IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, of course it shouldn't matter. I was using that not as a means by which to exonerate them, but as a way to show how they may think that they are different from most criminals. IF this was some accident, in their mind, they might think they are not deserving of prison b/c they're "good kids", as opposed to the many die-hard criminals, and that they didn't mean to commit a crime (whereas many do). I'm not at ALL saying that's OK, and yes, college kids can be criminals. I was just showing how these kids may rationalize things.

I didn't see it as you exonerating them at all. I just think that while they probably acted out of fear, there's a point where a criminal can become just that, no matter their background. As you note, these boys are probably coming from an entitled perspective, which is dangerous in its own right.

I would suspect that they didn't mean to commit a crime, if they even did. Although it's possible, or course, that the crime was getting wasted with LS ... or helping her get there.

I'm still leaning towards the fact that whomever did this, was clear headed, logical, and knew exactly what they were doing. There have been a lot of good, well thought out accident scenarios put forth, but I'm still not convinced. So, for me, it was either a crime related to someone being angry at her for personal or "knew too much" reasons, or, a crime of opportunity by someone who happened to be in the right place at the right time.

I just can't see a group of people in "altered" states, dealing with an accident situation of some sort, getting rid of the body completely undetected, keeping LE stumped, and non of them opening their mouths about it.

Whatever the case actually ends up being, I hope that they can get to the truth of what happened to her, for her parents sake.

I'm still leaning towards the fact that whomever did this, was clear headed, logical, and knew exactly what they were doing. There have been a lot of good, well thought out accident scenarios put forth, but I'm still not convinced. So, for me, it was either a crime related to someone being angry at her for personal or "knew too much" reasons, or, a crime of opportunity by someone who happened to be in the right place at the right time.

I just can't see a group of people in "altered" states, dealing with an accident situation of some sort, getting rid of the body completely undetected, keeping LE stumped, and non of them opening their mouths about it.

Whatever the case actually ends up being, I hope that they can get to the truth of what happened to her, for her parents sake.

If not any of the POI, I lean more toward someone who happened to be the right place at the wrong time--when Lauren was incoherent, perhaps even starting to lose consciousness--then it's too late and panic sets in.

If more than one POI, all it takes is two people, one of whom is sober enough to think clearly for both of them. All that's needed is for THE person to say "Don't ask" or for the other to say "Don't tell."

No matter what or which scenario, I don't believe Lauren sat at JR's from 3:15 a.m. to 4:30 a.m. I don't even believe she was there that long doing more drugs. By all accounts, if she did do more, they very likely caused her final demise. If she was there at all, that is.

Yes, of course it shouldn't matter. I was using that not as a means by which to exonerate them, but as a way to show how they may think that they are different from most criminals. IF this was some accident, in their mind, they might think they are not deserving of prison b/c they're "good kids", as opposed to the many die-hard criminals, and that they didn't mean to commit a crime (whereas many do). I'm not at ALL saying that's OK, and yes, college kids can be criminals. I was just showing how these kids may rationalize things.

Agree about the rationalization - I return to my theory of one young woman with a group of young men, all in some stage of feeling the effects of whatever they've been drinking/taking. If the young women "let's lose" for want of better wording and one or more become involved... then because of what has taken and/or medical condition she succumbs -
the rationalize you mention, Gabby66, is a fit.

I can't believe in another month it will have been six months since she went missing. It still amazes me that people can just disappear without any trace/evidence left behind, but this seems to be the case again. I doubt whoever knows what happened is going to come forward, and there seem to be no witnesses aside from the person/persons who disposed of her body. I feel at this point that she is no longer with us. I just have to wonder what is going to be the piece of evidence that breaks this case. Any thoughts as to what will break this case? I'm without a clue.:waitasec:

I can't believe in another month it will have been six months since she went missing. It still amazes me that people can just disappear without any trace/evidence left behind, but this seems to be the case again. I doubt whoever knows what happened is going to come forward, and there seem to be no witnesses aside from the person/persons who disposed of her body. I feel at this point that she is no longer with us. I just have to wonder what is going to be the piece of evidence that breaks this case. Any thoughts as to what will break this case? I'm without a clue.:waitasec:

A SIMPLE THANKS Was not enough!!!..

My heart breaks for the MANY Families of the Missing boys, girls, men and women in America Today...

Who is taking the lives of the UNUSUALLLY Hign Numbers of the Missing?

What is being done to solve the MANY Cold Cases?

When will the families have closure for their Loss of a Loved One?

Where are the murders hiding their victims..So Sad??

Why ARE the MISSING PEOPLE in America not given the Law Enfourcement time to solve their cases?

How do these terrible things keep happening to so MANY wonderful people?

Dear God ..Please Bring Home the Many Missing Children and Adults..their families Need Some Closure!

Agree about the rationalization - I return to my theory of one young woman with a group of young men, all in some stage of feeling the effects of whatever they've been drinking/taking. If the young women "let's lose" for want of better wording and one or more become involved... then because of what has taken and/or medical condition she succumbs -
the rationalize you mention, Gabby66, is a fit.

I can also see where this might have been a case of an overdose of drugs/alcohol. So, the rationalizing would fit .....'we didn't kill her, the drugs did" mindset. I can see the others panicking and not wanting to be connected to the drug/alcohol use.

I am not saying this is what happened, just a possible scenario.

JMHO, MOO, etc.

Here is a link to the video shown at the Shine concert.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7cwy1trEtOY

only 1 comment on that video is posted.. it's very weird...

Indiana University is the reason Lauren Spierer is dead. I tried to prevent her murder by their drug war. Rob and Charlegne know more than they are saying, and are now just trying to make money off their daughters murder at the hands of Indiana University's drug war.

endthedrugwarvision 3 days ago

only 1 comment on that video is posted.. it's very weird...

Indiana University is the reason Lauren Spierer is dead. I tried to prevent her murder by their drug war. Rob and Charlegne know more than they are saying, and are now just trying to make money off their daughters murder at the hands of Indiana University's drug war.

endthedrugwarvision 3 days ago

Sounds like the type of comment that a teen-age guy might make, someone who is particularly inconsiderate, and thoughtless. The fact that he centers on IU makes it seem likely that he is a college student.

But I wonder if IU or the businesses which feed off of IU share in responsibility for this apparent crime. IU actively sought to bring in East Coast students right after 9/11/01, using "safety" as a selling point. Smallwood used NYC names to appeal esp. to these students.

The Sports bar was barely one block away, and associated itself closely with Smallwood. At my university, we had our "student bars," but they was never even the vaguest hint of a connection between these businesses and the institution itself. (There was one on-campus bar, which closed early, and tended to be quiet). Officially, drinking was tolerated (at legal age), but never encouraged by anyone in authority.

Smallwood itself is actually a private business. At my university, we had a huge "student neighborhood" as it was called, but no private landlord was associated with the university itself in any way; except in one special case in which the university actually ran an entire building as a regular dorm. Students who chose to move off campus, did so at their own risk; usually these students were upperclassmen & graduate students.

IU-Smallwood-Sports seems like a package deal.

Were the students in some sense "set up"?

The surrounding area seems to be rife with drug crime. If there is some type of drug war going on, likely it extends beyond the campus.

The comments about LS's parents are just plain mean, but the part about "I tried to prevent her murder" suggests that maybe he was an acquaintance who had heard of threats against LS previous to her disappearance. He is trying to rationalize his guilt at not taking action: "I tried ..." Let's just hope that if this person knows anything or heard anything that he reports it to the police.

James Finney has been arrested for the murder of the pizza delivery driver and is connected to two other recent shooting incidents. Pretty clear that he's a dd. And.. one of his baby mama's is related to Crystal Grubb.

It will be interesting to see if any of this can also be tied to LS disappearance. I've really always felt like "the boys" were involved. But I'll admit that I could be wrong... and there's always the chance that they are somehow involved with Finney.

James Finney has been arrested for the murder of the pizza delivery driver and is connected to two other recent shooting incidents. Pretty clear that he's a dd. And.. one of his baby mama's is related to Crystal Grubb.

It will be interesting to see if any of this can also be tied to LS disappearance. I've really always felt like "the boys" were involved. But I'll admit that I could be wrong... and there's always the chance that they are somehow involved with Finney.

But he is a lowly DD else he wouldn't have been stealing cigarettes and showing off photos of his money on FB. There are many more James Finney's around here.

I noticed the name of Bloomington's most recent child molester and it appears by looking at FB names he is related to Crystal and the young mother.

Oh, and I'm glad they got the guy! We need a clean sweep. Might as well live in the big city.

I heard someone say today that the real reason the community didn't get all spun up about another community member's disappearance and subsequent death was that the community was ok with having one less member of that family in town... sad, but.....

It IS good that they got him... and a relief that they were able to connect him to other recent crimes. But I think you're right Jupiter... there's many more around town.

I heard someone say today that the real reason the community didn't get all spun up about another community member's disappearance and subsequent death was that the community was ok with having one less member of that family in town... sad, but.....

It IS good that they got him... and a relief that they were able to connect him to other recent crimes. But I think you're right Jupiter... there's many more around town.

You may have seen the comment on HTO about the possibility of James and Adam knowing each other. The plot thickens. It made me think of the theory about someone in Lauren's circle owing someone money for drugs. I don't think that is what happened to her, but it did drive home for me how much DOES happen around here due to drugs.

I have this bias that Lauren and her circle would not buy from someone like James--that they would buy from only an "upperclass" dealer or frat type. :crazy:

Sounds like the type of comment that a teen-age guy might make, someone who is particularly inconsiderate, and thoughtless. The fact that he centers on IU makes it seem likely that he is a college student.

Actually he looks to be in his forties and he really is off the charts. He is a one-note guy, not crazy smart like the Chickjustin.

Also, IU started recruiting on the East Coast before 9/11. Drugs on campus and in student neighborhoods are more recreational; drugs with the locals is economics and addiction IMO.

Actually he looks to be in his forties and he really is off the charts. He is a one-note guy, not crazy smart like the Chickjustin.

I feel so honored... he posted on one of my FB links... what a nutcase!!

Ive not had anything to add lately. Really wish SOMETHING would happen.
I never paid attn i guess-has there always been soooo many ppl disappearing and then at the same time soooo many bodies "being found"? All these bodies turning up and still no Lauren.
Still the first thing i think of every single day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ceishen637