IN IN - Paul Raymond Harrod, adult, may have been using false identity, Hamilton County, 27 Nov 1992

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crackbook has a woman of said name (with a third name) in the first city you mention above. Just choose that city on the left side as part of your search criteria.

She's also the right age-range. Has a visible photo on her page that has her sitting on the couch with a gentleman circa mid-80s judging by the clothing. No pics of him more recent than that. Hard to tell by the photo as it's faded in his facial area, but very short cropped hair. Prominent chin - similar facial shape.

Her page also has her as having attended Central High School, Albert Lea, MN

Any more on this, or any other Diane Rae? Possibly near an Air Force base?

Remember, while we do NOT sleuth this person, we may location some information useful for CyresAres1's LE investigation.

I stopped by the Ransom Note thread in the JBR forum, invited them to look at the handwriting on the marriage license.[/QUO
I'm not an expert, but I think the only scarring should be underneath the ears.
Yea, i just can't imagine getting one's ears pinned back as part of an effort to change one's appearance but I'm no expert lol.

Completed interview with True Crime Garage today... should be on 6-8 weeks or sooner!
Sorry if these have already been answered...but do you know if fake Paul ever spoke of having any children from his previous marriage? And do you know the name of the high school he allegedly attended?

This whole situation seems obvious to me; this guy set up avery good false identity in 1987 and “walked away “ from it either to a new false identity or back to his original identity. What I find interesting is that what he pulled off would have been fairly easy into the 1970’s but very difficult by 1987.

I worked for Social Security and was directly involved in reviewing questionable applications for new SS numbers and for resolving messes that resulted from false identities being set up.

Before about 1975,it was fairly common for people to set up multiple identities with multiple SS records that were perfectly valid. The gravestone of a young child was often the starting point. The reasons usually involved petty fraud such as dodging debts or Child Support. Occasionally it did involve serious criminal activity and big money credit fraud. Pressure to tighten up the system plus technological advances and legal changes made it very difficult to set up a false identity with a new, valid SS number.

The relevant change in this case was that there were so many reasons someone would have to furnish a SS number to function in temporary society that anyone over 18 who claimed not to have one would raise all kind of suspicions. The only valid reason I ever saw for someone around 40 not to have one was long term incarceration. (By the 1990’s, Parole boards were requiring inmates to secure valid SSN’s before they were released)

Standard procedure would be to ask the person to first, tell us their life story, starting with where they went to High School then everthing after that (where they lived, how they got by, who their friends, family and acquaintances were. Then we checked their story out starting with the school record. If the school could not verify attendance, something was very wrong and without a very good explanation, the new number would be denied. I’m suspicious that Social Security, through either misfeasance or malfeasance, issued that number incorrectly. The fact that the the name of the high school was know makes suspect there was some sort of Social Security Investigation. I can see how a wife would know the name of an “ex” , former employers, military history and where he as from, but who cares about the name of the High School?

My guess is that he just went back to his real identity. Whatever he as running from Was no longer a problem.

This whole situation seems obvious to me; this guy set up avery good false identity in 1987 and “walked away “ from it either to a new false identity or back to his original identity. What I find interesting is that what he pulled off would have been fairly easy into the 1970’s but very difficult by 1987.

I worked for Social Security and was directly involved in reviewing questionable applications for new SS numbers and for resolving messes that resulted from false identities being set up.

Before about 1975,it was fairly common for people to set up multiple identities with multiple SS records that were perfectly valid. The gravestone of a young child was often the starting point. The reasons usually involved petty fraud such as dodging debts or Child Support. Occasionally it did involve serious criminal activity and big money credit fraud. Pressure to tighten up the system plus technological advances and legal changes made it very difficult to set up a false identity with a new, valid SS number.

The relevant change in this case was that there were so many reasons someone would have to furnish a SS number to function in temporary society that anyone over 18 who claimed not to have one would raise all kind of suspicions. The only valid reason I ever saw for someone around 40 not to have one was long term incarceration. (By the 1990’s, Parole boards were requiring inmates to secure valid SSN’s before they were released)

Standard procedure would be to ask the person to first, tell us their life story, starting with where they went to High School then everthing after that (where they lived, how they got by, who their friends, family and acquaintances were. Then we checked their story out starting with the school record. If the school could not verify attendance, something was very wrong and without a very good explanation, the new number would be denied. I’m suspicious that Social Security, through either misfeasance or malfeasance, issued that number incorrectly. The fact that the the name of the high school was know makes suspect there was some sort of Social Security Investigation. I can see how a wife would know the name of an “ex” , former employers, military history and where he as from, but who cares about the name of the High School?

My guess is that he just went back to his real identity. Whatever he as running from Was no longer a problem.
I think he went back too...but I actually don't think he ever went missing, or ran away from his real identity. I wonder if he traveled some during the brief time they were married. As in, he was going back to another wife and family under his real identity, thus would have never been reported missing. He used another fraudulent social in addition to Paul's...that kind of wreaks of scam artist...not someone who is fearful and trying to start a new life. MMO

It was 87-88 that FLEK pulled it off too.

Served a search warrant today... more to follow later, perhaps today or tomorrow. Been a very busy day which hopefully yielded new intelligence, definitely more paperwork and images.
Intriguing! I didn't read/see here that you were serving a search warrant! I must've missed that part, lol. Can't wait for results :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DryHeat77