GUILTY IN - Noblesville, David Michael Fouts, 50, 24 APR 2020, wife GUILTY of conspiracy

David worked for me for several years. A real stand up guy. I hadn't talked to him since 2016 when I left the company and he went on to Salesforce. I find it very interesting that his new wife hasn't even posted an obit and she kinda has a sketchy past. I don't know her but this is the first place I would look. If I'm wrong then I'm sorry. But I really hope they find out who did this to him. He didn't deserve to die this way. I don't know what happened since his divorce but he would neve kill himself. David was a happy go lucky guy.

the above article states he had 2 DV arrests and a violation of RO in 2019, sounds related.

Arrest!!
Hamilton County Sheriff's Office Indiana
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Homicide Investigation Arrest
Public Information Officer: Ryan McClain
Office: 317-776-4104
Email: Ryan.McClain@hamiltoncounty.in.gov

Release Date: September 18th, 2020
Case Number: 2020-8134

CASE UPDATE:

The Hamilton County Sheriff’s Office Investigations Division has continuously been investigating the death of David Michael Fouts, age 50, of Pendleton, Indiana since Mr. Fouts’ body was found in a ditch near the 21500 block of Overdorf Road on Friday, April 24th, 2020.

Through the vigorous efforts of the Hamilton County Sheriff’s Office, Hamilton County Coroner’s Office, Westfield Police Department, Indiana State Police, Madison County Sheriff’s Department, Fishers Police Department, Pendleton Police Department, along with various forensic laboratories, criminal charges have been filed against Katrina Fouts (54) of Pendleton, Indiana and Terry Hopkins (64) of Richmond Indiana.

The Hamilton County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office has charged Fouts with:

1) Murder
2) Conspiracy to Commit Murder
3) False Informing
4) Failure to Report a Corpse

The Hamilton County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office has charged Hopkins with:

1) Murder
2) Conspiracy to Commit Murder
3) Failure to Report a Corpse

These charges are merely accusations and all individuals are presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.
Anyone with information about this death investigation is asked to contact Crime Stoppers of Central Indiana at 317-262-TIPS or Det. Greg Lockhart of the Hamilton County Sheriff’s Office at 317-773-1282.

And the man arrested is a former police officer
Former Richmond officer among 2 arrested in Hamilton County murder investigation | Fox 59

HAMILTON COUNTY, Ind. — Two people face murder charges after an investigation into an April homicide investigation.

The Hamilton County Sheriff’s Office said officers arrested Katrina Fouts and Terry Hopkins in connection with David Fouts’ death. Hopkins is a former Richmond Indiana police officer.

It is true that Dave was a avid cyclist however this fact probably does not play into his death. There needs to be pressure on the Hamilton Countu Sheriff to solve this. His body was moved, he didn't die in the ditch. This is being investigated as a homicide
I knew him from cycling. And we had worked a charity cycling event together several months before his death. A super nice guy.

I knew him from cycling. And we had worked a charity cycling event together several months before his death. A super nice guy.

I’m sorry for your loss but thankful there has been an arrest. Do you know of a potential motive? I’m thinking a relationship here between the two arrested. So sad it had to come to this if so.

I’m sorry for your loss but thankful there has been an arrest. Do you know of a potential motive? I’m thinking a relationship here between the two arrested. So sad it had to come to this if so.
I don’t know a thing other than what has been reported, which is precious little. I didn’t know anything about his personal life, only knew him from the cycling community. I had discussed with other cyclists who knew him well, and none had any idea what could have happened.

I had worked with him at a charity event and chatted with him for quite awhile afterwards. A very nice guy and a hard worker.

Cannot link on my phone but Fox59 reporting COD as poison mushrooms!!!

Whiskey
Tango
Foxtrot?
HAMILTON COUNTY, Ind. — Newly released court records reveal strange details about an alleged murder in Hamilton County.

Prosecutors believe the death in mid-April may stem from poisonous mushrooms.

The victim’s body was found along a ditch on Overdorf Road nearly three days after he was last known to be alive.

The discovery was made by a woman walking along the road.

The victim was quickly identified as David Fouts, but figuring out what led up to his death proved difficult.

According to court records, Fouts had cuts on his hands and duct tape residue on his wrists and ankles, but after a lengthy investigation the most likely cause of death was a lethal dose of mushroom chunks in his stomach.

Although a toxicology report proved inconclusive, a botanist at Purdue told prosecutors it wasn’t surprising that a mushroom toxin known as muscarine was not detected, noting muscarine has a half-life of about eight hours and is usually undetectable by seventy two hours.

While no motive was ever given for the death, last week prosecutors charged the victim’s wife Katrina Fouts with murder, conspiracy and failure to report a corpse.

Investigators claim they found a screenshot on her phone with information on deadly mushrooms and insist she made no effort to contact her husband for several days after his disappearance.

A family friend, Terry Hopkins, is also charged with aiding in the murder. Hopkins formerly worked as a police officer in Richmond.

Prosecutors maintain they found DNA evidence on the victims shirt tying Hopkins to the death.

Even though murder charges have been filed, anyone with information on the case is still encouraged to contact Crime Stoppers or the Hamilton County Sheriff’s Office.

Court docs: Poisonous mushrooms found in stomach of Hamilton County murder victim | Fox 59

More pictures and video at the link:

Indiana wife 'used deadly mushrooms to poison her husband' | Daily Mail Online

"An Indiana wife allegedly used deadly mushrooms to poison her husband after researching toxic fungi online.

David Fouts, 50, was found dead in a ditch close to their home in Hamilton County in April and had consumed poisonous mushrooms at the time of his death, an autopsy has revealed.

Wife Katrina Fouts, 54, of Pendleton, and her alleged accomplice Terry Hopkins, 64, of Williamsburg, have been arrested and charged in connection with the incident.

Fouts' body was discovered on April 24 in a ditch near the 21500 block of Overdorf Road in rural Noblesville, several days after he was last seen.

He was found with lethal amounts of toxic mushroom chunks in his system as well as cuts on his hands, and duct tape residue on his wrists and ankles.

According to a court affidavit, the mushroom he had ingested was identified as the potentially lethal Lyophyllum connatum, or white domecap mushroom."

So far the docket has the two being tried together but I suspect the defense attorneys will make a motion to sever the joint trial so TH can blame KF and vice versa. I also believe these will be available to view via Zoom or Teams at IN Court Streams - IN Court Streams

Being local, this case interests me. Not to mention COD being mushrooms. I know some of David's friends are on this thread and want justice for him as well.

-----------------------
State of Indiana v. Terry Wayne Hopkins
11/10/2020
Pretrial Conference
Session:
11/10/2020 2:30 PM, Judicial Officer: Hughes, William J

01/04/2021
Final PreTrial Conference
Session:
01/04/2021 1:30 PM, Judicial Officer: Hughes, William J

02/02/2021
Jury Trial
Session:
02/02/2021 9:00 AM, Judicial Officer: Hughes, William J
Indiana Supreme Court public access case search - MyCase
-------------------------
State of Indiana v. Katrina Louise Fouts
11/10/2020
Pretrial Conference
Session:
11/10/2020 2:15 PM, Judicial Officer: Hughes, William J

01/04/2021
Session:
01/04/2021 1:30 PM, Judicial Officer: Hughes, William J

02/02/2021
Jury Trial
Session:
02/02/2021 9:00 AM, Judicial Officer: Hughes, William J

The trial has been severed because Terry Hopkins jury trial is set for 05/04/2021

Jury Trial
Session:
05/04/2021 9:00 AM, Judicial Officer: Hughes, William J

It appears Defendant Hopkins cited personal medical reasons as to requesting the prior continuances.

02/23/2021 Hearing Journal Entry
Cause comes for hearing. Parties appear via Zoom. Parties were unable to obtain any resolution. Sheriff's representative appeared as a witness for the Court to obtain information. Serious access problems exist due to Covid-19 and the Defendant's medical condition that are impacting the appropriate preparation for a murder trial in this Court.

07/19/2021
Session:
04/19/2021 3:00 PM, Rescheduled
Session:
07/19/2021 3:00 PM, Judicial Officer: Murphy, Darren J - MAG

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors