR saw her.

I have looked for answers to the following questions but have not found any. Maybe they have been discussed before and I just didn't find them or someone can answer them for me.

LS was with HT and a group of people in their appt. prior to going to JR's. HT stated LS went to JR's with DR. In a video interview DR stated LS was intoxicated.

My questions: Wouldn't DR have be in the appt. with them for HT to know LS left with him? If so, why does LS appear on camera by herself walking down the hall? When did LS become intoxicated? She doesn't appear that way on camera leaving for JR's. Then she would have to be when leaving for Kilroy's. Could she have gotten that way in the short amount of time at JR's before leaving? These are the only two times DR saw her.

The only video interview with DR that I've ever seen was during the first weekend she went missing, and he mentioned that he had been with her and that he believed she left to go to Sports, and where they had searched so far, but nothing about being intoxicated.

BBM
That's the part I find strange too, since (going back to time when I was young and was knocked out) to this day I have the clearest memory of events right before...

Actually it's not strange because with a head trauma, memory loss could be from a period before trauma. I don't necessarily even believe that CR has memory loss, but at least in theory, trauma to the head could cause memory loss, and that loss could start from some time before trauma.

What has bothered me the most about LE is their total lack of reaching out to the public to identify potential witnesses in this case.They claim to have 300 hrs. of video from that night yet other than the white truck they have not asked the publics help in identifying one person or vehicle found in all these hrs. of video.IMO you would want to identify and talk to as many people as possible that were driving around bloomington that night.You can not just sit around waiting for someone to walk into the police station and confess or call you up and solve the case for you.Sometimes you have to go out and do the very tedious job of investigating and generate your own information.

I agree with you, LE should vet every single vehicle and every single pedestrian that appear on any surveillance footage that night. The notion is so elementary to me that if there is not a chart on the wall in someones' office of stills with statements attached, I would consider LE inept or complicit.

He sure does. I don't recall this point ever coming up in all the last many months of discussion. Significant.

I guess I'm failing at seeing the significance. Just because someone says something doesn't mean that they have first hand knowledge. He had spoken with many people that had been around her after he last had by this time. This is the definition of hearsay. A bit of value with a huge grain of salt.

I guess I'm failing at seeing the significance. Just because someone says something doesn't mean that they have first hand knowledge. He had spoken with many people that had been around her after he last had by this time. This is the definition of hearsay. A bit of value with a huge grain of salt.

Kind of hard to consider it hearsay when he is on camera stating, "She was intoxicated,” “I was with her that night actually. We were hanging out with our friends right here and I believe she went to (Kilroy’s) and I went to Smallwood and that’s the last I saw her.” I would consider this first hand knowledge. How do you know he had spoken to anyone that had been around her prior to this interview? So by your logic should we consider JR's comment that he saw her rounding 11th and college as hearsay also? I guess we should consider all HT's comments as hearsay as well.

Kind of hard to consider it hearsay when he is on camera stating, "She was intoxicated,” “I was with her that night actually. We were hanging out with our friends right here and I believe she went to (Kilroy’s) and I went to Smallwood and that’s the last I saw her.” I would consider this first hand knowledge. How do you know he had spoken to anyone that had been around her prior to this interview? So by your logic should we consider JR's comment that he saw her rounding 11th and college as hearsay also? I guess we should consider all HT's comments as hearsay as well.

He's not on camera saying she was intoxicated, that was edited in and the context is unknown. The quote is "Shoeless and intoxicated".

JR's comment is a first hand account, so no, it would not be considered hearsay.

Yes, apart from a select few bits where she had direct knowledge, all HT's comments are exactly that. It's not to say that these comments aren't helpful to an investigation, but there is a reason why they are usually disallowed as evidence in court.

*edit* I see the author misquoted him in the text of the article, which is probably where you were getting it

The photo showing Lauren leaving Smallwood shows someone's legs in the background, walking in the opposite direction. I never noticed that before. I would presume that LE has already tracked down that potential witness by now.

He's not on camera saying she was intoxicated, that was edited in and the context is unknown. The quote is "Shoeless and intoxicated".

JR's comment is a first hand account, so no, it would not be considered hearsay.

Yes, apart from a select few bits where she had direct knowledge, all HT's comments are exactly that. It's not to say that these comments aren't helpful to an investigation, but there is a reason why they are usually disallowed as evidence in court.

*edit* I see the author misquoted him in the text of the article, which is probably where you were getting it

The quote I posted was straight from the article. I went back to listen to the video. The author has quoted him verbatim from the video so I don't know where you get the idea the autor is misquoting him. What is your source that says the quote is "Shoeless and intoxicated"? So, unless you are DR, DR's attorney or the camera person, how would you know what the context was and if it was edited? I don't see how DR's statement of what happened that night is considered hearsay but JR's is considered not hearsay. They are both first hand and their opinion.

It's significant IMO because it's new to our discussion. Since we're here to discuss and speculate rather than take part in the investigation or sit in a court of law. I find the fact he said it publicly and on recorded by media is interesting. Maybe he was trying to wash his hands of any responsibility by himself or others because after all, she was "shoeless and intoxicated."

DR could have seen her around the time of the altercation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon