GUILTY IN - Melinda Lindsey, 23, shot to death, Porter County, 16 Jan 2015 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally agree that something was said on the call with the brother. SOMETHING was exchanged. The lie that he was "incoherent" is so obvious. Nobody jumps in a vehicle with loaded guns and drives that far without calling the person back asking for some clarification. Unfortunately we'll probably never know what it was.

But it does tell me that the brother was in on this. And he was in on it up to his neck.

Unfortunately I think SL shot Melinda closer to the time the movie started, that gave him time to tidy up and tend to baby girl before making his phone calls

I don't know which way I feel as to why, one moment I think it's because of money, and the next I think it's because Melinda was going to be free. Maybe it is a combination of both.

Knowing that SL had isolated Melinda from her loved ones, I hope that the prison he is sent to is so far from any of his family that he is lucky to ever have any visitors. With knowing that he emotionally abused Melinda, I hope that his new roommate is one of those big bullies, so SL can always live on eggshells in his new dwelling. With knowing SL is guilty of murder, I really hope that there is prison justice.

I think I'll keep praying that the police might be able to confirm up the conspiracy charges with charges being laid, nobody should get away with what was done to Melinda, if they knew they should pay,
I tend to think it was more about the money, simply because Melinda had a policy on her life at all. He married her and immediately started badgering her to buy life insurance. She was 22. Who does that? Nobody. i think he knew he was going to kill her when she made the call they played in court.

I totally agree that something was said on the call with the brother. SOMETHING was exchanged. The lie that he was "incoherent" is so obvious. Nobody jumps in a vehicle with loaded guns and drives that far without calling the person back asking for some clarification. Unfortunately we'll probably never know what it was.

But it does tell me that the brother was in on this. And he was in on it up to his neck.
Yeah, he knew what was going on. He knew Melinda was dead or dying so he brought his wife to take the baby. Whether or not he knew in advance what SL's plans were, who knows? I tend to think yes, but there's no proof of that.

I was telling my husband about this case tonight. I gave him the short story about SL & Melinda. Then about about the murder. I was telling him about the supposed "incoherent" phone call which resulted in the brother loading up the guns and his wife and driving over there without calling back or calling the police. My husband interrupted me and he said, "This guy didn't get away with this, did he?" Then he wondered if they got the brother too.

There's probably no way to prove that he was involved unless somebody testifies against him. And one person is dead. And the other is probably going to prison for life. So he's not likely to talk. The wife? Who knows. Maybe after more time goes by, she'll decide to do the right thing.

SL's brother had better remain faithful and doting and very, very nice to his wife because if he p*sses her off, she can rat him out without a backward glance! Yes, even without a divorce. No forewarning necessary.

One ugly argument from him and she can just drop by the friendly neighborhood police station to paint a very unflattering picture I'll bet. And yes, there is spousal immunity ... IF the spouse chooses to exercise the right.

But, like the 5th, one can choose to set it aside.

I was telling my husband about this case tonight. I gave him the short story about SL & Melinda. Then about about the murder. I was telling him about the supposed "incoherent" phone call which resulted in the brother loading up the guns and his wife and driving over there without calling back or calling the police. My husband interrupted me and he said, "This guy didn't get away with this, did he?" Then he wondered if they got the brother too.

There's probably no way to prove that he was involved unless somebody testifies against him. And one person is dead. And the other is probably going to prison for life. So he's not likely to talk. The wife? Who knows. Maybe after more time goes by, she'll decide to do the right thing.
Even if the wife decided to risk talking to the cops, wouldn't it just be her word against his? There's no proof the brother ever did anything other than back up Steven's lies after the fact. It seems he will get away with his part in this - probably helping to set up the stalker story.

I think they probably have cell phone records that show who was talking to who. And they also have the testimony that's in the record of this trial. The SIL verifying what happened, could be enough. And who would a jury believe? Another Lindsey telling another wackadoddle story? Or the SIL filling in the blanks of an ugly story that actually makes sense?

Well she'd have to be awfully pissed to do that. It seems the Lindsey boys have no problem with murder.

Even if the wife decided to risk talking to the cops, wouldn't it just be her word against his? There's no proof the brother ever did anything other than back up Steven's lies after the fact. It seems he will get away with his part in this - probably helping to set up the stalker story.
There's a article in the Cicago Tribune that states the detectives suspected SL and his brother staged the stalker scenes. I suppose it's possible SL convinced his brother to help by telling him Melinda needed to feel scared for whatever reason, but I doubt it. I don't know why it's so important to me to feel that his brother was duped into helping. Faith in humanity I guess. I know it's a longshot. Could SHSF give any insight into the dynamics of Melinda's relationship with her in-laws?

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

I remember what she wrote about being a homemaker also, how it was the hardest job she ever had because there were no breaks and Steven didn't help at all. I'm sure nothing she ever did was good enough for him. That's how abusers roll.

I remember that too. And I remember on her f/b how everything she cooked, she cooked from SCRATCH. Can you imagine? She tried so hard to make that idiot happy. And it was never going to happen. Most men would be THRILLED to have a wife cook for them on a regular basis. Let alone make everything from scratch!!!

I have wondered too if the night before she told him she was done and wanted out. He is such a control freak, he couldn't tolerate her leaving him. So he sat up all night stewing, drinking & taking pills, until he had the courage to shoot her.

I don't think it was ANYTHING she said that night that pushed him to pull that trigger. I believe he spent weeks setting this up to look like a stalker had killed her.

There's a article in the Cicago Tribune that states the detectives suspected SL and his brother staged the stalker scenes. I suppose it's possible SL convinced his brother to help by telling him Melinda needed to feel scared for whatever reason, but I doubt it. I don't know why it's so important to me to feel that his brother was duped into helping. Faith in humanity I guess. I know it's a longshot. Could SHSF give any insight into the dynamics of Melinda's relationship with her in-laws?

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
i suppose SL could have duped his brother into acting the part of a stalker, but ...a cut of a million dollar insurance policy could be considered an inducement. There was that conspiracy charge initially, but then it seemed it was dropped. Maybe the cops decided they didn't have enough on Shawn.

I think Shawn was well aware of how Steve *was*. (His character in general).

SL was very angry and hostile towards Melinda. Even strangers couldn't miss that on her Facebook account.

I think SL found her an entertaining distraction at first, possibility saw her as a way to escape the responsibilities of his marriage... a wife and child.

Then she got pregnant and became the "wife and child". The very situation he sought to escape.

Add to that, the constant belittling by... a certain person... for his choosing Melinda, who was viewed as inferior in every possible way...

I can see how SL became seething angry, and I think his brother knew the whole time, what was going on.

SL was very angry and hostile towards Melinda. Even strangers couldn't miss that on her Facebook account.

I think SL found her an entertaining distraction at first, possibility saw her as a way to escape the responsibilities of his marriage... a wife and child.

Then she got pregnant and became the "wife and child". The very situation he sought to escape.

Add to that, the constant belittling by... a certain person... for his choosing Melinda, who was viewed as inferior in every possible way...

I can see how SL became seething angry, and I think his brother knew the whole time, what was going on.
I don't know enough about the people involved to make any informed decisions as to why he acted the way he did. Frankly, I don't think anyone could have had influence on him, no matter how much belittling went on.
I have absolutely zero sympathy for adulterers, especially when they try to lie to cover it up. Perhaps Melinda was simply more easily manipulated by Steve because she was so young, wanted her family so much etc.
If I found out the man I was dating had lied to me by saying that he not only was never married, but then he was married but had no children, but then he was married but his wife and child had died, but then he was STILL MARRIED, I don't believe I would stick around.
But love makes you do irrational things and it's obvious that Melinda loved him, maybe even idolized him.
I don't believe he was belittled. I believe the truth about who and what he really is was exposed to the world, and he couldn't handle it.
It's tragic Melinda couldn't see it.

I don't know enough about the people involved to make any informed decisions as to why he acted the way he did. Frankly, I don't think anyone could have had influence on him, no matter how much belittling went on.
I have absolutely zero sympathy for adulterers, especially when they try to lie to cover it up. Perhaps Melinda was simply more easily manipulated by Steve because she was so young, wanted her family so much etc.
If I found out the man I was dating had lied to me by saying that he not only was never married, but then he was married but had no children, but then he was married but his wife and child had died, but then he was STILL MARRIED, I don't believe I would stick around.
But love makes you do irrational things and it's obvious that Melinda loved him, maybe even idolized him.
I don't believe he was belittled. I believe the truth about who and what he really is was exposed to the world, and he couldn't handle it.
It's tragic Melinda couldn't see it.

Melinda was chronicly disparaged. That much I know for a fact. I read about it day in and day out, that could get irritating. Yes he was belittled and so was she. (Not saying he didn't earn whatever he got, he had it coming for sure!).

I agree that he couldn't handle the truth about himself, and the public exposure though.

I am sure most people would say they, "dont believe they would ever sick around such a man",
but "Experience is the biggest killer of theory".

The reasons *why* she stayed with him have been gone over many times. It doesn't really matter why, we each make our way, as best we know how.

I think this is pretty much what happened. Melinda was supposed to be the hot chick on the side, but she morphed almost immediately into another burden. As for her being disparaged, I don't know who would be in a position to do that whose opinion he cared about. But of course I don't know the whole situation.

(modsnip)

I don't think it was ANYTHING she said that night that pushed him to pull that trigger. I believe he spent weeks setting this up to look like a stalker had killed her.

I totally agree with you that this was a premeditated murder. I was just wondering if maybe she had told him that night she was leaving.

I totally agree with you that this was a premeditated murder. I was just wondering if maybe she had told him that night she was leaving.
There was not much time left on the insurance policy. A matter of days really. Maybe it was a combination of that and the fact that she was taking steps to leave.

Hmmm...I had never thought about the brother being the author of those messages either. I wonder if law enforcement checked his computer too? Or just SL's. Interesting.

This whole story is so, so sad. So many lives were destroyed. And all over what? SL lying, cheating & being a selfish manipulator.

SL's ex-wife was mad when she found out about Melinda. She had every right to be mad. Who wouldn't be mad? And I'm sure she said some mean things about Melinda

But I'll bet you anything she never knew SL had told Melinda "his wife & child were dead" and he was available for dating. He probably told his wife that Melinda "threw herself at him" or something to that effect. Guys like SL are pros at pitting people against each other. He was probably telling Melinda that his ex-wife wanted him back too. The guy is a creep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member