IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #27

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found your post, MrTT:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6885874&postcount=538"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #16[/ame]

I remember you posting the photo of that bracelet, MrTT.

Is the clasp (or bracelet) broken or missing, or is the bracelet intact and just not fastened? I don't recall.

Its whole and intact like the one around her wrist. Sorry for responding late, I did-not notice the page had turn

Its like a ponytail holder, but worn around the wrist instead of the hair. I say wrist because I did not see any long blonde hair in it, though my vision is not what it used to be, But there could be wrist hair on it. Very fine and hard to see with the naked eye though just guessing from looking at it

That is it, THANK YOU. but it appears more blue in the photo than it actually is. Could have been because I took it in the bright sunlight. But it looks similar to the one she is wearing in the picture in post 72
It does look similar.

Especially since you found it fairly soon after Lauren went missing, it's probably a good idea to turn the bracelet and photo in to LE, along with a description of exactly where you found it.

Altho I suppose it could belong to anybody. :)

It might be identifiable by her parents (more likely, her roommates and friends). Even if LE can't get her DNA from it, if it's hers, her parents would most likely want to have it. JMO.

It does look similar.

Especially since you found it fairly soon after Lauren went missing, it's probably a good idea to turn the bracelet and photo in to LE, along with a description of exactly where you found it.

Altho I suppose it could belong to anybody. :)

It might be identifiable by her parents (more likely, her roommates and friends). Even if LE can't get her DNA from it, if it's hers, her parents would most likely want to have it. JMO.

I sent BPD the picture and story behind it last year. They never responded back so I let it go and forgot about it. Because I to thought the chances it was hers almost 31 days later were slim to none. But then i found that photo today in post 72, and it looks like she is setting there posing and showing that thing on her wrist. That is why I brought it back up today. But I agree it could be anyone's and just coincidental.

Its not a bracelet. But a hair holder worn in the hair or around the wrist.

Its whole and intact like the one around her wrist. Sorry for responding late, I did-not notice the page had turn

Its like a ponytail holder, but worn around the wrist instead of the hair. I say wrist because I did not see any long blonde hair in it, though my vision is not what it used to be, But there could be wrist hair on it. Very fine and hard to see with the naked eye though just guessing from looking at it

Hi, just wanted to say that I keep a couple of ponytail holders on my wrist. I wear them everyday so that I can put my hair into a ponytail whenever I want. I am sure that Lauren did the same.

Hi, just wanted to say that I keep a couple of ponytail holders on my wrist. I wear them everyday so that I can put my hair into a ponytail whenever I want. I am sure that Lauren did the same.

My daughter does this as well. An elastic ponytail holder wouldn't fall off easily ... even if stretched out a bit. I think LS' wristlet was found near the gravel lot as well. Perhaps both came off during some altercation? Total speculation ... but it wouldn't just fall off a wrist, IMO (no matter who it belongs to).

There was a body found in the White river today in Spencer, just outside of Bloomington. More than likely the body of the 19 year old boy who went missing a couple of days ago, but the corner wouldn't say if it was a boy or girl.

Women’s lacrosse club plays for missing student Lauren Spierer

Lauren Spierer was chosen to play for her high school varsity lacrosse team as a freshman, but she had to quit when she was diagnosed with a heart condition.

When she went missing, the players on the IU women’s lacrosse club said they felt a connection to the female IU student with a passion for the sport they play, and they knew they had to get involved.

“Lauren is a part of the Hoosier family, and we want to help out,” sophomore and club Vice President Holly Morrow said in an email. “She could have easily been one of our teammates, sisters, or friends, and we know we would want someone doing the same thing for us.”

This land here on Brummetts Creek road is out near Unionville, headed toward Brown County. Like Jupiter said it doesn't have water on it but it does flood alot. I had some Aunts & Uncles who lived on Brummetts Creek road growing up. Lots of woods and maybe a creek or too. Just not sure a college student would know about this area but locals would.

This is an area that had been searched early on. I'm not certain anyone actually searched the ravine that's been mentioned but vacant properties, bridges, ditches, etc.. have been searched.
It couldn't hurt to track down the land owner and get permission to walk his property if there was a cell ping out that way.

If I remember correctly there is a synagogue in this area.

Excerpt from one of the original news articles, The Herald & Review

Monday, March 12, 2012

NEWTON —

The human remains were discovered Saturday near Newton by a local person walking in an area close by the Embarras River. The area is described as a brush thicket, and the walker immediately called his grisly find into the county sheriff’s office.

Police, crime scene technicians and Coroner Jason Meyer arrived, and the work of solving the puzzle of the bones began. Meyer said he doesn’t know yet whether the bones belong to a man or a woman.

So sad! So very sorry for Lauren's family. Such a loss for our world. I know we all want closure. But, I hope this is not Lauren. I'm not confident that any of us have a theory or a clue that would take her to IL.

So sad! So very sorry for Lauren's family. Such a loss for our world. I know we all want closure. But, I hope this is not Lauren. I'm not confident that any of us have a theory or a clue that would take her to IL.

Apparently the Bloomington PD have reason enough to believe that it could be her else they wouldn't have made their waiting public. OTOH maybe this is a way to signal to the public that they haven't forgotten her.

I've always said that from 5 North the most inconspicuous route would be heading west out of town. And in this case, the proximity to I-70 (easy off/easy on) is convenient, sadly.

Excerpt from one of the original news articles, The Herald & Review

Monday, March 12, 2012

NEWTON —

The human remains were discovered Saturday near Newton by a local person walking in an area close by the Embarras River. The area is described as a brush thicket, and the walker immediately called his grisly find into the county sheriff’s office.

Police, crime scene technicians and Coroner Jason Meyer arrived, and the work of solving the puzzle of the bones began. Meyer said he doesn’t know yet whether the bones belong to a man or a woman.

He still doesn't know, or when they were found he couldn't tell? It seems like a long time to still not know?

Is the location of the unidentified body on the way to Indianapolis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500