IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some other concerns about JW:

1. He changed his name on social media accounts shortly after LS disappeared
(I don't think anyone else did that?)

2. What kind of guy lets his 3-year girlfriend go out and get wasted and drugged up without him being present?
(I highly doubt they were currently in a loving exclusive relationship when LS disappeared)

3. Did I read it right he continued to be in business with other POIs?
(if he knew he wasn't involved, then highly likely the other POIs were involved, why would he continue being business partners with them?)

4. His parents have tried to shame LS in the media

I get it that even when tragedy strikes, people have to move on with their lives at some point. But if you are in a LTR with "the love of your life" as JW put it, you wouldn't dare say bad things about her, and if your parents did, you would immediately tell them to stfu and come out yourself in the media to knock all of that off.

I don't know the details of JW and LS's relationship, and I wonder how much Bloomington Police know about it from witness accounts to text message conversations. But I am highly, highly skeptical of them being in a loving exclusive long term relationship, as the media have portrayed. It sounds to me like they either cheated on each other, were in an open relationship, were dating each other on-off, etc. CR and LS had flirted for a week or more, and CR was open about his intentions to hook up with LS. The fact that she went out with him that night suggests she did so intentionally. Then ZO ran into both of them. If LS were being "preyed on" by CR, ZO could have put an end to it right then and there. The fact he didn't and only punched CR suggests to me that LS was with CR on purpose, and ZO and JW didn't approve, but there was nothing they could do about it because more than likely LS had made it clear she was going out with whoever she wanted to go out with. The best ZO could do was punch the guy in the face as a show of disapproval for him moving in on his buddy's girl.

There's also no way ZO didn't call up JW and tell him about the confrontation with CR and the fact that CR was all over LS.

All of these things don't add up and really suggest to me JW was not happy with LS being with CR that night, but LS was with him of her own volition. JW doesn't have an alibi other than being home asleep ... and as a young man I can guarantee you that if your friend called you and told you that your girlfriend was all over another guy, it would not be a peaceful night of sleep. All of this leads me to believe that JW would have been in a really angered state of mind that night. Whether he did anything other than fume in his apartment, who knows, and the guys at 5N could be the guilty ones all along, but JW doesn't deserve to have been skipped over by the media and PIs like he has. Getting waaaaay too free a pass IMO.

What strikes me about the article is that JW's mother is indignant that JW is still a suspect and indignant that the Bloomington PD gives drinking tickets to kids (like JW), but she's not indignant that LS is very likely deceased. What's "off," IMO, is her tone. It's really biting, given the circumstances, and doesn't fit the context of the situation.

"This poor little girl is not with us today because of her drug abuse," Nadine Wolff said. IMO, calling LS a "poor little girl" in itself is demeaning; she wasn't a "little girl" at age 20, and the "poor" is condescending.

I can imagine LS' disappearance has negatively impacted JW's life, but there's no compassion at all for the Spierers here. His mother doesn't have the compassionate quality one mother usually has for another mother who has suffered a tragedy. That's the part that strikes me as the most odd.

I agree that her statement about the lie detector test is strange. IDK ... maybe JW has a temper? But if she wanted him to take a lie detector test, why is she so offended that the Spierers and LE want him to take one? In addition, DR reportedly took an FBI-administered test, so why couldn't JW have taken that versus one from Bloomfield PD if not trusting BPD was an issue?

That also strikes me as odd ... they hired a retired FBI polygrapher but wouldn't consider a current FBI one ... or maybe that wasn't offered to them? IOW, her argument doesn't seem valid.

This is a good post. If JW had been truly in love with LS, he would not let his parents shame her in the media. Regardless of how difficult the case has made his life, I can't see a loving boyfriend allowing that to happen without coming out in the media and trying to take back his parents' comments.

Also, the lie detector stuff all seems like bunk to me. BPD vs. FBI, great point. If they don't trust BPD, JW could take an FBI administered polygraph. The retired FBI guy would be a family friend. They could have dictated the questions ahead of time. There are any number of reasons why its not legit.

In JW's defense, his parent's don't really speak for him and it's likely his attorney has told him to stay silent. And as I've been saying, the civil suit against 5N is nearly entirely based on what they told to investigators and others so that would be exhibit A as to why the attorney would further tell him to continue to stay quiet if asked. It's also the major reason that people here and throughout the court of public opinion have settled on 5N as major suspects because they have, by their own statements, given themselves opportunity and allowed their motives and statements to be dissected. Those that have stayed quiet have really given nobody much to question.

A second case then in point would be JW's mother's comments. Even though she's speaking for herself, just that little bit she said actually is enough to move the public needle slightly back towards JW. And it's simply because there's suddenly something else to discuss that doesn't fit neatly into what many of us would expect. Again, another reason why just staying quiet by anyone remotely connected to the case is going to be the advice of an attorney.

Which leads to the comments about expecting JW to come out and clean that up. First, I'm not sure he could. That bell has already been rung. Second, he'd risk making it worse by saying something that gets twisted or later looks wrong based on future info that might be released. Even with a prepared script there's always the risk that he would go off script. And the risks would be the same if his attorney spoke for him. So, at this point, I wouldn't expect him to speak and I suspect his attorney might've had some advice for his parents to do that same after that interview appeared. There's simply more risk to making it worse than there is to 'fixing it'. Moreso when you consider JW would always be the statistical high probability POI in a case like this due to his relationship to LS.

So IOW... Just let that interview be forgotten or left to stand alone versus add anything else to it (would be the legal advice they'd likely get).

And saying all that I will add the caveat that I still believe JW to be an equal POI to be considered to 5N.... From the outside looking in neither should be cleared of suspicion based on what we know... ...or think we know...

And as I've been saying, the civil suit against 5N is nearly entirely based on what they told to investigators and others so that would be exhibit A as to why the attorney would further tell him to continue to stay quiet if asked. It's also the major reason that people here and throughout the court of public opinion have settled on 5N as major suspects because they have, by their own statements, given themselves opportunity and allowed their motives and statements to be dissected. Those that have stayed quiet have really given nobody much to question.

That's not my impression. I think most people have settled on the guys at 5 N as major suspects because they were the last to be with Lauren and they have told conflicting stories and refused to fully cooperate with the investigation.

The private investigators also interviewed JW and others, there's just not much that have come of those stories because as far as we know, there's no evidence that any of them were with Lauren or had anything to do with her after she was carried back to 5 N. DR also spoke to investigators and has been, for the most part, left alone -- partly because he did cooperate and took an LE poly. On the other hand, CR hasn't spoken at all and supposedly has 'amnesia', yet he has been focused on the most. So keeping quiet hasn't done him much good. Why? Because his story is the most suspect and leaves the most questions.

Some other concerns about JW:

1. He changed his name on social media accounts shortly after LS disappeared
(I don't think anyone else did that?)

Most of the POI did that.

2. What kind of guy lets his 3-year girlfriend go out and get wasted and drugged up without him being present?
(I highly doubt they were currently in a loving exclusive relationship when LS disappeared)

What kind of guy is in charge of dictating who his girlfriend can and can't go out with?? She went out with friends - I doubt this was out of the norm for any of them.

3. Did I read it right he continued to be in business with other POIs?
(if he knew he wasn't involved, then highly likely the other POIs were involved, why would he continue being business partners with them?)

No, that's not correct.

4. His parents have tried to shame LS in the media

I'm with you (and others) on this one, and think the Wolffs' comments were despicable, as well as the silence from JW. I think they were trying to deflect attention to JW by victim blaming (bad move), but my guess is it had more to do with being on the offensive about JW's involvement with drugs.

There's also no way ZO didn't call up JW and tell him about the confrontation with CR and the fact that CR was all over LS.

By all accounts, ZO and JW were not friends. I'm sure the news did get back to JW though... it sounds like maybe not until the next morning though.

What kind of guy is in charge of dictating who his girlfriend can and can't go out with?? She went out with friends - I doubt this was out of the norm for any of them.

If you think it's acceptable to let someone close to you go out and drink and drug themselves half to death, without being there to look out for them, then I don't know what to tell you. Apparently you and I have different lifestyles and different perspectives in this matter.

If you think it's acceptable to let someone close to you go out and drink and drug themselves half to death, without being there to look out for them, then I don't know what to tell you. Apparently you and I have different lifestyles and different perspectives in this matter.

I really think you might be reading what Abbey meant wrong. If JW had set his foot down and said she couldn't hang out with CR/others, that would be evidence that he is the possessive/jealous type. LS was an adult and made a decision to go out with people she thought she could trust, which she was entirely entitled to do, with or without JW's permission or knowledge. There hasn't been any indication that JW really knew what LS was up to that night and so there wouldn't be a reason for him to think she might be in trouble (although some have speculated he may have heard at some point).

Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that the people she hung out with were very concerned about her well-being and are more likely the ones who watched her "drink and drug herself half to death, without being there to look out for her," whether you believe they watched her walk away or were involved in a cover-up.

JMO.

My views have not changed in 3 years. Sadly, nothing in this case has changed in 3 years.

CR --

Obviously wanted to have sex with LS that night. Had been working up to it for awhile. My impression was that many people knew CR's intentions, so that's why I come back to JW ... if everyone else knew CR and LS had been flirting and CR was trying to hook up with LS, how would JW feel about that? He didn't care? Was it common for everyone to sleep around with everyone else in this social circle? Or was he jealous and angry about it?

I don't buy for one second that LS was with CR "just friends" that night, and then CR "took advantage of her". Women have good radar, they know if someone is creeping them and they don't feel the same way, and they don't drink and use drugs and go off alone with a guy like that in the middle of the night. Either LS and JW had broken up or were otherwise fighting with each other, and CR was a rebound, or maybe the debauchery in this group went so far that anything went with anyone at anytime, no boundaries. I have no idea. But the belief that a naive LS was preyed upon by CR seems fantastic to me.

And no, that does not excuse CR's actions that night, which were shameful. Every person involved in this case has reason to be ashamed of their conduct that night (but let's keep in mind they were all young and young people make mistakes, I know I did!).

What we know for sure was that CR was LS's companion late that night ... my take is they tried to go back to LS's room to have sex there. Then there was the confrontation with ZO. It was always my impression that ZO was one of JW's frat brothers / friends and punched CR because he didn't approve of him being all over LS, and that's why I make the connection between ZO and JW, but if that information has changed over time, someone feel free to correct me. Otherwise, I think LS was no longer in any shape to be doing much of anything. It seems her condition from alcohol and drug use had deteriorated considerably between leaving Kilroy's and arriving at SW. Can someone remind me why did they not enter LS's room at SW? Was it occupied? Did she leave her room key behind at Kilroy's? Did they turn around and leave because of ZO's and his crew?

When CR and LS left SW it's my impression that CR was still determined to get LS into bed that night, so decided to take her back to his place. Because of all the various running around, it seems CR's only plan that night was to have sex and party with LS, and her with him, although she was out of it by then. I don't think there were any more nefarious intentions than that, although his conduct was bad enough. The running around all over the place while she was already nearly incapacitated suggests nothing intentional on the part of CR. If he planned to sexually assault LS (or worse) against her will, then it would make more sense for him to just get on with it rather than running all over this part of Bloomington with her, no?

And the talk about dropped purses and cards or whatever in the alley seems to me like pretty irrelevant information. More than likely CR was pretty messed up himself and having difficulty carrying LS around, I'm sure it was pretty easy for them to lose some of her possessions along the way, without suggesting something malicious happened. I'm not sure about the attempt to enter someone else's residence, perhaps CR was in such bad shape himself that he decided to call it a night mid-passage and tried to drop LS off with another person? Did LE ever speak to this other person? Did they answer the door and tell LE whether or not there was an attempt to drop LS off that night? Sorry I don't remember all of the details regarding this part of the case.

The reasons to be suspicious of CR ... the amnesia thing seems pretty shady to me. I could see him getting LS back to his apartment, and then she dies from overdose, heart condition, or head injury. Then he panics ... but if this were the case, why would MB get involved? And JR? If LS died while with CR, none of these other POIs have anything to gain by covering for him. Maybe one of them (JR?) was a drug supplier and wanted to cover everything up too -- but at most that's two people in a conspiracy. It doesn't add up to me that a third person, MB or whoever, would just say "OK, I'll cover for you guys, no big deal."

----------

MB --

Why would this guy involve himself and cover up for anyone? What would he have to gain? The only way I can see MB being involved in this at all was if multiple people ... maybe all of the guys at 5N decided to gang up and rape LS while she was out of it. Then people need to start asking the hard questions about past experiences with LS and all of these boys and people in their peripheral social circles ... had things like this happened before? I'm NOT suggesting this is what happened, but it's possible given LS's state and the things that happen on college campuses -- but that's the only way I can see MB ever being involved in a conspiracy. Otherwise, what would have to gain?

-----------

JR --

IF someone at 5N were responsible, which is more than possible, it would be this guy IMO. The story about LS walking off of her own volition does not pass the smell test to me. Now, this guy has always sounded like the drug supplier to all of these kids, but if that's not accurate someone will have to correct me. I could see the drug supplier not wanting to get arrested for causing death, not wanting an investigation to lead to his arrest for dealing, not wanting to lose his business, etc. etc. I could see someone like that wanting to cover up an accidental death.

I could see this guy being alone with LS when she died ... I could see him being involved in a conspiracy with most likely 1 other but possibly more people.

I know I harp on JW not getting enough heat but this guy, JR, deserves all the heat he gets IMO. I can tell you from past experience, I stopped by an ex-girlfriend's 21st birthday party at a club in college. She invited me and I brought a friend since I wouldn't know anyone else there and didn't want to be awkward. About 2:30 a.m. I had long since lost track of her as she partied with her friends, and me and my buddy were doing our own thing ... but I was getting ready to leave and noticed my ex-girlfriend by herself. All of her other friends had left, she was beyond drunk, and had no way to leave the club, other than what would have probably been invitations from strangers at closing time some 20 or 30 minutes later. At that point, I drove her home and took her up to her apartment. She tried to get me into bed with her, and I shut her down and told her to go sleep. I think that's what friends do for each other in those situations, so I can't imagine a real friend -- in JR's position -- just allowing this girl to wander off into the middle of the night. But maybe that's just me.

And it doesn't seem like she could have made it around the corner of that building on her own anyway at that time. And someone else made a point that she never walked that way anyway, but always took the alley. So a lot of this clown's story doesn't add up IMO.

----------

JW --

I don't like this guy either. I don't like his lack of alibi. I don't like the fact that I feel like he's not forthcoming with the details of his relationship with LS. He made it seem like they were in a loving exclusive relationship, but I can tell right off the bat that's all BS and makes it seem like he has something to hide.

----------

Stranger abduction

It's a small possibility but I really doubt LS left JR's apartment that night and got abducted seconds in between him losing sight of her and when she would have next been picked up on cam. There's always the small chance it happened but this is the theory I'm quickest to discount.

----------

Mostly I'm sad for LS that she didn't have real friends around her that night to help watch over her. That story LS's mom posted about the letter from the non-traditional student, I found that really touching. LS had a good heart, she made really poor decisions that night that did not deserve to be met with either foul play or a coverup that denied her family the right to know what happened and give her a proper burial. She seemed like a good person who needed better friends in her life rather than the fast lifestyle that provides everyone with a rush and lots of people coming and going, but nobody really there for you when it matters.

All of these other people, even if they weren't involved in anything, need to grow up and learn to get their life together, and most of all they need to learn how to treat other people and be a decent human being.

CR --

Obviously wanted to have sex with LS that night. Had been working up to it for awhile. My impression was that many people knew CR's intentions, so that's why I come back to JW ... if everyone else knew CR and LS had been flirting and CR was trying to hook up with LS, how would JW feel about that? He didn't care? Was it common for everyone to sleep around with everyone else in this social circle? Or was he jealous and angry about it?

I don't buy for one second that LS was with CR "just friends" that night, and then CR "took advantage of her". Women have good radar, they know if someone is creeping them and they don't feel the same way, and they don't drink and use drugs and go off alone with a guy like that in the middle of the night. Either LS and JW had broken up or were otherwise fighting with each other, and CR was a rebound, or maybe the debauchery in this group went so far that anything went with anyone at anytime, no boundaries. I have no idea. But the belief that a naive LS was preyed upon by CR seems fantastic to me.'

snipped and BBM

Lauren didn't go off alone with Corey until after he had bought and 'helped' her drink shots at the bar and she was so intoxicated that she couldn't talk coherently or walk on her own. She was described at that point as being 'incoherent', 'incapacitated' and didn't even have the ability to put up her hands to break her fall when she fell flat on her face. She may have even been drugged - we don't know. So it seems kind of inappropriate to me to make assumptions that Lauren must have 'felt the same way'. You state that it was clearly CR's intent when he brought her home to have sex with her, but also that you don't 'buy' that he was taking advantage of her. She obviously wasn't in a state to be able to consent to anything when he dragged her home at 4 am, which would make that sexual assault.

In fact at the time that Lauren went missing, another student at IU who had just dragged an intoxicated girl home and assaulted her had just been convicted of sexual assault in a highly publicized case, and expelled from IU. After having several witnesses see the state that Lauren was in when he took her home, if anything did happen there, I'm sure Corey would have known that he was potentially in very serious trouble.

I appreciate your detail here, though I don't agree with all of it. I wish we knew more about the relationships going into the night, but I don't think we can assume LS and CR wanted the same thing. IMO, LS may have been testing the waters with CR, for whatever reason, but given what we know, I don't see more than that. What we know is that she left SW with DR to go to JR's. We don't know if DR was a conduit for CR or JR, i.e., one of them asking him to bring LS so CR and she could connect, or if she knew he'd be there. IMO, the klonopin LS and DR supposedly did first could come into play here, as her decision-making from that point on, especially after consuming alcohol, would have been affected. It takes 1-4 hours for klonopin to reach its peak, so with alcohol, LS would have been fuzzy pretty early on. She may have been fairly out of it when CR arrived at JW's. I find klonopin to be a weird drug of choice for that time of night to begin with, but I'd think it would have been verified in DR's polygraph. IDK.

Re: JW: I agree he needs further scrutiny, to determine what he knew and didn't know about a lot of things. "News travels fast" is an understatement these days ... even if he didn't answer his cell and was asleep, someone else could have woken him up and told him what happened at SW. My speculation is that he knew and didn't do anything at all, perhaps because he was ticked off at LS. But then when she didn't show up, he started to worry ... and now he feels really guilty. But that's speculation on my part. Regardless, I feel something's missing in his story, and what it might take to solve this is that something. JMO.

Re: JR: This one we totally agree on. You did what was right with your ex and protected her as a friend should ... and IMO, JR had to know that it wasn't right (or safe) to let LS leave without her cell, shoes, key and with a bruise on her face (which he's acknowledged), also knowing she'd drank and done klonopin. Unless he himself couldn't walk, which would also discredit his story. Also, he really doesn't appear to show any guilt for that. I suppose he might just be a jerk, but making the phone calls suggests that he did have concern at some point. There's got to be more to his story.

Finally, my hope is that some of these people do grow up and realize they need to do the right thing and then spill what they know. It might only take one!

"It was always my impression that ZO was one of JW's frat brothers / friends" It was my impression that JW and at least one of the guys at 5N had been in Alpha Epsilon Pi, a Jewish fraternity that had been expelled from campus in 2008. By the time LS disappeared, it may or may not have become an "official" off-campus fraternity; it is back as an official IU fraternity now, but I don't know when that happened. Sometimes fraternities continue "unofficially" as a group of guys who are friends with each other after the fraternity is no longer "official." I may be wrong about these connections.
http://newsinfo.iu.edu/news/page/normal/7312.html
Also, I recall reading that ZO was connected with Acacia, which was later expelled from campus. There were rumors about drug-dealing and Acacia, enough that it was getting the nickname "Cocacia." The connection of ZO to Acacia may be nothing but rumor, though.
http://www.idsnews.com/article/2012...d-into-loss-of-acacias-house-charter?id=87589

snipped and BBM

Lauren didn't go off alone with Corey until after he had bought and 'helped' her drink shots at the bar and she was so intoxicated that she couldn't talk coherently or walk on her own. She was described at that point as being 'incoherent', 'incapacitated' and didn't even have the ability to put up her hands to break her fall when she fell flat on her face. She may have even been drugged - we don't know. So it seems kind of inappropriate to me to make assumptions that Lauren must have 'felt the same way'. You state that it was clearly CR's intent when he brought her home to have sex with her, but also that you don't 'buy' that he was taking advantage of her. She obviously wasn't in a state to be able to consent to anything when he dragged her home at 4 am, which would make that sexual assault....

While writing my most recent post, I started to think about klonopin and its effect on a user, with or without alcohol. It's traditionally used for anxiety and panic attacks and can help with sleep, though it's not given just as a sleep aid. It's definitely not something that keeps you partying into the night. But it's also categorized as a date-rape drug, so really, no one needed to drug her to have the desired effect, especially if alcohol was added to the mix.

While it does look like CR wanted to hook up with LS, I'm really not sure he would have been in the state to, either. IDK. But if he did and she couldn't say no, I agree that it would be a sexual assault.

quote from sammi #516:
IMO, the Spierers have honed in on the 5N POI because they can be placed with her and the consistent descriptions of LS that night. If they were aware of JW out and about, I really think they would be much more vocal about him being possibly involved. I'm not sure we would necessarily know if LE is really focused on these guys or not because they have been relatively quiet about their investigation for awhile.

whether or not the spierers know whether JW was home or not, Bo Dietl, their PI, has stated that JW was not telling the truth about being at home. This link to Dietl's video interview has been posted a dozen times, have you seen it and listened to it sammi?

although Dietl has disparaged our LE here in Bloomington, both he and our Chief of Police agree that JW remains an important POI and not just because the bf always is, but that he gave inconsistent info and then as Dietl puts it, on the video "and all that..."which I take to mean there is other evidence making him a POI other than his alibi. JMO of course :moo:

iirc, Acacia was suspended for 25 years! a super-harsh sentence,

While writing my most recent post, I started to think about klonopin and its effect on a user, with or without alcohol. It's traditionally used for anxiety and panic attacks and can help with sleep, though it's not given just as a sleep aid. It's definitely not something that keeps you partying into the night. But it's also categorized as a date-rape drug, so really, no one needed to drug her to have the desired effect, especially if alcohol was added to the mix.

While it does look like CR wanted to hook up with LS, I'm really not sure he would have been in the state to, either. IDK. But if he did and she couldn't say no, I agree that it would be a sexual assault.

True. And, alcohol is the most common 'date rape drug' anyway...

It's also true that we don't know what state Corey was in, though that doesn't really matter when it comes to the question of sexual assault. It's weird that the witnesses all commented on how out of it Lauren was, but there are no similar comments about Corey. We do know that he was served alcohol at Kilroy's, that he managed to have coherent conversations with at least two separate groups of people where he claimed he was in control of the situation, and he managed to carry Lauren through the streets to his place.

Same goes for the other POI. People sometimes assume they were all totally wasted, which is possible, but the only thing we've actually heard about the others is that MB was supposedly 'stone cold sober', via his lawyer.

True. And, alcohol is the most common 'date rape drug' anyway...

It's also true that we don't know what state Corey was in, though that doesn't really matter when it comes to the question of sexual assault. It's weird that the witnesses all commented on how out of it Lauren was, but there are no similar comments about Corey. We do know that he was served alcohol at Kilroy's, that he managed to have coherent conversations with at least two separate groups of people where he claimed he was in control of the situation, and he managed to carry Lauren through the streets to his place.

Same goes for the other POI. People sometimes assume they were all totally wasted, which is possible, but the only thing we've actually heard about the others is that MB was supposedly 'stone cold sober', via his lawyer.
Yep, and MB was conveniently 86'd from the civil suit. JMO.

it's been two years and their house is still occupied by another frat, rumor has it it's going to be a very long time for Acacia's return.

Speculating a step further (regarding the actions of JW's family): From my research, I can't find any comments from the 5N POIs' parents. This could simply mean the 5N POIs' parents have more compassion than JW's family, which isn't saying much or maybe no compassion and just control their tempers around the press. Regardless, it is interesting, IMO.

JW's family: I think the comments of JW's mom were completely out of line but also weird. No parent should speak out the way she did, but wouldn't it make more sense if the 5N Parents spoke up/snapped under the pressure of the media in an effort to "clear their innocent son"? JW has received minimal attacking compared to them, so I'm not understanding her motive, UNLESS there is something to hide. Also, JW's dad comes into town, IMO prematurely, and confronts CR's at his apt with JW. (http://archive.lohud.com/article/20...ered-away-after-night-heavy-drinking-drug-use). Regarding JW, it can be argued whether or not his actions to report LS missing so soon made sense, but the fact is it was reported soon and under the circumstances of "I wasn't with her she was with other people". It seems JW's family have been aggressively steering this case in a certain direction from the very beginning. Maybe they simply don't handle a crisis well or maybe they have another motive....

IMO, JW is a top suspect. If he wasn't directly involved, indirectly is very likely. CR/MB knew LS for a week and while friends/acquaintances, LS and JR weren't close, whereas JW would know her habits, other people she associated with etc - aka would have a much better guess where she may have gone/tried to go (assuming she left JRs) and for some reason isn't speaking up. If you can entertain the theory LS left JRs, the silence of JW and LS' "real friends" is a lot scarier than the silence of a people she only knew a week or loose acquaintances, IMO.

*I'm not substituting silence for compassion. I agree the 5N boys should express sympathy and emotion toward LS and offer info if they have it because it is humane. By silence I mean if they really have no more information to offer, people LS was closer to (JW, HT, maybe ZC?)would have much more valuable information to offer. The silence from her real friends is something I've always found very odd about the case - unless they have spoken to LE and we aren't looped in.

I believe JW skipped town before he was named a poi. And, even CR has expressed sympathy publicly. The others claim they don't know what happened. But the Wolff's claim she died from drugs.
There was another missing girl story recently on television. The rumor was the girl died from an OD and the police thought her friends dumped her body. It turned out to be murder.
We think Jesse's dad came to Bloomington Sunday. Is that the case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard