GUILTY IN - Leon Walker, 5, tortured & killed, Gary, 28 April 2010

Why is this guy so willing to just sit in jail with no resolution? Put off going to a state prison? Bored with nothing better to do, than to pull the lawyer's and the court's strings?

Plea deal for Gary man in death of son, 5 - November 8, 2016

http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/post-tribune/crime/ct-ptb-burns-plea-agreement-st-1110-20161108-story.html

The father of a 5-year-old boy who was bound and beaten to death more than six years ago has pleaded guilty to neglect of a dependent in exchange for a 40-year sentence.

Leon Deneal Burns, 34, who had faced life in prison without the possibility of parole if convicted of murder in the death of his son, Leon Walker, admitted he tied up and beat the boy. In a statement to police, Burns admitted in court documents filed with his plea agreement that the boy was being disrespectful and was being punished by being tied up and beaten.

Lake Superior Court Judge Clarence Murray accepted the plea agreement and scheduled a Dec. 13 sentencing hearing.

'Child was tortured,' judge says in sentencing man to 40 years in son's death

http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/post-tribune/crime/ct-ptb-leon-burns-sentencing-st-1214-20161213-story.html

As he listened to each side, Judge Clarence Murray found a word missing at the sentencing hearing in the case of a 5-year-old boy who was bound and beaten to death.

"The one word that has not been used in this hearing, it has to be used, and I'll say it: torture," Murray said. "This child was tortured."

Six years after the case was initially filed, Leon Deneal Burns, 35, was sentenced Tuesday in Lake County court to 40 years in prison, with credit for time already served and the last five years to be served on probation, in the death of his son, Leon Walker.

The sentence followed a plea agreement struck between attorneys after six years of delays and continuations. The attorneys presented the deal last month, and Burns pleaded guilty to neglect of a dependent.

The attorneys referred to photos of the child's injuries at sentencing, and those photos will continue to haunt Murray long after sentencing, the judge said.

"As long as I live, I'll never forget what I saw in those pictures," he said.

the mom dad and grandmother all 3 had know something wrong and others in neighborhood mom dam g mother needs be charged everyone else in neighborhood thak had contact as accessory

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox
Back