IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #36

1685807345929.png
A missing person poster of Lauren Spierer, who was 20 in 2011, is posted on a sign post outside her apartment building in Bloomington, Ind., on June 7, 2011. (AP Photo/Michael Conroy)
June 3 2023 rbbm.
''BLOOMINGTON, Ind. (WISH) — “I wear June 3 like a shroud,” writes Charlene Spierer, the mother of Lauren Spierer, in a Facebook post made on the 12-year anniversary of her daughter’s disappearance.

Lauren Spierer went missing on June 3, 2011, after a night of partying with friends in Bloomington. Police said she was last seen leaving a friend’s place near West 11th Street and College Avenue. She left alone and was walking back to her apartment when something happened.

Investigators say she was later reported missing by a male friend.

Police have received over 800 tips from the public and have executed many search warrants since Lauren’s disappearance. The case remains unsolved.

Charlene wrote this in a post on Facebook as a “reminder that they will never stop” the search for Lauren.''

''There have been lies and inconsistencies from the beginning. I guess that’s always how it is in any case. Self-preservation above all but someone knows what happened, someone is responsible. I have been schooled in the art of not sharing information. Fruit of the poisonous tree…What parent would ever risk saying something that would compromise an investigation into their daughter’s disappearance? Even now, even here, I consider my every word. I take care. ''

''12 years you have kept your secret. 12 years we have continued our search. I write today as a reminder that we will never stop.

12 years of June 3rd.
Charlene Spierer via Facebook''

Jun 3, 2023
'Lauren Spierer was a 20-year-old sophomore at IU when she vanished after a night out with friends in Bloomington on June 3, 2011.'

''But former FBI agent Brad Garrett believes somebody knows something about what happened to Lauren the night she disappeared. With over 30 years of experience in law enforcement, Garrett has solved many high-profile cases by connecting with the people in the community, developing their information and using his unique crime-solving skills to find the bad guys. He is now using the same approach via social media.

“Nobody simply vanishes. Someone heard something or saw something that night which might seem insignificant, but it could be an important piece of the puzzle,” said Garrett, an ABC News consultant. “With the new series ‘Solve It,’ we’re hoping someone will comment or post what they know online, and help solve the mystery of what happened to Lauren.”

1685809000529.png

Last edited:
Charlene wrote on Facebook, “What happened to Lauren could have happened to anyone. I think most college students believe they are invincible, but my daughter did not make a safe or careful decision. Even so, she was likely caught in a ‘wrong place, wrong time, wrong people’ situation. There have been lies and inconsistencies from the beginning. I guess that’s always how it is in any case. Self-preservation above all, but someone knows what happened; someone is responsible.”

She urged viewers to think of her daughter and stated her vow to maintain the search for Lauren: “12 years you have kept your secret. 12 years, we have continued our search. I write today as a reminder that we will never stop.”

• Lauren Spierer was last seen with several men in downtown Bloomington
  • After 12 years, her family still has no answers on what happened to her
  • The men she was seen with have stopped cooperating with investigators
LaurenSpiererMain.jpg

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads