Deceased/Not Found IN - Najah Ferrell, 30, Avon, Hendricks County, 15 March 2019

If the POI knew the tattoo was on that foot, why was the foot shoeless? Did the shoe fall off during a scuffle?
The foot might have been shoeless for the purpose of dismemberment. (sorry to be blunt and gruesome but unsure how else to say it) I'm not sure if a shoe would stay on a foot or not if the foot was removed from the rest of the leg, probably depends on what type of shoe. Until the rest of her is found it's hard to say whether she was dismembered or just her foot removed because of the tattoo.

ETA: IMO

I thought the phone was missing, thank you for confirming that.

I agree, I find that in most cases, every time we learn something it seems to create a ton more questions.

I had not even noted the foot was bare. I hate to think of what she possibly went through.

Certainly am hoping they are onto someone. I have a confidence in this case that they are but then time passes and I start to wonder. I also have no real reason to feel that confidence though so I am unsure why I do.
Well, at least they know more than we do (I hope). They believe she was not abducted and the public is not at risk. So... was she targeted? If someone called her to come to a location and she went willingly, that would not be considered an abduction...or would it?

This is just horribly hard to think about.

Well, at least they know more than we do (I hope). They believe she was not abducted and the public is not at risk. So... was she targeted? If someone called her to come to a location and she went willingly, that would not be considered an abduction...or would it?

Yeah, I did not know quite how to take that. I took it that he maybe wanted to allay public concern and hint that it was not like a stranger abduction but that the person who took her targeted her but he did not exactly make that clear. I also took it as it could be what you said, she trusted the person perhaps and willingly met with the person in which case it was not an abduction...? At first anyhow maybe?

Either way, it does seem to indicate they know a little bit about something or more than a little...

Praying that is true.

I never quite get the whole idea that since "the victim was targeted" it means no one else is in danger. If the victim was randomly targeted, the next victim could also be randomly targeted, right? (Does that make sense?) Of course I have no idea whether Najah was randomly targeted, and I guess my statement is more of a general one about the use of that phrase to placate the public.

I never quite get the whole idea that since "the victim was targeted" it means no one else is in danger. If the victim was randomly targeted, the next victim could also be randomly targeted, right? (Does that make sense?) Of course I have no idea whether Najah was randomly targeted, and I guess my statement is more of a general one about the use of that phrase to placate the public.

It seems to be done everywhere all of the time these days doesn't it? I think it must be in the training and procedures manual :)

In all seriousness though, I remember decades ago and I can't say where it was but there were numerous rapes and it was becoming clear to some or suspected (citizens did) that they may have a serial rapist (may have even been murders, I do not recall clearly). It was denied as possible, however, and played down and apparently not looked at for a long time. It turned out it was the same person. To me, this is where PR and politics comes in too, they don't want their city known as dangerous and they don't want their public panicked, etc. Safety should come first, I do not agree with it.

I totally get your point. More could end up hurt or harmed, so is it better?

It would be an abduction if she went willingly to someplace and from that location, someone removed her from it without her permission. As far as the term "targeted". When LE uses that term it's often because they have a belief that the victim was observed over time, so habit patterns emerge making the crime easier to commit and/or easier for the perp to avoid detection. It usually does not imply random.

Just checking in to see if there is any news.

This is one case in which we know so very little that I have no solid theory. I have a couple of thoughts but nothing to really back them up.

I was hoping with the finding of partial remains, we would see her found and/or an arrest.

I am still hoping for both of those things.

My heart goes out to her children and her family.

I agree. No other info that I can find right now.

To me this sounds like they just received the official DNA confirmation back of the foot which was identified preliminarily by the tattoo. I agree they do not explicitly make it clear it is just the foot, however, they have referred to the foot as human remains from the time it was found.

I wish they would find her but it was stated on further searches no further remains were found as I recall.

Jmo though.

MAY 2, UPDATED MAY 3, 2019
https://www.wthr.com/article/police-continue-seek-follow-clues-avon-womans-death
[...]

A fisherman found a severed foot in a pond near Crown Point, Indiana.

So far, investigators can't tell from the remains, how Ferrell died. They're hoping the FBI in Quantico, Virginia might have more answers, when they examine them.

More than a week after Ferrell disappeared, a road crew found some of her belongings near I-65 and Lafayette Road. 15 minutes away, Ferrell's car was found in a parking lot off of 86th Street and Michigan Road.

"Our investigators have been working with people in the area to try and establish a timeline of when that vehicle arrived in that location," said Nugent.

Police confirm they've sent items from the car to the state crime lab for testing.

"That may help us determining in the process of what may have led to how that vehicle got there, who may have been in the vehicle," Nugent added.

Investigators say they've issued 75 search warrants and interviewed more than 50 people, with more to go.

[...]

MAY 11, 2019
Family, friends come to remember Najah Ferrell
It was an emotional evening on the city's west side Saturday night.

Where family came together from across the country to remember Najah Ferrell.

[...]

Nearly 100 braved the rain to honor Ferrell, sharing memories and then holding a balloon launch.

It has been a special hurt for Ferrell’s mom on the eve of Mother’s Day.

“It has been a rough road for me. But she has given me strength through it to because I never thought I would be here. Never in my wildest dreams,” said PG.

[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back